Both PS4 eye and Kinect 2 have facial recognition.

#1181stCommanderPosted 9/21/2013 12:01:09 AM
What if they use this feature to recognize our face and create a character in games that let us customize our character face like Dragon Age and Fallout and make it look like us? That would be badass.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#2RayconPosted 9/21/2013 12:03:47 AM
I don't quite understand why anyone would WANT to impress their likeness into a game. I like to think I'm pretty attractive, but I play games to live in someone else's shoes, not put me in theirs. The last thing I want to do is stifle an opportunity for imagination.

But eh, whatever.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#3PsychoGatesPosted 9/21/2013 12:05:00 AM
yes im sure games will utilize this, more so X1 games due to developers knowing each X1 has a kinect.

hell, Kinect sports rivals is actually already doing it in its demos
#4181stCommander(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 12:06:49 AM
Raycon posted...
I don't quite understand why anyone would WANT to impress their likeness into a game. I like to think I'm pretty attractive, but I play games to live in someone else's shoes, not put me in theirs. The last thing I want to do is stifle an opportunity for imagination.

But eh, whatever.

When I play games that let me create my own character and story I like to think that's me in another universe or something. So making the character look like me would be great.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#5regsantotomasPosted 9/21/2013 12:13:08 AM
I think that this technology will extend what was already done on games like Rainbow Six and a few EA sports games this generation that allowed you to use your own likeness.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#62ndAtomiskPosted 9/21/2013 12:42:30 AM
181stCommander posted...
What if they use this feature to recognize our face and create a character in games that let us customize our character face like Dragon Age and Fallout and make it look like us? That would be badass.

Fight Night and Fifa already do this.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#7yanksfan4247Posted 9/21/2013 3:57:23 AM
Raycon posted...

But eh, whatever.

Pfft, I put my face on Fight Night as fast as I could. And I'd put my face on my Oblivion character if I could.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#8BrownGottiPosted 9/21/2013 4:17:53 AM
This feature has been apart of the 360 for years.
#9IloveElitePosted 9/21/2013 4:49:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 4:57:31 AM
If PSEye is able of doing facial recognition and voice commands, what is to stop devs from just copying those functions over from Kinect2.0?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.