XB1 being rushed to market?

#1MrZonePosted 9/20/2013 8:45:57 AM
Do you think the XB1 is being rushed to market? - Results (139 votes)
Yes
70.5% (98 votes)
No
29.5% (41 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In my opinion, too much circumstantial evidence pointing towards it's being rushed. What are your thoughts?
#2MrImpatient35Posted 9/20/2013 8:53:35 AM
My thoughts? Months ago, I thought PS4 was being rushed mainly because all the real good looking games, like Infamous Second Son are coming out next year. FFXV, Destiny, etc. Everything good is next year. So I'm guessing they're both rushed maybe?

With that said, there's plenty that I want, that I'll be playing this year on X1. My sig isn't even half of them that I want.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#3SoulTrapperPosted 9/20/2013 8:59:16 AM
Everything about the xbox screams "rushed".

From the number of release countries to the "options that the 360 has that won't be available" to the lack of support for kinect in many of the launch countries to the last minute changes to console specs.

They're trying their hardest to release around the same time as the PS4 and they're taking quite a few risks in the process.

MrImpatient35 posted...
My thoughts? Months ago, I thought PS4 was being rushed mainly because all the real good looking games, like Infamous Second Son are coming out next year. FFXV, Destiny, etc. Everything good is next year. So I'm guessing they're both rushed maybe?

With that said, there's plenty that I want, that I'll be playing this year on X1. My sig isn't even half of them that I want.

I'm not sure I can follow your logic:

Because certain games are releasing later on, the console is being rushed?
If you mean it's releasing earlier than most of the important console selling games, I'm with you on that.
But I've yet to see any indication of how the console itself is being rushed.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#4pigman2003Posted 9/20/2013 9:25:17 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Everything about the xbox screams "rushed".

From the number of release countries to the "options that the 360 has that won't be available" to the lack of support for kinect in many of the launch countries to the last minute changes to console specs.

They're trying their hardest to release around the same time as the PS4 and they're taking quite a few risks in the process.

MrImpatient35 posted...

I'm not sure I can follow your logic:

Because certain games are releasing later on, the console is being rushed?
If you mean it's releasing earlier than most of the important console selling games, I'm with you on that.
But I've yet to see any indication of how the console itself is being rushed.

No gaikai on launch
#5IzzythewinnerPosted 9/20/2013 9:40:08 AM
no, its designed as it was intended. Complete western developed hardware afterthought 101.
#6SunDevil77Posted 9/20/2013 9:44:06 AM
No. The 360/PS3 were rushed. The software changes may be rushed, but the hardware itself in both consoles have had tons of development time.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7DelRowePosted 9/20/2013 9:50:58 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
No. The 360/PS3 were rushed. The software changes may be rushed, but the hardware itself in both consoles have had tons of development time.

Wasn't the PS3 delayed an entire year?
---
You are not in control.
#8Coutts2Posted 9/20/2013 9:51:19 AM
I think they were on track with the launch at E3, after what happened it seems they are struggling to keep up with the changes that they had to make in order to stay competitive. Rushed isn't the word I would use, scrambling to get it to market fits better in my opinion.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#9Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 9:54:46 AM
Yeah, I'd say it's definitely a rushed console, but less so than the 360. I doubt we'll be seeing anywhere near the failure rate this time.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#10DionysusPosted 9/20/2013 9:55:53 AM
The software definitely seems rushed. KI, for example, is demonstrably incomplete and a couple others dropped Kinect. It seems like they took whatever they possibly could button up and ship out by November, even if it could only be sold as a 20$ game.

That having been said, a lot of launches are pretty shaky when you look at the software.