Dead Rising 3 locked at 30fps? Ryse only running at 900p?

#11kingofjamaicaPosted 9/20/2013 11:30:45 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...
TurtlePowah posted...
RollnThunder213 posted...
Oh wow, you just demonstrated yourself that framerate and graphics don't equal directly how fun a game is...

If your original point WAS true then why do 30fps games like Killzone and Driveclub get a break?

http://www.gamechup.com/killzone-shadow-falls-multiplayer-has-a-smooth-60-fps-framerate/

http://n4g.com/news/1337800/driveclub-isnt-60fps-yet-but-evolution-still-hopes-to-reach-it-for-launch

Evolution has been known in past to make there goals as well.

So how about you don't spread lies?

When did "targeting 60 fps" turn into actually 60 fps?

CoD4 on console. Only CoD game on console to run a steady 60fps is Black Ops II actually.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#12MrImpatient35Posted 9/20/2013 11:40:53 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
There's way too much stuff on screen in Dead Rising 3 to go for 60fps. 30fps with that many zombies is quite an achievement.

Exactly. With that many zombies, you expect 60FPS? lol I knew months ago that this game wouldn't do 60. There's too much going on.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#13kingofjamaicaPosted 9/20/2013 11:46:27 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
There's way too much stuff on screen in Dead Rising 3 to go for 60fps. 30fps with that many zombies is quite an achievement.

Exactly. With that many zombies, you expect 60FPS? lol I knew months ago that this game wouldn't do 60. There's too much going on.

With proper LOD and better optimization, 60fps with that many entities on screen is certainly doable.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#14MrImpatient35Posted 9/20/2013 11:50:06 AM
Possibly a few years into the gen, but I doubt it at launch.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#15reincarnator07Posted 9/20/2013 11:51:56 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

With proper LOD and better optimization, 60fps with that many entities on screen is certainly doable.

Problem there is likely the processor. It's running a tablet processor, I don't honestly know what people were expecting. At that price point you're going to be limited by the hardware.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#16kingofjamaicaPosted 9/20/2013 1:41:31 PM
reincarnator07 posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Problem there is likely the processor. It's running a tablet processor, I don't honestly know what people were expecting. At that price point you're going to be limited by the hardware.

That's where the optimization comes in. With that many entities the major draw on the CPU would be AI. What you'd have to do is implement a pretty aggressive crowd AI system where entities close to you have individual AI, but the rest of the mob is broken up into groups, and each group has one collective AI routine.

Like I said, it can be done, but it's a matter of effort/value.
---
#17MrImpatient35Posted 9/20/2013 1:50:15 PM
And like I said, I doubt any game would pull that off on launch. To have that many enemies on screen at one time, and running at 60fps. Asking for 60 on launch is asking too much IMO. Also, DR3 cannot cook you breakfast lol.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#18Exodus_PrimePosted 9/20/2013 1:56:31 PM
NeoMonk posted...
This isn't a problem just on the XB1 it's also happening on the PS4 side.

IF we would take off our fanboy hats for a minute and actually discuss how pathetic it is that these so called super powerful PC based consoles that have been made so simple to code for... Devs are having issues getting a basic 1080p 60fps to run properly is a problem.
1080p 60fps should be the ground not the ceiling, You can't tell me that 5 years from now when they're struggling so hard to reach that ceiling somehow they'll get 4k or more out of these things...

But hey it's much more fun to claw away at "HAHA UR CONSOLE (insert slam here)"
Than it is to look at the bigger picture and realize both of these things may have been rushed and these are the early signs.

Are you okay man? that's like....that's like the best non biased post I've ever seen you put on here...or did someone hijacked your account...either way good job and I agree (wow I agree with one of your posts)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.