Dead Rising 3 locked at 30FPS

#1MrImpatient35Posted 9/20/2013 9:39:35 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/20/4750936/dead-rising-3s-tgs-demo-shows-fixed-framerate-and-co-op-freedom

The framerate issue was my only concern. Now that that's fixed, I'm all in. DEFINITELY buying this game now. Capcom said they were finishing up the game at the last showing (Gamescom?), and it seems like they weren't lying about that. Even with so many zombies on screen, the framerate is still smooth.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:42:59 AM
When players are brought into a host's game, they'll bring all the progress, unlocks and stat customizations from their own game with them. There also aren't any restrictions on what they can bring back, either experience earned, weapons found and blueprints discovered in the co-op game come back with you after you leave the host.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#3snowboard340Posted 9/20/2013 10:08:01 AM
Good to know, thanks TC. Can't wait for it. Just beat Dead Rising 2 over the weekend, and that got me excited.
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:35:46 AM
I'd like to see some gameplay to confirm this, because it's hard to believe that with SO MANY ZOMBIES, the framerate doesn't dip. I wanna see it myself.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#5regsantotomasPosted 9/20/2013 10:46:54 AM
The fact that the timer is optional is what makes this game more intriguing to me.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/20/2013 10:49:39 AM
regsantotomas posted...
The fact that the timer is optional is what makes this game more intriguing to me.

Same here. I couldn't get into the first 2 games because I always felt rushed.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7regsantotomasPosted 9/20/2013 10:51:56 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
regsantotomas posted...

I powered thru the first one and just gave up on the 2nd one after a while.

So much of the enjoyment of the game is the discovery of new weapons and tactics and having a timer IMO doesn't facilitate that.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:53:15 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
regsantotomas posted...

That's how I feel. I always wanted to get into the series, but the timer thing sounded annoying so I didn't. I HATE timers in games (Bulletstorm). Optional timer? I'm all in.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#9teehee23Posted 9/20/2013 11:00:13 AM
Thanks for the info and link.
Dead Rising 3 looks like the best game of the franchise, by far, and a AAA launch title we MUST have.

Thank you, Microsoft and Capcom.
---
SEGA #1.
Bestest games. Bestest franchises.
#10yazman666Posted 9/20/2013 11:01:02 AM
Good for you guys who enjoy the game....when it comes about me.....
IM TIRED OF SHOOTING ZOMBIES.....
Please devellopers give it a brake...is the industry obssesed with this topc...not only gaming its everywhere...for god's sake...im so fed up with this crap.
---
Abyss Walker, Humanity Collector, Crystal Lizzard slayer.
Artoria's Descendant, Chosen Undead.