Xbox One television features only available in the USA and Japan at launch.

#21unclekoolaid73Posted 9/20/2013 4:22:18 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
If your argument is that people should have been complaining since May, well, they have been.

Clearly. There is a complaint about everything seemingly.

Criticism is one thing. Regurgitating the same thing just to complain is another. This isn't anything new. So I ask: what purpose does this old information bring with regards to new discussion?

Or are we simply going to dig up and re-beat this dead horse.

I think as the console come closer to launch more people are coming to these boards with complaints others have already had. Not everyone has been on the boards since the reveal of the XBOX ONE. Its only going to get worse as the 22nd of November nears. Lets face it some complaints IMO are valid, including this one mentioned in the topic title. Why bother with this console if youre not getting all the bells and whistles it offers. My two cents.
#22JusticeSwordPosted 9/20/2013 4:33:21 PM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Wow buy our console for these amazing features not available in your area anytime soon.

I never thought about it in that way..

Only the US will be getting decent TV support but weve been told that already so its not too bad.

Surely the kinect features, the X1s main difference from competitors, will work for the few launch countries, voice commands etc?

& what about Great Britain, will kinect voice features work here? I mean, it is supposed to work in English, & Great Britain, especially England, is as "English" as it gets & Im skeptical that it will.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#23Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 4:33:27 PM
regsantotomas posted...

Clearly. There is a complaint about everything seemingly.

Don't let it frustrate you, a lot of it is legitimate. Not everyone is a fanboy, not every criticism is meant to piss people off. There's honestly a lot to complain about. Not everyone has the confidence that you or some one else might in the console yet.

Criticism is one thing. Regurgitating the same thing just to complain is another.

I don't know the topic creator and it would be meaningless to speculate about his motivations for posting this information, or some one else for commenting on it. But If he has a history of trolling and I'm missing something, I'm clearly mistaken for questioning why we're talking about him.

This isn't anything new. So I ask: what purpose does this old information bring with regards to new discussion?

Or are we simply going to dig up and re-beat this dead horse.

The article was posted just today, so I assume you're referring to the information the article is covering? Not everyone hears the same information at the same time, or a different exec commenting on the information again. Info that gets released about the XboxOne isn't filed somewhere in some comprehensive FAQ stickied on the board. Sometimes we're going to be confronted with information about the console that we either heard already or don't want to hear or let anyone else hear about. It's probably best we either address the information or don't, not address the motivation behind talking about it(again).
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#24Bikes-Posted 9/20/2013 4:34:12 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Marginalize the feature on one hand and then show genuine concern when the same feature is unavailable.

To be fair MS is doing the opposite, making a big deal about it at first but then completely downplaying it when they failed to actually deliver it to most regions.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#25Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 4:39:45 PM
I'm not interested in the XboxOne TV features even a little, and I resent Microsoft's focus on them and the casual market a bit, if I'm being honest. Hearing that their Kinect functionality and TV features aren't even ready for show-time yet indicates to me that the console would benefit from more time in the "oven", and if I was to purchase an XboxOne at all I'd be better served by waiting for the platform to mature a little more. This information somewhat reinforces that point.

Is that unfair of me, or is this one of a few proper ways to take this information in context?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#26mankindismymaskPosted 9/20/2013 5:49:42 PM
So, the Europeans won't have the "TV", and the Japanese won't have the console.

Only 'Merica.

niiiiiiicee....
#2782xeno(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 5:57:34 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
All of you posters trying to manufacture controversy by claiming that unnamed Sony fanboys are being inconsistent are missing the point. If this isn't a big deal to you, then terrific, but what do you gain by undermining criticism of inconsistent XboxOne features?

How is this inconsistent when support will be limited for North America at launch was announced on May 21st?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-ones-live-tv-features-coming-to-north-america-first-every/

Why isn't this information in the FAQ on this board then? I'm sure it would be pertinent information for potential buyers in other countries besides the US and Japan.
---
Shwing