Hype level rising exponentially.

#31Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/22/2013 3:32:16 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
So you're criticizing a person for giving an objective reason as to why the ps4 is better

That's the problem though, he didn't give any reasons beyond "the PS4 is a better deal" and it certainly didn't sound objective. He then goes on to imply that anyone not choosing PS4 is "irrational". All opinions are not created equal, and his was not presented well.

SoulTrapper posted...
(it is 50% faster to develop for, which means it's most likely that xbox games will be ports of ps4 games next gen)

Link? I've heard "50% more shade textures" or whatever but not 50% faster to develop for. And PS3 multi-plats were usually ports and still looked pretty good so no one should be too worried about this.

SoulTrapper posted...
and then go on and list nothing but opinions and pretend they're facts?

All the details I posted are facts, look them up. The only opinion present is that those features make the X1 a better deal, and that should be common sense. So what are you talking about?

SoulTrapper posted...
It's rather sad if you actually think you made a point there.

I think it's even sadder that you managed to misunderstand a post that was relatively simple to begin with.
#32SoulTrapperPosted 9/23/2013 1:50:33 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

That's the problem though, he didn't give any reasons beyond "the PS4 is a better deal" and it certainly didn't sound objective. He then goes on to imply that anyone not choosing PS4 is "irrational". All opinions are not created equal, and his was not presented well.

Objectively, it is.
It's better hardware at a lower price.
Choosing better hardware at a lower price is a rational decision.

Link? I've heard "50% more shade textures" or whatever but not 50% faster to develop for. And PS3 multi-plats were usually ports and still looked pretty good so no one should be too worried about this.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

It's nothing to be worried about, multiplat games will look pretty much the same but will most likely be ported from ps4 to xbox next gen, exclusives will most likely look better on PS4.

All the details I posted are facts, look them up. The only opinion present is that those features make the X1 a better deal, and that should be common sense. So what are you talking about?

- Xbox Live: opinion

- Dedicated Servers: opinion+ ps4 will have dedicated servers as well

- Controller: opinion

- Launch Exclusives: opinion

- Snap: this has been available on ps3 already + opinion

- Skype as you play:opinion, this isn't an objective selling point

- Better streaming service (Twitch): opinion+ ps4 has twitch as well

- Kinect player recognition (even on other people's systems), screen switching, and other voice features: opinion, not everyone cares about these things+ ps4 has face recognition and voice features as well with the eye.

I think it's even sadder that you managed to misunderstand a post that was relatively simple to begin with.

It was a simple post, but it was also filled with subjective crap presented as objective reasons.
This is grade school stuff, really.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#33COBRAxDFWxPJPosted 9/23/2013 3:02:15 AM(edited)
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Dev0311 posted...
That's exactly what. PS4 is stronger, from what I been reading, and cheaper. Any rational person would pick that over a Xbone. That's only if we're not talking about exclusives.

Rational, lol. I'm willing to give you your opinion but saying that's a "rational" choice is idiotic. You're more hyped for it because of a slight, theoretical graphics advantage and a cheaper price. X1 literally does everything else better:

- Xbox Live
- Dedicated Servers
- Controller
- Launch Exclusives
- Snap
- Skype as you play
- Better streaming service (Twitch)
- Kinect player recognition (even on other people's systems), screen switching, and other voice features

And like I said, the increased price is offset by Kinect (which is a much better camera than Eye Toy), and the free game that will come with it. So really all you're looking it is the slight power difference which still remains to be seen.

why do you keep saying "theoretical" graphics advantage? its not theoretical. its proven by FACT. ps4's graphics chip is literally 50% more powerful than XBO's. This is like saying a cheetah can "theoretically" outrun a bull. It makes no sense because its proven fact.

all of the advantages you posted are either on ps4 as well or are downright subjective.

-PSN is objectively better than xbox live because of price difference as well as price saving across all 3 sony platforms.the only advantage MS has is dedicated servers which will only be utilized by a select number of games.

-you have not even held a ps4 controller yet and you tout xbone's as the better one? Most sources say the DS4 is on par if not outdooes the xbox controller.

-Launch exclusives are subjective.

But here is an objective links. http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/topic/54096-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-retail-exclusives-in-euus-2010-2013/
http://www.gamingcapacity.com/exclusives-2011-overall/

since 2008 sony has been outdoing microsoft in the exclusive department (as they should with all their IP's). so if you want to look at exclusives, its an obvious choice.

-ps4 not only has twitch, but Ustream as well. Ps eye can do voice and facial recognition, while skype is yet again subjective.

-"snap" is a buzzword like "cloud" which literally just means multitasking, which not only will ps4 be able to do, but what ps3 and vita already can.
#34Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/23/2013 9:31:29 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Objectively, it is.
It's better hardware at a lower price.
Choosing better hardware at a lower price is a rational decision.

You're oversimplifying and it's just making you look desperate. Better hardware has yet to be confirmed. Lower price would be rational if both systems offered exactly the same things, but they don't as I've already shown. Therefore some will perceive the X1's value greater than the PS4 and vice-versa. Saying otherwise is just ignorant and clearly shows a subjective opinion.

SoulTrapper posted...
- Xbox Live: opinion

- Dedicated Servers: opinion+ ps4 will have dedicated servers as well

- Controller: opinion

- Launch Exclusives: opinion

- Snap: this has been available on ps3 already + opinion

- Skype as you play:opinion, this isn't an objective selling point

- Better streaming service (Twitch): opinion+ ps4 has twitch as well

- Kinect player recognition (even on other people's systems), screen switching, and other voice features: opinion, not everyone cares about these things+ ps4 has face recognition and voice features as well with the eye.

And this is what I might by you misunderstanding something quite simple. Obviously those features being selling points are my opinion but the fact is that X1 offers them or a (subjectively) better version of the same feature than PS4. The entire point of that was to show that there is rational behind someone choosing X1 over PS4, which I've proven.

So stop being overly sensitive and defending a guy saying "PS4 is the only rational choice". You're grasping at straws doing so and it's watering down what are usually well presented arguments from you.
#35SoulTrapperPosted 9/24/2013 2:59:52 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

You're oversimplifying and it's just making you look desperate. Better hardware has yet to be confirmed. Lower price would be rational if both systems offered exactly the same things, but they don't as I've already shown. Therefore some will perceive the X1's value greater than the PS4 and vice-versa. Saying otherwise is just ignorant and clearly shows a subjective opinion.

How am I oversimplifying it?
Better hardware IS confirmed, simply look at the specs. Microsoft themselves even acknowledged this fact.

They don't offer the same things, you're right.
The xbox offers less as far as hardware goes and is asking for more.

Perceived value has nothing to do with actual value, once again you drag in subjectiveness.

Facts are simple: the ps4 offers better hardware at a lower price.

And this is what I might by you misunderstanding something quite simple. Obviously those features being selling points are my opinion but the fact is that X1 offers them or a (subjectively) better version of the same feature than PS4. The entire point of that was to show that there is rational behind someone choosing X1 over PS4, which I've proven.

So stop being overly sensitive and defending a guy saying "PS4 is the only rational choice". You're grasping at straws doing so and it's watering down what are usually well presented arguments from you.

Yet you claimed they were facts in one of your previous posts:

And as I've pointed out, a lot of the things you listed are available on the ps4 just as well.

I don't think you understand what a rational choice is. A rational choice is based on facts, not opinions or feelings.
Choosing the xbox over the ps4 will always be an irrational choice due to the fact that the xbox hardy has anything that's objectively better.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#36Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/24/2013 10:31:33 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

I'm not going to keep repeating myself, I've already proven to you rational reasons why someone would chose X1 over PS4, and you denying someone's rationality over a console choice just makes you seem petty and proves you've already lost this argument.

I am glad that you posted this quote from me again though, because your misunderstanding of it seems to be the reason we're still discussing this. I clearly stated "The only opinion present is that those features make the X1 a better deal", and you reply by telling me how all of my opinions are... opinions. To make matters even worse, instead of posting good reasons why those features don't add value to X1, you just label each of them as said "opinion". And for the record, no a lot of those things aren't on PS4. PS4 will not have dedicated servers for all their games, it won't have the same exclusives, it won't have the same level of Snap and game/TV switching integration, it won't have Skype as you play, it won't have Kinect, it won't have Azure and unlimited cloud storage, and it won't have the Xbox Live interface nor an Xbox controller (both of which are better by popular opinion, but keep telling yourself they aren't).

So go on saying that choosing the X1 is an irrational choice, and people will continue to ignore you and label your arguments as nonsense if you choose to do so. You're really not hurting anyone but yourself.
#37Dev0311Posted 9/25/2013 12:21:23 AM
Btw Kinect is a liability not an asset, that's a fact.
#38-Erika-Posted 9/25/2013 1:15:39 AM
Yeesh, it's kind of sad to see the same few people here from like 2 months ago just kind of saying the same things and trying as hard as possible to shoot down anything not negative about the XB1.
---
Joshi Spirit
#39game freakozoidPosted 9/25/2013 5:34:25 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

I'm not going to keep repeating myself, I've already proven to you rational reasons why someone would chose X1 over PS4, and you denying someone's rationality over a console choice just makes you seem petty and proves you've already lost this argument.

I am glad that you posted this quote from me again though, because your misunderstanding of it seems to be the reason we're still discussing this. I clearly stated "The only opinion present is that those features make the X1 a better deal", and you reply by telling me how all of my opinions are... opinions. To make matters even worse, instead of posting good reasons why those features don't add value to X1, you just label each of them as said "opinion". And for the record, no a lot of those things aren't on PS4. PS4 will not have dedicated servers for all their games, it won't have the same exclusives, it won't have the same level of Snap and game/TV switching integration, it won't have Skype as you play, it won't have Kinect, it won't have Azure and unlimited cloud storage, and it won't have the Xbox Live interface nor an Xbox controller (both of which are better by popular opinion, but keep telling yourself they aren't).

So go on saying that choosing the X1 is an irrational choice, and people will continue to ignore you and label your arguments as nonsense if you choose to do so. You're really not hurting anyone but yourself.

To be honest, as an outsider you are really just making yourself look bad. Especially as you have no repeatedly listed things in the Pro-Xbox department that the PS4 will actually be doing better. And I don't really understand how most of the 'rational' reasons you listed really work for Xbox's favor when PS4 actually does them better.
#40DyingPancakePosted 9/25/2013 6:15:20 AM
zalmute posted...
Im not actually trying to start a battle here. I was just saying that for me, some of the features are pretty cool. Snap is pretty cool too. Bring up gamefaqs while playing a game. Could be interesting.

Dude, you don't have to try on this board

If you say anything positive about the X1 then idiotic Sony fanboys are going to come in and continue their huge circle jerk

Even after you gave your answer it wasn't enough for them. They are a very sad breed
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2