Hype level rising exponentially.

#71Ryan-06Posted 9/25/2013 10:46:13 AM
brisashi posted...
Your sig filled me with sadness.

Leave him be. tc will suffer soon enough one way or other. Maybe hardware failures in the 1st year. Maybe peak near 60% like 360 did. Maybe he doesn't even pay for his own stuff. teenager.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
#72PsychoGatesPosted 9/25/2013 10:47:57 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
brisashi posted...

Leave him be. tc will suffer soon enough one way or other. Maybe hardware failures in the 1st year. Maybe peak near 60% like 360 did. Maybe he doesn't even pay for his own stuff. teenager.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

im not really sure how this is a relevant argument...
#73Dev0311Posted 9/25/2013 11:05:17 AM
PsychoGates posted...
Dev0311 posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Dev0311 posted...
At least be excited for something worth being excited for. Rumble in a couple of buttons is nothing to be excited for. The Wii U gamepad? That's something new and exciting. PS4 hardware advantage, that's something to be excited for. But rumble in a controller? Nothing new. I don't care if it's on your fingertips now, it's just freakin rumble and adds nothing of value to games.

rumble adds nothing to games? Go back to your sixaxis trash from the PS3 launch and say that again, not many would agree with you.

Im excited for the rumble triggers, and im pretty sure we arn't the only ones. Its sad how you think your opinion is the be all end all and nobody should be excited for things simply because you deem it as not "something worth being excited for"

get off the forums bud, some fresh air and human contact might do you some good.

Let me rephrase. Rumble in controllers is of course important. But rumble in triggers is just more of the same. It's not adding anything extra to the equation. What's next, rumbling analog sticks? It's just a petty new feature really. 'Oh wow cool, my finger rumbles when I pull the trigger in this new dudebro shooting game' Lame feature is lame.

the fact you use the term "dudebro" and phrase "lame feature is lame" explains everything.

Also I love how you dismiss a feature as lame or useless or petty and you havent even used it yet. Sounds like either fanboyism or a very pessimistic personality is to blame here.

I love how you resort to personal attacks in a discussion about a controller. Btw it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what rumbling shoulder buttons are like. Controllers have been rumbling since the 90s and now they just moved it to the triggers. Wooptydoo...
#74DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/25/2013 11:34:40 AM
VanderZoo posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Dev0311 posted...
What exactly got you excited for Xbone? If you actually did research you should've found out that PS4 is a better deal at $100 cheaper.

I agree. Not to mention the online is cheaper and just as good if not better, certainly better value for money.

Wow, some people are really delusional. Not only does XB1 have way more announced features and dedicated servers for third parties, PSN has been a joke compared to XBL in terms of actual online integration, features and so on.

Download a game on PSN 5x slower and then wait for an install that is just as long. Or, download something on XBL in a fraction of the time and have it installed when its downloaded!

Patches on PSN are the biggest jokes of all. Whether its a game patch or a system patch, they are ridiculously slow and far more than just 5x slower. This is on top of the fact that PSN seems to release patches like crazy in comparison.

Lets not forget Sony basically following everything MS is doing in the online sphere. Trophies, how to track friend progress, the whole friendslist is modeled after them, copied cross game chat (didn't work so well at first) and then tried to copy Partying with HOME which was a complete joke.

On top of that, their security was weak enough to get hacked and go down for over a month.

Its clear which one is the software company.

You're talking about current gen, nothing you said there is applicable to PSN on PS4. Fact is PSN is cheaper, and offers a ton more value, you actually get back more in value than what you pay in via PS Plus.

Xbox Live Gold doesn't, they try to give the illusion of value by saying "look, pay for Xbox Live and you can use Netflix and Party chat!", They hide as much as possible behind the pay wall.

Why do I have to pay for gold to use netflix or party chat on Xbox when it's still going to be free on PS4? Also the social and sharing features look much better on PSN.

MS hasn't talked much about those features at all which tells me they're not as good. We know it can't record as much footage as PS4 can. And again, you bloody need to pay xbox live gold to use the DVR and streaming features lol, they're free on PS4! MS is ripping you off mate, they're charging for things the competition doesn't.

MS also has no streaming service at all, they have vague plans to do it through the cloud, but we'll see how that works out, and when it works out. Sony is launching their gaikai streaming service on PS4 starting next year.

This is a joke right? You guys are saying that that was history and we don't know how the future system works but you also want to make the argument that PS+ is better. Do you not see the stupidity of your own logic?

Also, dedicated servers >>>>>>>>>>>>> some free games. Recording footage? Sorry but you can record as much as you want with Twitch. What a meaningless advantage especially when XB1 allows far easier multitasking.

Facts are, Sony is trying to make up for charging for an inferior service by providing things that do nothing for their online service.

Dedicated servers, cloud support, smart match and if we are going to speculate, MS is far better at making the most of their resources so we can expect their OS to run much smoother for online and continue to lead in online features.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#75VanderZooPosted 9/25/2013 6:21:44 PM
This is a joke right? You guys are saying that that was history and we don't know how the future system works but you also want to make the argument that PS+ is better. Do you not see the stupidity of your own logic?

Also, dedicated servers >>>>>>>>>>>>> some free games. Recording footage? Sorry but you can record as much as you want with Twitch. What a meaningless advantage especially when XB1 allows far easier multitasking.

Facts are, Sony is trying to make up for charging for an inferior service by providing things that do nothing for their online service.

Dedicated servers, cloud support, smart match and if we are going to speculate, MS is far better at making the most of their resources so we can expect their OS to run much smoother for online and continue to lead in online features.

It was history, you're talking about features that only apply to PSN on PS3, we're talking about PSN on PS4, it's totally different and better. I can say PS Plus is better (value for money) because it is, that's a fact (it's cheaper and offers not just more content than XBL, but more content than you pay in, and it's a nice bonus that it works across PS3, Vita and PS4). Put it this way, if you didn't need Gold to play online, would you subscribe to Gold? PS Plus currently isn't needed to play online, but people still sign up for it. Value my friend, PS Plus has it, Gold doesn't.

We know how PS Plus works because it's a model. You're talking about issues that have already been announced to be fixed. Like slow download times, the PS4 can do automatic and background downloading. You can play a game as it downloads, you can stream demo's instantly without needing to download them.

And you sound pretty hypocritical talking about dedicated servers, because PSN was free this gen and I believe most if not all 1st party Sony exclusives had dedicated servers, certainly more than what MS offered. So if dedicated servers are so important, what were you paying for all of this gen? Again *couch*ripoff!*cough* ah hem, excuse me...

Sony's 1st party games will continue to use dedicated servers and I'd be willing to bet most major AAA games will also use them, we know COD: Ghosts on PS4 is.

It is great though that Xbox One will have dedi's for all games, that's the only feature about Xbox Live Gold that is so far better than PSN on PS4. But we'll see how much of an advantage is turns out to be because I do expect most major games to be using them anyway.

And you haven't addressed any of the social and sharing features, MS has been very vague on all that stuff, I get the impression they added that stuff in last minute after seeing Sony doing it. But it's a core concept of the PS4, hence the dedicated Share button on the controller and dedicated chip to do it without lag.

Again, the DVR recording and gameplay broadcasting is free on PS4, you have to pay for it on Xbox. And you can only store and view the content on the Live network. In contrast, the DVR is for a start better on PS4 as it can do 15 minutes, Xbox One is 5 minutes. It's a standard feature, you don't need to pay to use it, and you can store it on the local HDD and upload it to social media sites like youtube.

And how does the game broadcasting on Xbox work, do you have to do it through Twitch, or can you just do it locally over console network like PS4 can? I haven't been able to find info from MS on that.

And you still haven't addressed the Xbox One's current inability or even plans to have a streaming service.

And what's your defense of paying for things on Xbox that are free on PS4? Stop being a fanboy for a second and think, why do you pay twice for Netflix on Xbox but not anywhere else?
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#76DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/25/2013 8:33:55 PM
VanderZoo posted...

It was history, you're talking about features that only apply to PSN on PS3, we're talking about PSN on PS4, it's totally different and better. I can say PS Plus is better (value for money) because it is, that's a fact (it's cheaper and offers not just more content than XBL, but more content than you pay in, and it's a nice bonus that it works across PS3, Vita and PS4).

Your argument isn't worth reading. When someone uses personal preference and random future facts as an argument, there is no hope for that person.

PS+ is a better value as a fact? How would you know? Dedicated server support for third parties is far more massive and expensive than giving away free games. Something Sony cannot possibly hope to afford. MS has over 20x the spending on server power and what we do know of Sony's servers are 90% dedicated to backwards compatibility through Gaikai.

Random games is a mere consolation prize compared to a far superior online experience. The whole idea of free games is to make up for what they cannot make up for in terms of online functionality.

You say PS4 is going to be better than PS3 yet we've seen barely any changes. On the other hand, XB1's XBL seems to be taking leaps and bounds. Dedicated servers have been in demand for a long long time. How can you argue that paying for an online service that gives free games is factually better than paying for an online service that will provide better online? Its going to be different depending on what you care about. For serious online gamers who don't want to suffer host advantages, lag and games dropping in and out, dedicated servers will be far more important.

The only objective stand point is to put a dollar value on the two features and we can be assured that Sony is not spending billions like MS has on servers in order to provide these games.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7795_EclipsePosted 9/25/2013 8:39:03 PM
zalmute posted...
brisashi posted...

I know. Devs losing their jobs due to higher costs of development is terrible.

So then why are you buying the console that's harder to develope for o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#78VanderZooPosted 9/25/2013 9:02:18 PM
VanderZoo posted...

It was history, you're talking about features that only apply to PSN on PS3, we're talking about PSN on PS4, it's totally different and better. I can say PS Plus is better (value for money) because it is, that's a fact (it's cheaper and offers not just more content than XBL, but more content than you pay in, and it's a nice bonus that it works across PS3, Vita and PS4).

Your argument isn't worth reading. When someone uses personal preference and random future facts as an argument, there is no hope for that person.

PS+ is a better value as a fact? How would you know? Dedicated server support for third parties is far more massive and expensive than giving away free games. Something Sony cannot possibly hope to afford. MS has over 20x the spending on server power and what we do know of Sony's servers are 90% dedicated to backwards compatibility through Gaikai.

Random games is a mere consolation prize compared to a far superior online experience. The whole idea of free games is to make up for what they cannot make up for in terms of online functionality.

You say PS4 is going to be better than PS3 yet we've seen barely any changes. On the other hand, XB1's XBL seems to be taking leaps and bounds. Dedicated servers have been in demand for a long long time. How can you argue that paying for an online service that gives free games is factually better than paying for an online service that will provide better online? Its going to be different depending on what you care about. For serious online gamers who don't want to suffer host advantages, lag and games dropping in and out, dedicated servers will be far more important.

The only objective stand point is to put a dollar value on the two features and we can be assured that Sony is not spending billions like MS has on servers in order to provide these games.

Well I repeat my earlier point; if that's all true, then why were you paying for Xbox Live this gen when Sony offered more dedicated servers? You're being hypocritical.

And it's just plain false to say we've barely seen any changes from PSN on PS3 to PS4. That just couldn't be more incorrect, I'l run off a few improvements (and innovations) now:

Party chat
Cross game chat
Cross game invites
Gaikai streaming (this is very broad, everything from streaming past PS games, streaming demos without having to download them, to the ability to stream PS4 games to VitaTV on the other side of the world)
Playing games as they download
Background patching/installing (you never have to sit and wait for something, it can all be done while The system is off or in the background while you use it)
Share functionality (another very broad one)
Broadcasting gameplay to your friends
Playing a friend's game remotely
Linking your facebook profile to use your real name and pictures
Numerous advances in the UI, how its displayed, how quick and easy it is to access
There's a mic included with every system so there will be a very vocal community
And of course it's just plain faster, Sony said their goal, in conjuction with Gaikai is to have the worlds fastest gaming network.

There's an all round strong social focus. Look at this picture, so far we haven't seen anything like this on Xbox One yet, correct me if I'm wrong:

http://www.psu.com/PlayStation-4--i41897.php

Can we do that on XB1?

The only thing XBL is doing better is dedicated servers for all games. Which is great, but again, I get the impression that most major games and certainly all PS4 exclusives will use them anyway.

And both online services look exceptional, but Sony is offering more for less.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#79DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/25/2013 9:15:54 PM
VanderZoo posted...
VanderZoo posted...

Well I repeat my earlier point; if that's all true, then why were you paying for Xbox Live this gen when Sony offered more dedicated servers? You're being hypocritical.

You mean like 2 more dedicated server games? Obviously you don't understand the difference in magnitude here. Also, there were plenty of reasons... Cross game chat, achievements, party chat and party gaming, smoother online functionality, an OS that doesn't lock out, better messaging features, way faster download speeds, games installing during download, faster patches that took up less space, not bombarded with console updates that really don't have much changes and also update far slower than MS's seasonal patches and I guess, less issues with people stealing your credit info.

XBL has a lot of advantages and Sony was always one step behind until only recently.

You then go on to list a bunch of improvements which is mostly them catching up to MS's features on the Xbox 360 while some others aren't even related to online play.

MS's dedicated servers for third parties and assured first party dedicated servers is going to be a huge difference, especially for those smaller devs who can't even do a decent P2P.

Cloud is also a pretty huge advantage. Smart Match is one of those features. You talk about the OS but MS seems to have far more OS improvements than the PS4... 4 apps in the background, snap, simple voice and motion commands to go from one app to another, pull and stretch and so on. Autosign in, auto redemption code reads, voice recognition and voice cancellation. It includes a headset but you also have the choice to voice chat WITHOUT a headset at all without having background noises interfering.

How do you not know anything about XB1?
---
#80Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/25/2013 10:09:50 PM(edited)
game freakozoid posted...
To be honest, as an outsider you are really just making yourself look bad. Especially as you have no repeatedly listed things in the Pro-Xbox department that the PS4 will actually be doing better. And I don't really understand how most of the 'rational' reasons you listed really work for Xbox's favor when PS4 actually does them better.

As an outsider with a clearly biased opinion your input means nothing to me, so I'm not sure why you even posted that. And I would really love to see you list how PS4 does those things better. This should be good.

Ryan-06 posted...

Lol desperate Sony shills. Now they've resorted to "hoping" the X1 will have hardware failures. News flash kids: Sony hardware has had it's own share of problems over the years, and to make it worse, they don't even man up and admit it, let alone offer to fix your console for free. I'd be more worried about that.