Is the industry ready for FOUR CONSOLES? Valve to officially announce it!

#11kayoticdreamzPosted 9/20/2013 7:51:10 PM
i sense much failure in this.

buying one launch console can be bad enough.....but people can justify a Wii U and one or the other. not to mention handhelds.

but buying a third or a fourth? yea this thing better bake my pies and make sandwiches.
#12Foxx3kPosted 9/20/2013 7:51:24 PM
Linux will be the consoles' undoing.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#13Thewinner14Posted 9/20/2013 7:54:25 PM
Lol at all the hate for the company that redefined PC Gaming, the company MS said they wanted to imitate. Valve isn't stupid, they know what they're customers want and can afford. You really think the company that goes out of its way to make sure PCs that have no right running modern games, can still run their games is going to overprice their console?

Valve, has always designed around being able to reach the most people -even to the detriment of us with higher spec rigs.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#14kmelaurinegroPosted 9/20/2013 8:01:48 PM
Thewinner14 posted...
Lol at all the hate for the company that redefined PC Gaming, the company MS said they wanted to imitate. Valve isn't stupid, they know what they're customers want and can afford. You really think the company that goes out of its way to make sure PCs that have no right running modern games, can still run their games is going to overprice their console?

Valve, has always designed around being able to reach the most people -even to the detriment of us with higher spec rigs.

Hail valve, lord and savior XD, guys I think we found the very first fanboy for an unannounced system
#15NewMoonShadowPosted 9/20/2013 8:08:21 PM
kmelaurinegro posted...
Thewinner14 posted...

Hail valve, lord and savior XD, guys I think we found the very first fanboy for an unannounced system

You realize Steam is already a thing, right? A thing that has single-handedly changed the way PC gaming happens, and made it possible (and borderline EASY) for non-tech-heads to find and run all kinds of PC games?

If Valve's console really is a PC designed around the Steam software, it could very possibly end up being everything Microsoft WISHES the X-Box One could have been. An all-digital console with enough benefits to make its purchase and use actually WORTH it.
#16TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/20/2013 8:16:55 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
kmelaurinegro posted...
Thewinner14 posted...

You realize Steam is already a thing, right? A thing that has single-handedly changed the way PC gaming happens, and made it possible (and borderline EASY) for non-tech-heads to find and run all kinds of PC games?

If Valve's console really is a PC designed around the Steam software, it could very possibly end up being everything Microsoft WISHES the X-Box One could have been. An all-digital console with enough benefits to make its purchase and use actually WORTH it.

so i can buy a prefab thing to do the thing that my PC already does.

cool. for the millions of steam users, not a good investment. for the millions of non-steam-users, why would they care?
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#17SilentS89Posted 9/20/2013 8:22:25 PM
Seems like the folks around here are scared of more competition for the Xbone.

Valve is a competent company. Far more competent than Microsoft.

It is absurdly premature to write them off at this point.
#18PowerOfTheCloudPosted 9/20/2013 8:25:24 PM
But can you imagine the steambox sales? Especially if it becomes a mainstream console with multiplats? Money in the bank.
---
300,000 servers, one for every player
#19Foxx3kPosted 9/20/2013 8:26:46 PM
PowerOfTheCloud posted...
But can you imagine the steambox sales? Especially if it becomes a mainstream console with multiplats? Money in the bank.

I can't think of any games off the top of my head that are 'console exclusive' that would be coming to SteamBox in a way that they weren't coming to Pc.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#20kyncaniPosted 9/20/2013 8:28:04 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
kmelaurinegro posted...
Thewinner14 posted...

so i can buy a prefab thing to do the thing that my PC already does.

cool. for the millions of steam users, not a good investment. for the millions of non-steam-users, why would they care?

I'm a Steam user and I would buy it if it's good.

Valve also thinks there is a market for it.

But "TheApd_Returns" does not.