So what exactly is the "TV" functionality and how do i know if my cable supports

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So what exactly is the "TV" functionality and how do i know if my cable supports

User Info: jmitnick

jmitnick
3 years ago#1
So I know the Xbox doesn't function as a DVR for TV. So what exactly is the "TV" functionality beyond just passing through the audio/video from my cable box?

Also, if there is some added functionality how can I tell if my cable box supports it?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
3 years ago#2
All it is, is taking the HDMI cable from your cable box out of the TV and putting it into the XBOne.

As for compatibility, I don't think there has been an official list yet.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: ianthegamer

ianthegamer
3 years ago#3
well i dont even know if my cable box has hdmi. I use Time Warner and i honestly dont watch enough TV to even find this feature relevant. Seems like it would have made more sense last generation.

I just dont see the need to hook up your cable through another source... but maybe it will end up being cool?

Picture in picture is such a dumb feature that was cool when i was in middle school but honestly serves no practical purpose for the typical user
"Nobody cares about SKN or King of Fighters anymore. Go play Art of Fighting or SvC Chaos 29.99 ONLI and get lose."-GWEndlessDuel
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So what exactly is the "TV" functionality and how do i know if my cable supports

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived