Looks like MS could sell consoles in Japan after all

#1FusionCPosted 9/20/2013 9:28:58 PM
http://kotaku.com/so-far-titanfall-is-getting-thumbs-up-from-japan-1359751074

Japan is obsessed with mechs, and if these reports are to be believed Titanfall and any sequels very well could be a straight up system seller in the land of the rising sun. A region in which Microsoft has notoriously struggled. MS paying to have this be XB1 console exclusive could pay off in spades.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/20/2013 9:33:31 PM
A competitive FPS game drawing a crowd in Japan?

I never knew Japan liked competitive video games OR first person shooters. This is weird.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3CyberneticRatPosted 9/20/2013 9:34:07 PM
'or even saying they were going to buy an Xbox One because Titanfall was that good.'

That's good that their mecha has been 'accepted' by the Japanese community. They're very picky about these things.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#4FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:34:52 PM
CyberneticRat posted...
'or even saying they were going to buy an Xbox One because Titanfall was that good.'

That's good that their mecha has been 'accepted' by the Japanese community. They're very picky about these things.

Yep, this line right here was the big deal. Japan are So picky about their mecha if it looks good to them they WILL buy it.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#5AwayFromHerePosted 9/20/2013 9:37:01 PM
Or they'll buy it on PC since it will probably come out before the XBOne.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:40:08 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

One, it will launch at the same time. There is NO way MS would let a title like this launch on PC before XB1. Two, Japan is a console market, everything you hear from the japan journalists are about console games, far far less about PC gaming. And Third. I know your simply trolling like 99.9% of every person on this board. But they said they would buy an Xb1 FOR this game. There is no twisting its words. So please just add your name to this sentence "Go........"
---
For the Horde!!!!
#7AwayFromHerePosted 9/20/2013 9:47:49 PM
FusionC posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

One, it will launch at the same time. There is NO way MS would let a title like this launch on PC before XB1. Two, Japan is a console market, everything you hear from the japan journalists are about console games, far far less about PC gaming. And Third. I know your simply trolling like 99.9% of every person on this board. But they said they would buy an Xb1 FOR this game. There is no twisting its words. So please just add your name to this sentence "Go........"

Microsoft doesn't have a say in when it'll come out. They're not publishing it. If EA wants to release the PC version first, they will.

Does XBOne have a Japanese release date yet?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8NatatteruPosted 9/20/2013 9:54:37 PM
Foxx3k posted...
A competitive FPS game drawing a crowd in Japan?

I never knew Japan liked competitive video games OR first person shooters. This is weird.

Yeah, it's not like Japan is the king of fighting games or anything.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#9SilentS89Posted 9/20/2013 9:56:12 PM
I lost it at the first sentence after the link.
#10FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:11:42 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I lost it at the first sentence after the link.

Why? Did I say something funny?
---
For the Horde!!!!