The Xbox One is better suited for Call of Duty, FPS's and the Fallout series

#1TerraUniversePosted 9/20/2013 1:29:12 PM
Most of the exclusive games on the PS4 are lackluster.

The Xbox One is going to be better for Call of Duty, FPS's, great exclusives such as Halo, Forza, and the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout as well.

The Xbox controller once again looks much more refined than the PS4, especially for shooters. The Xbox One controller will come out for PC, which means that most competitive gamers will be using the Xbox One.

Look at the exclusive content that Bethesda gives Microsoft with Oblivion and of course, how they almost didn't release the DLC's for Skyrim for the PS3.
#2TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 1:30:21 PM
You could also say the PS4 is better suited for Final Fantasy games.
#3reincarnator07Posted 9/20/2013 1:38:38 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
Most of the exclusive games on the PS4 are lackluster.

Opinion. One that many people don't share.

The Xbox controller once again looks much more refined than the PS4, especially for shooters. The Xbox One controller will come out for PC, which means that most competitive gamers will be using the Xbox One.

Surely the best controller for a game is one that someone is comfortable with. I personally play console shooters better on the ps3 controller because that's what I find more comfortable. Why would the controller being available on PC mean that competitive gamers will use it? If you use a controller on PC shooters, you'll get destroyed even in casual games.

Look at the exclusive content that Bethesda gives Microsoft with Oblivion and of course, how they almost didn't release the DLC's for Skyrim for the PS3.

Considering how big the Elder Scrolls franchise is (and Fallout) I doubt MS has the money to buy anything more than timed exclusivity from Bethesda. I remember reading that they wanted to fix the issues with the PS3 version of Skyrim before adding the DLC on. This, admittedly, is pretty flimsy reasoning.

The Xbox One is going to be better for Call of Duty, FPS's, great exclusives such as Halo, Forza, and the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout as well.
You mean all the genres that play best on PC? With shooters in particular, PC is the way to go.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4BirgitteSilverPosted 9/20/2013 1:39:54 PM
You don't know any of this. You just clearly hope so.
#5TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 1:54:03 PM
You mean all the genres that play best on PC? With shooters in particular, PC is the way to go.

It matters that Microsoft is PC! Do you not realize that. You're saying that the PC is better for the shooters and Bethesda, and the Xbox brand is the console version of PC's. That's probably why it is more compatible with the Xbox. The Playstation is more different.

If the developers are designing for the PC, that means the Xbox One is closer, because PC's use Windows, which is Microsoft.
#6HaNg-MaNPosted 9/20/2013 1:59:50 PM
Okay. You must already have a ps4 and xbox1. Can you help me get in on the action?
#7HowardTheMizerPosted 9/20/2013 2:13:20 PM
The reason why most multiplatform games ran slightly better for xbox 360 was the ps3's cell architecture processor that complicated programming for software developers. This time around the xbox one and ps4 are both using x86 based processors.... and all the third party developers are touting the ps4 over the xbox one.

In fact, NOT ONE MULTIPLATFORM GAME has shown actual gameplay footage rendered over the xbox one. In the mean time, reviewers are crowning the ps4's recent debut of battlefield 4 gameplay comparing the jump in quality to that of battlefield 3 on PC. Face it xbox fans... your company grew too cocky and made a huge mistake. The only reason I'm able to say this is because Sony did the same thing after the playstation 2. If sony had simply upgraded the ps2 to then next gen capability, it's likely that microsoft would have bowed out of this console race; as their console numbers were getting BEYOND CRUSHED by arguably the greatest console of all time (Ps2).

I'm in no way a sony pony... I used to have a 360 and loved hoping online to play cod or gears with 7 to 8 friends and party chat. However, their first party exclusives pretty much disappeared. Halo has been on a steady decline since Halo 2... Gears of War took a monster nose dive in its latest title... Forza is nowhere near as good as Gran Turismo or even Project Gotham Racing... and can you even name a console exclusive after that?

Sorry to burst your guys' bubbles, but there are NO system sellers being offered at launch for either xbox one or ps4. You guys are desperately grabbing at threads of an unraveling sweater if you think rushed efforts like Killer Instinct or Dead Rising 3 are "can't miss" titles. I honestly think the FIRST next gen EXCLUSIVE title that looks appealing is Infamous Second Son. Sorry kids... Titanfall is NOT an xbox1 exclusive and will be inferior to the PC version. Also, titanfall (along with dr 3) will be ported to ps4 within a year... I can PROMISE you that, and you can quote me all day on that. Respawn entertainment is a START UP developer who will need high sales numbers in order for EA not to drop them like it's hot.
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#8TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 2:24:09 PM
HowardTheMizer posted...
The reason why most multiplatform games ran slightly better for xbox 360 was the ps3's cell architecture processor that complicated programming for software developers. This time around the xbox one and ps4 are both using x86 based processors.... and all the third party developers are touting the ps4 over the xbox one.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how these games run, since the PS4 and X1 are a lot closer in similarity.
#9bksonic123Posted 9/20/2013 2:36:39 PM
I hate FPSs and I'm not very fond of the Fallout series. Looks like XB1 is the perfect console for me(!)
#10_Sovereign_Posted 9/20/2013 3:52:55 PM
That's one hell of an opinion TC.

Personally, the PS4 exclusives completely tower over the X1 exclusives.

Comfortable controller? All of them. Seriously, acclimate yourself.

No game is best suited for any console due to content, that's up to the developers and how efficient/lazy they are.
---
Consoles I've owned : NES SNES GEN N64 PS DC GC PS2 Wii PS3 X360 Wii U GB GBC VB DS 3DS
I do not return to topics, I say my peace and move on