How often do you buy 3 month cards?

#11Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 3:24:39 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
A few months ago I purchased 4 years of live for $30 a piece. Anyone that pays full price is dumb.

Which is why I hate when people argue that PS+ is cheaper than XBL. Me and my brother share a PS+ account because we don't play it that often but wanted some of the games offered. I've never seen a year go for less than $40 before despite all my searching. If you're comparing full retail price you're just not living in reality.

I'm not saying anything about XBL vs PS+. I'm saying the 3 month cards are dumb and want to know who is actually buying the things.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#12LadyGagaMafiaPosted 9/21/2013 3:29:29 PM
I bought a 3 month card for GTA Online. It's a ripoff at $25 (mine was $20 on eBay...still a ripoff).

I didn't want to buy a 12 month card since I don't plan on playing my xbox 360 online after this November/December. I think I will be done playing GTA Online by the time the 3 month subscription ends.

In the past I just signed up for the $1 for 1 month deals when there was a game I wanted to play online. MS stopped those promotions though.
#13jarrett619Posted 9/21/2013 3:45:47 PM
I personally only buy 12 months myself but I have two friends who pay by the month x_x
#14Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 3:52:37 PM(edited)
jarrett619 posted...
I personally only buy 12 months myself but I have two friends who pay by the month x_x

pay by the month? I didn't even know that was a option. How much is that?

$10 a month?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#15JohnWall32Posted 9/21/2013 6:08:41 PM
I buy em...last time I had a yearly membership I lost my account forever...no one could even tell me why...was pretty pathetic and I'm never buying a year at one time again.
#16KID VIDPosted 9/21/2013 8:20:24 PM
Does anyone know when the Xbox One Day One card comes out? My gold expires next month and I'm trying to hold off until November to get that special edition card for the Shadow Jago costume for Killer Instinct.
I don't want my gold to expire, but I also don't want to buy two 12-month cards (regular, to hold me over until November, and Day One for Shadow Jago). Do they sell 1-month cards?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD