Microsoft Isn't Giving Up On An All-Digital Future With Xbox One

#11vashtrichamPosted 9/20/2013 7:00:33 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...
digital games are supposed to be cheaper
what's the point then if the price is still $60 when the physical all gone
so i believe ms has some plans to make digital games cheaper, except if ms wants to monopolize games sale

Entitled much, digital games do not HAVE to be cheaper. Games cost 2x as much to make as they did when the $60 price was made the standard.

Because the investment is worth the returns and if it isn't cut your development costs. The consumer does not care how much the developer payed to make a game nor should they. They should buy games on the merits of the game.

Consumer will always want to pay less, there is a industry standard already. Companies are all ready struggling to make a big enough profit to support themselves. Digital does not HAVE to be cheaper just because they are not printing discs.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#12SinisterSlayPosted 9/20/2013 7:02:25 AM
All digital encourages me a bit.
I know my mother wants to play some of those kinect games, but she lives out in the middle of nowhere, so being able to download games is a big advantage.
Now they just need cheap digital pricing.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13Webmaster4531Posted 9/20/2013 7:02:42 AM
He's completely ignore other cheaper venues of digital games. Humble Bundles are popular and the humble website upkeep comes out to .15 if you pay enough for steam keys.
---
Ad Hominem.
#14Webmaster4531Posted 9/20/2013 7:06:41 AM
vashtricham posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...
so i believe ms has some plans to make digital games cheaper, except if ms wants to monopolize games sale

Entitled much, digital games do not HAVE to be cheaper. Games cost 2x as much to make as they did when the $60 price was made the standard.

Because the investment is worth the returns and if it isn't cut your development costs. The consumer does not care how much the developer payed to make a game nor should they. They should buy games on the merits of the game.

Consumer will always want to pay less, there is a industry standard already. Companies are all ready struggling to make a big enough profit to support themselves. Digital does not HAVE to be cheaper just because they are not printing discs.

Then less people will buy digital.
---
Ad Hominem.
#15vashtrichamPosted 9/20/2013 7:08:33 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
He's completely ignore other cheaper venues of digital games. Humble Bundles are popular and the humble website upkeep comes out to .15 if you pay enough for steam keys.

You cant compare pc digital to console digital. They work in totally different ways. If pc didnt have to compete with consoles they would never sell their games for less then the industry standard for consoles. PC game sales are usually no where near their console counterpart, they have to entice people to buy for pc much more so then consoles have to entice their consumers to buy digital. Then pc has competing digital stored when consoles do not.
---
#16SinisterSlayPosted 9/20/2013 7:09:49 AM
vashtricham posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...

Check with Valve, people pay less all the time. Even small price drops net more profit because the value of games has decreased over the years, not increased.
Some devs have reported doubling their profits when they halved their price.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17adonfrazPosted 9/20/2013 7:12:42 AM
I'm considering going all-digital with the PS4, since the Vita/Vita TV will be able to access your entire library. The X1 hasn't shown me enough to consider it if I purchase one in the future.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#18vashtrichamPosted 9/20/2013 7:15:02 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
vashtricham posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...

Check with Valve, people pay less all the time. Even small price drops net more profit because the value of games has decreased over the years, not increased.
Some devs have reported doubling their profits when they halved their price.

So they have brand new games that sell that low, ya thats what i thought. Check GTA5/COD people pay full price all the time.
---
#19SinisterSlayPosted 9/20/2013 7:17:24 AM
vashtricham posted...

So they have brand new games that sell that low, ya thats what i thought. Check GTA5/COD people pay full price all the time.

They usually have price drops after 6 months.

But if your going to set your standard to GTA5 and COD, well then have fun paying 60 dollars + 80 dollars in DLC. You have no right to complain about MS not discounting digital sales.
---
#20Webmaster4531Posted 9/20/2013 7:19:06 AM
vashtricham posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...

You cant compare pc digital to console digital. They work in totally different ways. If pc didnt have to compete with consoles they would never sell their games for less then the industry standard for consoles. PC game sales are usually no where near their console counterpart, they have to entice people to buy for pc much more so then consoles have to entice their consumers to buy digital. Then pc has competing digital stored when consoles do not.

It works similarly enough that I can say 15 should be enough to pay for a lifetime of downloads.
---
Ad Hominem.