The new Kinect voice commands will be able to control DVD and Blu-Ray playback

#21kayoticdreamzPosted 9/20/2013 11:09:09 AM
brisashi posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Because shouting at your TV is so much easier than pressing a button on your remote...

I can see it being much easier to say "pause" than to figure out where you set your remote if you are watching something at night. Especially if you are like me and your placement of the remote tends to migrate.

this. my remotes sprout legs....go out and get drinks....and then come home and i see them 6 hours later laying on the bed in plain site despite i checked the bed 20 times before.

i like the idea that i dont have to hunt(i hear freshly opened batteries make good bait) for the remote.
#22EllesarienPosted 9/20/2013 11:12:16 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
brisashi posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Because shouting at your TV is so much easier than pressing a button on your remote...

I can see it being much easier to say "pause" than to figure out where you set your remote if you are watching something at night. Especially if you are like me and your placement of the remote tends to migrate.

this. my remotes sprout legs....go out and get drinks....and then come home and i see them 6 hours later laying on the bed in plain site despite i checked the bed 20 times before.

i like the idea that i dont have to hunt(i hear freshly opened batteries make good bait) for the remote.

No, No, No. You have it all wrong. It is much easier to find and use a remote in a dark room than speaking one or two words at your TV.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#23DXiRoNMaNPosted 9/20/2013 11:26:52 AM
this is actually pretty damn cool the XB1 just seems so underpowered for actually playing games
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#24RayconPosted 9/20/2013 11:30:00 AM
That's great for people who will take advantage of it, but I for one cannot imagine myself barking orders at my TV in my house. That just seems silly.

= /
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#25NeoMonkPosted 9/20/2013 11:31:05 AM
JiZamez posted...
FINALLY! A reason to get a next gen gaming console!

---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#26omega1110Posted 9/20/2013 11:59:10 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
brisashi posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Pretty sure it takes more energy to say "Xbox stop, Xbox rewind, xbox stop, xbox forward wind, xbox stop, xbox rewind, etc" when it inevitably doesn't stop on the parts of the movie you want it to, than it does to click a button on your controller.

I can see why some people might find it 'neat', but I honestly don't see people using it more than simply pressing a button.

My wife and I cut off the Xbox control when watching shows and movies (not to mention even when we don't, it cuts itself off after 15 minutes or so) so we usually use Kinect commands to control streaming shows and movies and have often complained about how it doesn't work on dvds. Watching movie for an hour need bathroom break, first wait for control to come back on than pause, "Xbox Pause" is quicker.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.