So what exactly is the "TV" functionality and how do i know if my cable supports

#1jmitnickPosted 9/20/2013 12:11:06 PM
So I know the Xbox doesn't function as a DVR for TV. So what exactly is the "TV" functionality beyond just passing through the audio/video from my cable box?

Also, if there is some added functionality how can I tell if my cable box supports it?
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#2AwayFromHerePosted 9/20/2013 12:43:45 PM
All it is, is taking the HDMI cable from your cable box out of the TV and putting it into the XBOne.

As for compatibility, I don't think there has been an official list yet.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3ianthegamerPosted 9/20/2013 12:48:36 PM
well i dont even know if my cable box has hdmi. I use Time Warner and i honestly dont watch enough TV to even find this feature relevant. Seems like it would have made more sense last generation.

I just dont see the need to hook up your cable through another source... but maybe it will end up being cool?

Picture in picture is such a dumb feature that was cool when i was in middle school but honestly serves no practical purpose for the typical user
---
"Nobody cares about SKN or King of Fighters anymore. Go play Art of Fighting or SvC Chaos 29.99 ONLI and get lose."-GWEndlessDuel