Both PS4 eye and Kinect 2 have facial recognition.

#21straymatterPosted 9/21/2013 5:09:23 PM
A lot of people aren't interested in the kinect right now and some are tearing it down and say things that aren't even true.
The Kinect is a 3d motion capture device, you can essentially map your motion, speech and expression to any 3d character,
you can build your own animated movies and video games, it is great tool for developers, to create motion caps and animations etc.
Being a part of the Xbox One will allow this technology to advance faster than anything before.
With kinect available to indies and the console itself being a devkit, we will see things that we have never imagined for it.
#22Shik_stickPosted 9/21/2013 7:03:43 PM
straymatter posted...
A lot of people aren't interested in the kinect right now and some are tearing it down and say things that aren't even true.
The Kinect is a 3d motion capture device, you can essentially map your motion, speech and expression to any 3d character,
you can build your own animated movies and video games, it is great tool for developers, to create motion caps and animations etc.
Being a part of the Xbox One will allow this technology to advance faster than anything before.
With kinect available to indies and the console itself being a devkit, we will see things that we have never imagined for it.

And like I said, take that away and Xbone has nothing at all going for it.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#23zmd22Posted 9/21/2013 7:04:25 PM
Shik_stick posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I don't see why anyone would mention the PS4 eye, when the rhetoric around here would tell me that NOBODY is gonna buy it.

The main difference is that the Kinect is forced on you and comes with a lot of extra BS that nobody wants. Also if you take away the kinect the Xbone has pretty much nothing going for it except being a cable box. The PS Camera can do the same stuff as Kinect-minus the Snap function as far as we know-and is entirely optional. If you dont have it you dont miss out on anything as the PS4 is still a great system. The same is not true for Xbone.

This is the main reasone Xbone is failing, Microsoft bet everything on Kinect and not a lot of people want it. Why do you think the pre-orders went up after they said Kinect was no longer mandatory?

Yeah right. LMAO I bet you will be the first in line to get an eye. lol You obviously don't know or care about the features of the Xbox one. Or maybe you wont miss them because you are ignorant of them. LOL
#24Shik_stickPosted 9/21/2013 7:11:22 PM
zmd22 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I don't see why anyone would mention the PS4 eye, when the rhetoric around here would tell me that NOBODY is gonna buy it.

The main difference is that the Kinect is forced on you and comes with a lot of extra BS that nobody wants. Also if you take away the kinect the Xbone has pretty much nothing going for it except being a cable box. The PS Camera can do the same stuff as Kinect-minus the Snap function as far as we know-and is entirely optional. If you dont have it you dont miss out on anything as the PS4 is still a great system. The same is not true for Xbone.

This is the main reasone Xbone is failing, Microsoft bet everything on Kinect and not a lot of people want it. Why do you think the pre-orders went up after they said Kinect was no longer mandatory?

Yeah right. LMAO I bet you will be the first in line to get an eye. lol You obviously don't know or care about the features of the Xbox one. Or maybe you wont miss them because you are ignorant of them. LOL

Ok am getting the PS a,era, but that has nothing to do with the point I made. Go back and read it again yeah? I don know what both systems are offering and stand by my previous statement. Care to tell me what else the Xbone has going for it without Kinect, besides the HDMI pass through?

Or maybe you haven't already because there is nothing...
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#25zmd22Posted 9/21/2013 7:58:41 PM
Shik_stick posted...
zmd22 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Ok am getting the PS a,era, but that has nothing to do with the point I made. Go back and read it again yeah? I don know what both systems are offering and stand by my previous statement. Care to tell me what else the Xbone has going for it without Kinect, besides the HDMI pass through?

Or maybe you haven't already because there is nothing...

Sure.

1. Wifi direct controller
2. Smart match
3. Reputation system to filter out trolls
4. Dead silent. (under normal cond.)
5. Two wifi direct radios
6. Smartglass app (also uses wifi direct to lower latency)
7. Cloud gaming. 300,000 servers. (available now not next year.)

I know there are more but just off the top of my head. I know from the other thread that this is only important if YOU want them or will use them, But, they are still features that the PS4 may not offer.
There are no creditable sources that say the Xbox One won't have great graphics. They say it isn't as powerful as the PS4 but stop short of saying it won't have graphics that will rival the PS4's. If you think I'm wrong, please provide links.

I believe the reason MS is including the Kinect is they have made a console with a life expectancy of 8 years or more. They feel that voice control is going to invade more and more of our life and will be common place in a few years and they want to be ready. If you do a Google search you will find a lot of info on voice control and it's integration into everyday items. Speaking of Google. Google is betting a ton on Google glass. It use's voice control. Not trying to convince you, just an interesting topic.

Maybe you can answer this question. I think most Xbox fans here don't dispute that the PS4 is a great console system. But PS4 fans say the Xbox One is bad. Why is that? Why does it matter to you so much? You are not buying one. :)
#26181stCommander(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 1:54:21 PM
"Thanks for the feedback,______! We'll be sure to pass it along to the dev team."
-Bioware
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#27Satchmo25Posted 9/23/2013 2:38:01 PM
You take away the kinect and the X1 still does a lot more things the PS4 can't do, that's not a good thing in PS4's favor, just makes the system look even more like PS3.1
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#28MetroidFan9999Posted 9/23/2013 2:40:40 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
You take away the kinect and the X1 still does a lot more things the PS4 can't do, that's not a good thing in PS4's favor, just makes the system look even more like PS3.1

Nice reassurance man, LOL.

"Oh PS4 has a kinect feature? Well who cares, take away kinect and Xbone is still better! I can't list reasons but it is! Bwaaaaa!"

Hilarious!
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#29zmd22Posted 9/23/2013 5:40:48 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

"Oh PS4 has a kinect feature? Well who cares, take away kinect and Xbone is still better! I can't list reasons but it is! Bwaaaaa!"

Hilarious!

List 5 things that the PS4 can do that the Xbox one can't. Simple et you can't list 3. lol
#30181stCommander(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:47:19 PM
zmd22 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

Hilarious!

List 5 things that the PS4 can do that the Xbox one can't. Simple et you can't list 3. lol

How are these posts relevant to the topic?
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet