Xbox One television features only available in the USA and Japan at launch.

#182xenoPosted 9/20/2013 1:54:17 PM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-microsoft-on-its-vision-for-xbox-one

“TV, if you want to continue, would be another criticism. We talk a lot about TV and that's only going to work basically in Japan and the U.S. at launch where you have HDMI-in scenarios, so you'll say 'hey, what if I have a terrestrial over the air?' We won't have a solution for that right away, but we still sell it as part of the vision. So it's honest criticism and you'd love to have the new launch be everything that you had before and more, but unfortunately it's an untenable [proposition].”

But what about the fact that Xbox One won't have the full TV functionality at launch? Penello sees it as a demographic question. “It's not going to be us – it's not the early adopters that this is a problem [for] - which is why we're not prioritising solving it right off the bat, because the price of the consoles will have to come down like they do in every generation, the market will expand, we'll eventually catch up to the people who are probably laggards in TV, and by that time we'll have a more robust story than we have at launch.” So in summary – the TV stuff's not really for you, but by the time your mum and dad want a machine it'll totally work.

Well...........why is this named the "Xbox One", again? 12 out of 13 launch territories cannot use one of it's primary features, and the only other territory that does, will not get the Xbox One till, most likely, spring 2014.
---
Shwing
#2RollnThunder213Posted 9/20/2013 1:57:08 PM
Well it's a good thing I live in the US then
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3Exodus_PrimePosted 9/20/2013 1:58:25 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
Well it's a good thing I live in the US then

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4Satchmo25Posted 9/20/2013 2:03:10 PM
No one wants the TV features I thought. This is good news then, seems like people DO want a multi-functional console if this is a problem.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/20/2013 2:03:59 PM
82xeno posted...
12 out of 13 launch territories cannot use one of it's primary features, and the only other territory that does, will not get the Xbox One till, most likely, spring 2014.

Probably makes more sense to count the number of people than the number of territories.
#6TrickyPonyPosted 9/20/2013 2:05:43 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
No one wants the TV features I thought. This is good news then, seems like people DO want a multi-functional console if this is a problem.

No one wants the TV features. Unless those unwanted features are unavailable to them in their country, then they want them. Do you follow now?

Fanboy logic, at first, is unintuitive, but if you give it a chance you'll find that actually no, it is unintuitive.
#7TauriLeaderPosted 9/20/2013 2:11:38 PM
It will be tricky to get working in the UK as the cable companies have their own console war going on.

For example in the Game of Thrones is available in the US on the HBO channel where you subscribe. In the UK there is no such option. If you want to watch it you have to get Sky TV. None of the other companies can show it.

I am sure it will work on Sky as some point but Sky might want it to work exclusively with them and leave the others out.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 9/20/2013 2:11:48 PM
WHAT?!?

I don't live in USA nor Japan...and my most wanted feature won't be available?!?

Holy s***, pre-order canceled.

GOD DAMMIT
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#9uptown710Posted 9/20/2013 2:23:40 PM
Did anybody on the development team just take a sec and think "Holy ****, if we release this thing in other counties it'll have to recognize their language, and cable layout too!"?

All signs point to voice commands/TV features not bein well thought out on a global scale at all.

Yet MS is adamant that they're "100% behind" other countries besides the US.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#10reincarnator07Posted 9/20/2013 2:32:07 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

No one wants the TV features. Unless those unwanted features are unavailable to them in their country, then they want them. Do you follow now?

Fanboy logic, at first, is unintuitive, but if you give it a chance you'll find that actually no, it is unintuitive.

Could just be that different people want different things.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero