Microsoft Isn't Giving Up On An All-Digital Future With Xbox One

#31Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/20/2013 10:54:34 AM
regsantotomas posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Would digital have to be cheaper for me to consider it? Definitely. Does it have to? No. Some people prefer digital, and will pay full price for the convenience.

This is the exact scenario I am in. Frankly, having hundreds of boxes isn't pragmatic for me any more. Add this to the real possibility of family sharing with my friends and family and going all digital is a no brainer.

Exactly and at the moment the only thing keeping me from going all digital are those darn preorder bonuses.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#32_Sovereign_Posted 9/20/2013 2:21:09 PM
vashtricham posted...
sexbone posted...
digital games are supposed to be cheaper
what's the point then if the price is still $60 when the physical all gone
so i believe ms has some plans to make digital games cheaper, except if ms wants to monopolize games sale

Entitled much, digital games do not HAVE to be cheaper. Games cost 2x as much to make as they did when the $60 price was made the standard.

Digital games HAVE to be cheaper. From that $60, the publisher only sees $27-35, everything else is costs for retail. Shipping, packaging, inventory fees, etc. If you actually pay $60 for a retail copy DIGITALLY, you're a moron, and further perpetuate the cycle that Steam users laugh at you for.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#33Foxx3kPosted 9/20/2013 6:53:17 PM
Microsoft should make Halo 5 a digital only game.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#34SilentS89Posted 9/20/2013 9:58:04 PM
I will never support All-Digital until it gives me more advantage than "Not All Digital".

Period.
#35Foxx3kPosted 9/20/2013 9:59:28 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I will never support All-Digital until it gives me more advantage than "Not All Digital".

Period.

I hope to go all digital because I hate changing discs and I'm sold on "snapping" between games.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#36iceman505Posted 9/20/2013 11:48:56 PM
ACx7 posted...
All digital is the future for every major gaming platform; and you better believe DRM will come along with it.

And you kids will happily pave the road to hell for MS, won't you? I already figured Xbox One would be the last console with discs. However, to see today's kids happily embracing loss of all control over their purchases, is just sickening.
#37scoobydoobydontPosted 9/20/2013 11:51:30 PM
I'll buy into it when they announce full BC and license transfers to One, and an indefinite, open-ended commitment to hosting all marketplace purchases. Until then, I don't trust their digital, sorry.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#38Cowboy082288Posted 9/21/2013 12:06:59 AM
Just my 2 cents. If these two systems PS4 and X1 can fullfill their promise of playing a game while it downloads I don't think I would ever buy a physical copy again. Just hitting 'purchase' and then 'download' on my TV screen and then start playing the game seems awsome to me. Though I do get why some people like being able to resell their old games towards a new purchase.
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#39HellsControllerPosted 9/21/2013 12:41:53 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Just my 2 cents. If these two systems PS4 and X1 can fullfill their promise of playing a game while it downloads I don't think I would ever buy a physical copy again. Just hitting 'purchase' and then 'download' on my TV screen and then start playing the game seems awsome to me. Though I do get why some people like being able to resell their old games towards a new purchase.

How fast is your internet where you'll be able to play a game the moment you hit download? Won't you need to download at least enough to be playable while the rest of the game finishes up?
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#40sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 10:11:22 PM
my biggest fear is when DRM is implemented and the next gen is coming up, the console stops working because of no server availables to ping due the allocation to the next gen, combine with no bc, there go my $60 digital games
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.