Is the industry ready for FOUR CONSOLES? Valve to officially announce it!

#41bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:17:57 PM(edited)
NewMoonShadow posted...
Toxicum_S posted...
bloodlover4ever posted...
it will be as powerful as PC

Very silly phrase,you know.
PC power vary from hardware, and both Xbone\PS4 is power enough to compete modern game-PC`s.

They're roughly mid-road modern gaming PC's. Cutting-edge modern gaming PC's absolutely demolish both consoles.

This. Eurogamer has an article about how Watch Dogs look much better on PC from the released gameplay videos on both devices. PC is still better graphically than consoles which bad IMO. Console producers want to have competitive price that is why is difficult to have a high end PC graphics.
#42The_Mighty_KELPPosted 9/20/2013 11:20:11 PM
I have 4 words and one number that would guarantee whatever console Valve puts out to be a mega success. They are as follows:

Half. Life. 3. System. Exclusive.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#43Spetsnaz420Posted 9/20/2013 11:23:24 PM
This sounds great...Valve is a far better company than MS any day of the week
---
I don't conform to social convention
#44Cowboy082288Posted 9/20/2013 11:28:10 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
So little is actually know about the Steam Box at this point that I think all speculation on what effect it will have in the console market is pointless. That being said; my first impression is this: I already have steam on my PC, so why do I need a console for access to the same thing?

You're not the target market

Care to elaborate?
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#45Reginleif20Posted 9/20/2013 11:37:46 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
So little is actually know about the Steam Box at this point that I think all speculation on what effect it will have in the console market is pointless. That being said; my first impression is this: I already have steam on my PC, so why do I need a console for access to the same thing?

Care to elaborate?

It's for those who don't have Steam
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#46Cowboy082288Posted 9/20/2013 11:47:52 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Care to elaborate?

It's for those who don't have Steam

hmm if thats the case then it's a pretty large chunk of the gamers out there that they are ignoring. A LOT of people have steam. MS and Sony certainly want steam users to also pick their respective consoles up. I will be one of those guys that uses steam but also has a X1 or PS4, have not decided which one yet.

I think it's much more likely that they will try to give current steam users a compelling reason why they should also pick their new console up. I'm just not sure what those reasons could be. That being said maybe they will have a good selling point. Like I said before, so little is known about this system right now it's kinda pointless to speculate on it.
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#47Dersu_UzalaPosted 9/21/2013 12:12:22 AM
A gaming PC designed for TV use isn't the same thing as a console.
#48Cowboy082288Posted 9/21/2013 12:36:25 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
A gaming PC designed for TV use isn't the same thing as a console.

eh depends on how you look at it. In my opionion all these things are computers. Ipad, PS3, PC, Mac, hell even a 3DS is a computer. I mean you could load linux up on your PS3 and use it like a PC. Albeit a very clunky and frustrating pc that crashed a lot :)

This is all symantecs though, for pratical purposes it looks like the steam box will be competing in the console market. Other than people that want to play video games on their TV I don't see what other consumers would be interested in this device. Those are the same people that could potentially buy a Wii U, PS4, or X1. O yeah and a Ouya lol
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#49Arya1Posted 9/21/2013 12:36:50 AM
Gaming PC tend to intimidating to anyone who doesn't have any knowledge with PC, perhaps Steambox is a simplified gaming PC?
#50kratoshammettPosted 9/21/2013 12:42:55 AM
More consoles is good news. But this generation, I only need a PS4.