amazon preorder

#11MrZonePosted 9/21/2013 6:19:49 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MrZone posted...
ReezyKun posted...
They said you should be able to walk into the store and pick one up also, try stores like toysrus and walmart.

If that actually happens, XB1 is in bad shape.

lol

It'll likely be that way with both systems. You could walk in and buy a Wii U at launch last holiday and the Wii U sold extremely well during it's launch.

I halfway expect that for the PS4, only because I expect them to hit 25% of their goal....which is still a lot of units for a launch.

As for the One, I honestly don't think MS is ready for this launch to have it readily available like many are claiming.
#12Dreamental(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 8:26:34 AM
ReezyKun posted...
They said you should be able to walk into the store and pick one up also, try stores like toysrus and walmart.

That's good to know. I'm going to stop by Target and Best buy today and see if they have any launch editions available for preorder.
#13RyuuHou25Posted 9/21/2013 10:16:44 AM
Dreamental posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
You know how there was a listing for Day One edition?

You know how that listing says - "Orders are guaranteed to be available on the Release Day of November 22, 2013."

You SEE how the other edition, the standard one, says this - "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date of November 22, 2013 due to high demand."

Do you USE your eyes at all??

Your shipping date isn't likely to change >.>

have you ever heard of placeholder dates? how does amazon know it will have a system for EnVy_CaLiBeR on January 2 and one for me on January 3? There were reports that the X1 was not even completed yet. Even the PS3 held a placeholder date of December 31 for a week after the launch date was announced. Day one editions are guaranteed to come out on day 1, but that doesnt mean there won't be any standard editions available on the same day.

also i've already read some topics where people's delivery date has changed as we get closer to launch and amazon gets more of an idea of how many consoles they can ship out.

So that's a no then, you don't use them. Okay!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#14RyuuHou25Posted 9/21/2013 10:22:22 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MrZone posted...
ReezyKun posted...

If that actually happens, XB1 is in bad shape.

lol

It'll likely be that way with both systems. You could walk in and buy a Wii U at launch last holiday and the Wii U sold extremely well during it's launch.

There were some places you could walk in and find it, this was not the norm though. My city, for example, it wasn't until after christmas that you could find it everywhere. And then you could find it wherever you damn well wanted, no problem.

People really should not put their faith in statements that include the word ~should~ though >.> That simply means that is what they would like to happen, best case scenario. Which means the chances of it actually occurring are slim to none. About the same odds as you getting hit by lightning.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#15MrImpatient35Posted 9/21/2013 10:27:12 AM
My delivery date says November 22, but that's prolly cause I pre-ordered a week after E3 2013. I pre-ordered just in case I wanted it. I wasn't sure back then, but I am now.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#16CapnStankyPosted 9/21/2013 10:46:44 AM
Microsoft store still has day one editions. That's about the only place that guarantees a launch unit. Amazon has been sold out for months.
#17Dreamental(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 5:55:11 PM
i called target and they still had day one editions for preorder, so i went in and got one. if anyone is looking for a day one edition xbox one, give a call to your local targets and you might get one.
#18Laylow12Posted 9/21/2013 6:21:44 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
You know how there was a listing for Day One edition?

You know how that listing says - "Orders are guaranteed to be available on the Release Day of November 22, 2013."

You SEE how the other edition, the standard one, says this - "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date of November 22, 2013 due to high demand."

Do you USE your eyes at all??

Your shipping date isn't likely to change >.>

The XBOTS have started to destroy themselves now.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#19CrimsonCorpPosted 9/21/2013 6:29:44 PM
I want an Xbox one more than a PS4 on launch, yet I have a PS4 preorder that's coming Nov 15 and X1 coming on Jan. 2 (estimate of course)

Man I wish you could swap preorders on Amazon. I may have to go PS4 first this gen, and get the X1 much later on (College student here, I ain't rich)
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#20Dreamental(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 8:41:32 PM(edited)
CrimsonCorp posted...
I want an Xbox one more than a PS4 on launch, yet I have a PS4 preorder that's coming Nov 15 and X1 coming on Jan. 2 (estimate of course)

Man I wish you could swap preorders on Amazon. I may have to go PS4 first this gen, and get the X1 much later on (College student here, I ain't rich)

i am a college student, too and that was originally my plan. i decided to make the switch because the only ps4 exlusive game i was really interested in was infamous second son, but i am even more interested in playing titanfall and i don't want to wait a year to see if a ps4 version will be made. i also have a lot more friends on xbox live than i do on psn and the 360 -> X1 disc upgrades that best buy is offering are interesting to me.

i also like the 360 controller over the ps3 controller so i think that's going to be a big deal for me in the next gen too. i can't get a high kdr in cod: ghosts if i don't feel comfortable with my controller!

if you truly want an X1 more than the PS4 then do what I did and call up Target. you might be surprised that they could have some day one editions for you to preorder.