Microsoft on Xbox One Vertical Orientation: 'Do it at your own risk'

#61AlexanaxelaPosted 9/20/2013 7:51:28 AM
what's more ridiculous is a console designed in the year 2013 that hasn't been designed with standing on it's side in mind. Again if you can't see the difference between wanting to set your square-box console on it's side, and wanting to shove a pencil up your nose, then this entire discussion is pointless
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#62EliteGuard99Posted 9/20/2013 7:58:34 AM
YumeOMiru posted...
People stop hurting the Xbone with all your mean words!

poor, poor Xbone :(

lol
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!
#63Reflex-ArcPosted 9/20/2013 8:00:15 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
this entire discussion is pointless

Yes. It is.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#64Thewinner14Posted 9/20/2013 8:04:08 AM
The original Wii models all have slot loaded drives and came with stands to set it vertically
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#65SeyalPosted 9/20/2013 8:17:09 AM(edited)
Reflex-Arc posted...
Alexanaxela posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
This board is full professional nitpickers. It's absolutely amazing. You guys will complain about anything.

My car wasn't designed to drive on two wheels, but I suppose I could do it at my own risk. I'm certainly not going to whine about it.

you're comparing setting a rectangle on its side to driving a car on 2 wheels?

No, I'm stating how ridiculous it is to complain when a product is designed to be used a specific way and you risk damage using it a different way.

It's really very simple. Pencils are not designed to be shoved up a nose either, but you could probably do it at your own risk.

Right, because shoving pencils up noses is the typical way people think of using pencils. It's also not a requested or a previously enjoyed feature Same with driving cars on two wheels.

Setting consoles vertically is completely different.
---
O Almighty watch over your servant as she struts her stuff! - Nun/Dancer at Gleeba
#66GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/20/2013 8:22:47 AM
nelson0928 posted...
Seriously? "Do it at your own risk". Are they f*cking serious?!

My PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 have stood vertically for years. Are they really telling us that the Xbone which is launching in 2013 won't work vertically whereas a 13-year-old console can?

As much as I hated the Xbone for having 50% weaker specs and still somehow being over-sized, mandatory kinect, huge power brick, etc. I was pretty sure I was gonna get one when Halo 5 comes out. But now I'm conflicted. I don't wanna miss out on Halo 5 but I also don't know where to put the console if I buy it. All of my consoles are on the floor which can only be placed vertically otherwise they would easily get stepped on and take too much space. Man, they keep giving us reason not to buy the console, it's almost as if they're doing it on purpose.

Why would you keep your consoles on the floor that's just dumb I'm sorry.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#67KamenRiderBladePosted 9/20/2013 9:27:32 AM
Why is it that the XB360, PS4, PS3, PS2 can all go vertical with appropriate stands, yet the XB1 is "Do at your own risk?"

WTF?

MS failing it's customers AGAIN!
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#68chogiebearPosted 9/20/2013 9:46:09 AM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Why is it that the XB360, PS4, PS3, PS2 can all go vertical with appropriate stands, yet the XB1 is "Do at your own risk?"

WTF?

MS failing it's customers AGAIN!

More like poor hardware planning and being rushed to compete with Sony.
#69Blade SeekerPosted 9/20/2013 10:26:51 AM
ianthegamer posted...
im pretty sure the xbox 360 was at your own risk as well.
I def have my 360 vertical but with the size of this new xbox i think it would look very odd to be standing vertical anyway. Its huge.

Id probably rest my 360 or ps4 (when i get it) on top of the thing

Why would you rest another console on its cooling vents?
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#70PsychoGatesPosted 9/20/2013 10:29:15 AM
Ive never used any of my consoles vertically so this doesnt affect me