Microsoft Isn't Giving Up On An All-Digital Future With Xbox One

#1sexbonePosted 9/20/2013 7:24:38 AM
http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/09/microsoft_isnt_giving_up_on_an_all_digital_future_with_xbox_one

no disc no gamestop, and cheaper games please
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#2LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/20/2013 7:28:34 AM(edited)
So DRM is coming back to the Bone before the gen is over. Tell us something we didn't know.

Cheaper games ain't gonna happen, especially with MS bro. Look at day one download prices. If any thing the prices will stay high. Look at 4 year old 360 games in the store. You chasing a pipe dream.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#3PokebaldyPosted 9/20/2013 7:26:38 AM
I'll support their All-Digital future when they do away with the 24 hour checks and always online + the Kinect and cheaper console prices >______>
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/20/2013 7:31:42 AM
Pokebaldy posted...
I'll support their All-Digital future when they do away with the 24 hour checks and always online + the Kinect and cheaper console prices >______>

They would have to do away with physical install discs if you want the DRM checks to disappear.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#5sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:37:12 AM
digital games are supposed to be cheaper
what's the point then if the price is still $60 when the physical all gone
so i believe ms has some plans to make digital games cheaper, except if ms wants to monopolize games sale
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#6vashtrichamPosted 9/20/2013 7:42:24 AM
sexbone posted...
so i believe ms has some plans to make digital games cheaper, except if ms wants to monopolize games sale

Entitled much, digital games do not HAVE to be cheaper. Games cost 2x as much to make as they did when the $60 price was made the standard.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#7sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:46:08 AM
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...

Entitled much, digital games do not HAVE to be cheaper. Games cost 2x as much to make as they did when the $60 price was made the standard.

come on
physical is priced at $60 and digital is priced at $50, makes sense right?
---
#8Webmaster4531Posted 9/20/2013 7:48:03 AM
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...

Because the investment is worth the returns and if it isn't cut your development costs. The consumer does not care how much the developer payed to make a game nor should they. They should buy games on the merits of the game.
---
Ad Hominem.
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/20/2013 7:51:27 AM(edited)
sexbone posted...

The point that everyone was missing in the first place. Digital library's that can be accessed at any, internet connected, XBO. Family game sharing amongst multiple accounts. Voice commands to change the game you're playing instantly. And others I'm sure I'm forgetting but these were the features I was most looking forward too.

Also, there is still a similar cost to digital games, when compared to physical, as they have to digitally store that you bought it and keep it available for redownloading purposes. This stuff costs money.

EDIT*

60 for physical and 50 for digital? Do you have any clue how cheap it is to actually make the physical media? The difference is much smaller than that.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:54:10 AM
got it, so it's okay for no physical, all digital and still $60
but not for me, still hoping $10 cheaper
---