Microsoft on Xbox One Vertical Orientation: 'Do it at your own risk'

#51nelson0928Posted 9/20/2013 7:45:42 AM
Seriously? "Do it at your own risk". Are they f*cking serious?!

My PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 have stood vertically for years. Are they really telling us that the Xbone which is launching in 2013 won't work vertically whereas a 13-year-old console can?

As much as I hated the Xbone for having 50% weaker specs and still somehow being over-sized, mandatory kinect, huge power brick, etc. I was pretty sure I was gonna get one when Halo 5 comes out. But now I'm conflicted. I don't wanna miss out on Halo 5 but I also don't know where to put the console if I buy it. All of my consoles are on the floor which can only be placed vertically otherwise they would easily get stepped on and take too much space. Man, they keep giving us reason not to buy the console, it's almost as if they're doing it on purpose.
#52AlexanaxelaPosted 9/20/2013 8:00:29 AM
xfd the console won't overheat as fast if you're able to stand it in a vertical position
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#53PowerOfTheCloudPosted 9/20/2013 8:17:10 AM
I think what they mean is that there is a chance your discs will get scratched. The 360 scratched many of my discs from people moving it. If its vertical, there is less stability and a higher chance it will sway or fall. Even the smallest bump can etch a perfect circle into your disc permanently ruining it.
---
300,000 servers, one for every player
#54Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 9/20/2013 8:31:25 AM
GGscrub posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Waiting for the fanboys to defend this somehow. Oh Microsoft what are you doing? You guys have been your own worse enemy with the tons of bad pr,messaging,damage control,etc...

And GGscrub already delivered. War never changes.

I'm a Xbox fanboy now? LOOLLL check my post history you big fruit.

I am gonna use the phrase "you big fruit" in real life aswell as online. I loved it lol
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic!-MetaFalconPunch
DISCLAIMER: English isn't my main language.
#55sexbonePosted 9/20/2013 8:33:15 AM
PowerOfTheCloud posted...
I think what they mean is that there is a chance your discs will get scratched. The 360 scratched many of my discs from people moving it. If its vertical, there is less stability and a higher chance it will sway or fall. Even the smallest bump can etch a perfect circle into your disc permanently ruining it.

yeah agree with this
not over heating, but more of optical problem, oops new problem .....
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#56Reflex-ArcPosted 9/20/2013 8:35:23 AM
This board is full professional nitpickers. It's absolutely amazing. You guys will complain about anything.

My car wasn't designed to drive on two wheels, but I suppose I could do it at my own risk. I'm certainly not going to whine about it.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#57Big_IsaacPosted 9/20/2013 8:37:07 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
This board is full professional nitpickers. It's absolutely amazing. You guys will complain about anything.

My car wasn't designed to drive on two wheels, but I suppose I could do it at my own risk. I'm certainly not going to whine about it.

riiiiiiiight so we should just be ok with MS setting themselves up for another red ring of death?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#58sexbonePosted 9/20/2013 8:37:48 AM
man, i really don't like the way how they said it
it sounds like
xbox one : buy it at your own risk
because it seems risky to buy one
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#59AlexanaxelaPosted 9/20/2013 8:38:03 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...

you're comparing setting a rectangle on its side to driving a car on 2 wheels?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#60Reflex-ArcPosted 9/20/2013 8:47:42 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

you're comparing setting a rectangle on its side to driving a car on 2 wheels?

No, I'm stating how ridiculous it is to complain when a product is designed to be used a specific way and you risk damage using it a different way.

It's really very simple. Pencils are not designed to be shoved up a nose either, but you could probably do it at your own risk.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard