Microsoft on Xbox One Vertical Orientation: 'Do it at your own risk'

#81Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 4:24:00 PM
GGscrub posted...
I don't understand you guys, out of all the tens of things you can complain about the Xbone, you get mad over this aswell?

Whats the big deal here? he is warning his future customers about something that may damage a 500$ system, how the hell is this a bad thing?

Because it's indicative of inferior design or engineering, especially taken into context with the overall size of the console and it's hardware specs, and external power supply. The quality of Microsoft's engineering, or the lack of it, gave us the RROD-era of gaming. That's why some people find this information to be reason for more skepticism about the build quality again.

While his choice of words were a little poorly chosen in light of how the brand is currently viewed(many will take anything out of context to troll), it doesn't inspire any confidence.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#82Laylow12Posted 9/21/2013 1:52:58 PM
What about the cloud? I'm sure that can over power the scratches.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#83Masterchief5525Posted 9/21/2013 1:56:27 PM
nelson0928 posted...
Seriously? "Do it at your own risk". Are they f*cking serious?!

My PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 have stood vertically for years. Are they really telling us that the Xbone which is launching in 2013 won't work vertically whereas a 13-year-old console can?

As much as I hated the Xbone for having 50% weaker specs and still somehow being over-sized, mandatory kinect, huge power brick, etc. I was pretty sure I was gonna get one when Halo 5 comes out. But now I'm conflicted. I don't wanna miss out on Halo 5 but I also don't know where to put the console if I buy it. All of my consoles are on the floor which can only be placed vertically otherwise they would easily get stepped on and take too much space. Man, they keep giving us reason not to buy the console, it's almost as if they're doing it on purpose.

>.< big reason to not buy a console since it can't stand vertically. /sarcasm
#84Cowboy082288Posted 9/21/2013 2:34:52 PM
Masterchief5525 posted...
nelson0928 posted...
Seriously? "Do it at your own risk". Are they f*cking serious?!

My PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 have stood vertically for years. Are they really telling us that the Xbone which is launching in 2013 won't work vertically whereas a 13-year-old console can?

As much as I hated the Xbone for having 50% weaker specs and still somehow being over-sized, mandatory kinect, huge power brick, etc. I was pretty sure I was gonna get one when Halo 5 comes out. But now I'm conflicted. I don't wanna miss out on Halo 5 but I also don't know where to put the console if I buy it. All of my consoles are on the floor which can only be placed vertically otherwise they would easily get stepped on and take too much space. Man, they keep giving us reason not to buy the console, it's almost as if they're doing it on purpose.

lol ikr, I don't know if I have ever seen so much fake outrage in a thread before. "WHAT?!?! I can't stand it up vertically!!! I wanna talk to my congressman, a senator, get the President on the phone! This is an outrage!!"
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#85SilentS89Posted 9/21/2013 2:36:34 PM
Masterchief5525 posted...

ANY excuse not to spend half a grand harms the Xbone.
#86yiangaruuugaPosted 9/21/2013 8:05:20 PM
It may just be me, but I doubt the X1 will overheat due to standing vertically. I think it has enough vents on the top and back to provide plenty of ventilation.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#87DTM847Posted 9/24/2013 4:41:38 AM
Seyal posted...
Right, because shoving pencils up noses is the typical way people think of using pencils. It's also not a requested or a previously enjoyed feature Same with driving cars on two wheels.

Setting consoles vertically is completely different.

Exactly. What if my TV stand / media center only has room for a standing set-top box? Am I going to re-do my entire living room setup to accommodate this hardware limitation?

Also, like Seyal said, vertical standing is a requested feature. There is always going to be hate from "fanboys" against anything and everything, but the people complaining about this lack of a feature are or were potential buyers of the X1.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847