amazon preorder

#1DreamentalPosted 9/20/2013 11:57:01 PM
so i'm late to the party. i've been on team ps4 for months but decided tonight that i want the xbox one instead. i preordered on amazon but it says janurary 3 as my release date. i had a placeholder date with my ps4 too but i'm still kinda worried i won't get my X1 until january.

how many other people have a january 3 delivery date? hopefully over the next month my delivery date slowly creeps up to the launch date. i'm super excited to be on team xbox one now. as soon as my delivery date gets closer to launch i will cancel my ps4 preorder.
#2EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 9/21/2013 12:00:56 AM
Mine says January 2nd.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
NP: GTA V, Xenoblade, SC: Blacklist, SMT IV, BF3 (Awaiting): Xbox One, PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, DR3, KI, Forza 5
#3Dreamental(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 12:03:08 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Mine says January 2nd.

how long ago did you preorder?
#4RyuuHou25Posted 9/21/2013 12:11:31 AM
You know how there was a listing for Day One edition?

You know how that listing says - "Orders are guaranteed to be available on the Release Day of November 22, 2013."

You SEE how the other edition, the standard one, says this - "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date of November 22, 2013 due to high demand."

Do you USE your eyes at all??

Your shipping date isn't likely to change >.>
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#5Dreamental(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 12:17:59 AM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...

You know how that listing says - "Orders are guaranteed to be available on the Release Day of November 22, 2013."

You SEE how the other edition, the standard one, says this - "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date of November 22, 2013 due to high demand."

have you ever heard of placeholder dates? how does amazon know it will have a system for EnVy_CaLiBeR on January 2 and one for me on January 3? There were reports that the X1 was not even completed yet. Even the PS3 held a placeholder date of December 31 for a week after the launch date was announced. Day one editions are guaranteed to come out on day 1, but that doesnt mean there won't be any standard editions available on the same day.

also i've already read some topics where people's delivery date has changed as we get closer to launch and amazon gets more of an idea of how many consoles they can ship out.
#6MrZonePosted 9/21/2013 5:37:26 AM
Dreamental posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

have you ever heard of placeholder dates? how does amazon know it will have a system for EnVy_CaLiBeR on January 2 and one for me on January 3? There were reports that the X1 was not even completed yet. Even the PS3 held a placeholder date of December 31 for a week after the launch date was announced. Day one editions are guaranteed to come out on day 1, but that doesnt mean there won't be any standard editions available on the same day.

also i've already read some topics where people's delivery date has changed as we get closer to launch and amazon gets more of an idea of how many consoles they can ship out.

Not guaranteed for launch is all you need to know.
#7EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 9/21/2013 6:02:47 AM
Preordered August 20th. Was late to preordering as well.

Like you said, it's a placeholder date. They're not going to be completely out of Xbones from November 22nd all the way until January 2nd (or 3rd in your case). Some Day One Editions might turn up as we come closer to launch and they get a better grasp on their inventory following cancellations that will likely occur, etc. A couple of people I know have had their standard edition preorders upgraded to the Day One Edition recently.

You're not guaranteed one day one but I highly doubt we'll be waiting until the beginning of 2014 to get one. They'll get the inventory to get orders taken care of before then especially ones made in August and September (in your case).
---
NP: GTA V, Xenoblade, SC: Blacklist, SMT IV, BF3 (Awaiting): Xbox One, PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, DR3, KI, Forza 5
#8ReezyKunPosted 9/21/2013 6:03:11 AM
They said you should be able to walk into the store and pick one up also, try stores like toysrus and walmart.
---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - Darkninjabozz
3DS-3067-4746-6568 / Twitter.com/sirryuu
#9MrZonePosted 9/21/2013 6:09:06 AM
ReezyKun posted...
They said you should be able to walk into the store and pick one up also, try stores like toysrus and walmart.

If that actually happens, XB1 is in bad shape.
#10EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 9/21/2013 6:13:33 AM
MrZone posted...
ReezyKun posted...

If that actually happens, XB1 is in bad shape.

lol

It'll likely be that way with both systems. You could walk in and buy a Wii U at launch last holiday and the Wii U sold extremely well during it's launch.
---