Why are PC gamers so mad?

#1_DevilBob_Posted 9/21/2013 8:22:02 AM
I see a lot of topics where they talk about how much better their games do or will look on PC, and it's like yeah ok sure, no one is disputing that for the most part the graphics on a good PC can beat even next gen systems in some cases, but I mean....PC gaming is dead. I mean it is just dead in the water. So maybe Battlefield 4 and Ghost will look great on PC, congrats. But they aren't going to be able to play any of the next gen exclusives if they cleave to PC only. Besides better graphics on multiplatform games....what else do PC gamers have to be proud about? It's like, don't bash consoles when every other article I read these days is about how PC gaming is in steep decline.

Kinda like saying, "I love my gold plated toilet seat. It is prettier than yours even though they have the same functionality." I dunno, it's just sad to see them being so bitter about next gen even as their lifeblood drains away. I feel like I am just nodding and smiling like someone would do to a kindly old person in a nursing home babbling inanely while the entropy of time claims their sad, tired souls. You just kind of sit there and take it because arguing with them would probably kill them, so instead you just let them drift away into death all by themselves while you hold their hand and talk on your phone making funeral arrangements and telling friends and family to prepare themselves for the worst.
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#2The_DarkwalkerPosted 9/21/2013 8:26:43 AM
_DevilBob_ posted...
I see a lot of topics where they talk about how much better their games do or will look on PC, and it's like yeah ok sure, no one is disputing that for the most part the graphics on a good PC can beat even next gen systems in some cases, but I mean....PC gaming is dead. I mean it is just dead in the water. So maybe Battlefield 4 and Ghost will look great on PC, congrats. But they aren't going to be able to play any of the next gen exclusives if they cleave to PC only. Besides better graphics on multiplatform games....what else do PC gamers have to be proud about? It's like, don't bash consoles when every other article I read these days is about how PC gaming is in steep decline.

Kinda like saying, "I love my gold plated toilet seat. It is prettier than yours even though they have the same functionality." I dunno, it's just sad to see them being so bitter about next gen even as their lifeblood drains away. I feel like I am just nodding and smiling like someone would do to a kindly old person in a nursing home babbling inanely while the entropy of time claims their sad, tired souls. You just kind of sit there and take it because arguing with them would probably kill them, so instead you just let them drift away into death all by themselves while you hold their hand and talk on your phone making funeral arrangements and telling friends and family to prepare themselves for the worst.

Lol, it's because it's the ONE thing PC gamers have to hold on to that is better than consoles. Since that's all they have they cling to it and spew their "Master Race" dogma like mantra on a loop.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#3Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 8:27:36 AM
PC gaming isn't dead, it just isn't tracked the same way as console games. We have no idea how many PC titles are sold because digital distribution sites aren't counted.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#4The_DarkwalkerPosted 9/21/2013 8:35:40 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
PC gaming isn't dead, it just isn't tracked the same way as console games. We have no idea how many PC titles are sold because digital distribution sites aren't counted.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/pc-sales-suffering-longest-decline-in-history

I guess you can point and laugh and say, "LOL, IGN!" But the data is from a decently respected research firm. A quick Google search will turn up many more studies and articles like this. I suppose one could then say, "LOL, Internet! Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?" But then it just starts smelling like denial.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 8:43:03 AM
The_Darkwalker posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/pc-sales-suffering-longest-decline-in-history

I guess you can point and laugh and say, "LOL, IGN!" But the data is from a decently respected research firm. A quick Google search will turn up many more studies and articles like this. I suppose one could then say, "LOL, Internet! Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?" But then it just starts smelling like denial.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/why-pc-gaming-has-exploded

mine is newer
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6reincarnator07Posted 9/21/2013 9:00:46 AM
The_Darkwalker posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Desktop sales are down for multiple reasons. Hardware doesn't become dated nearly as fast as it used to. More people are building their own. Casual users are perfectly fine with using a phone or tablet for what they need.

I'll also point out that PC dwarfs all the other platforms in terms of exclusives coming out and is slowly getting more "console exclusives" released on it. The number of users on Steam, Origin, uPlay and other such stores continues to rise. LoL is one of the most popular games in the world and pretty much dwarfs everything apart from crap like Farmville. We have genres that flat out don't exist on consoles, usually due to inadequate controls or hardware limitations. The crazy sales on stores like Steam and GoG actually make it cheaper to game on PC over time (or at the very least pays for upgrades and peripherals). Better graphics are just the cherry on top of a delicious cake.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 9/21/2013 9:34:49 AM
pc sales =/= pc game sales. prebuilt pc's are falling in favor of tablets and smartphones for normal usage. people who want to game on pc's generally build their own or play stuff that will work on their tablets, laptops ect. PC game sales last year hit 20billion with no sign of stopping and steam continues to grow by about 500k-1million average users each year (6 million online right now).

as for what pc also has available outside of visual enhancements? Well...
mods
higher performance
more dedicated servers with longer lasting communities
large choice of peripherals
more frequent and better sales with better preorder incentives
cheaper games (most of the time)
full BC
more exclusives
faster patches and developer support
higher chances of free dlc
emulating
general multitasking...cause its also a pc.

its also starting to get to the point where you have more and more genres and types of games starting to show up on pc that never or rarely have before such as fighting games(SF4, KoF13, SFxTekken), action-adventures (DMC, LoS, MG: Rising) and jrpg's (Ys, Trails in the sky, Last Remnant, Argarest and potentially other xSeed games. also with sega acquiring Atlus it can potentially lead to more jrpg's coming to pc since sega has been killing it with their sonic and rts support). Plus with console architecture being more similar to pc this can also make pc porting more easier. The future is looking quite bright for pc.
---
Currently playing: Shadow Warrior Redux - Parasite Eve 2
#8hotgamerPosted 9/21/2013 9:42:02 AM(edited)
PC elitists says games are cheaper on PC, but everything they save on games, they pay even more than what they save to keep their machine upgraded.

PC have no exclusives, mods are completely stupid.

In the first year of the PS4 and X1 release, game will look just as good on PS4 and X1 as they do on PC.

Also, Performance is overrated, which is proven by the fact PC gaming is in decline.

I see no points in paying for games on PC. Convince me to buy anything when piracy is so ridiclously easy on it.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#9lilj812Posted 9/21/2013 9:42:44 AM
hotgamer posted...
PC elitists says games are cheaper on PC, but everything they save on games, they pay even more than what they save to keep their machine upgraded.

PC have no exclusives, mods are completely stupid.

In the first year of the PS4 and X1 release, game will look just as good on PS4 and X1 as they do on PC.

Also, Performance is overrated, which is proven by the fact PC gaming is in decline.

I see no points in paying for games on PC. Convince me to buy anything when piracy is so ridiclously easy on it.

Some people never upgrade and never have a need to.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#10chrish909Posted 9/21/2013 9:43:32 AM
With the way gaming is going. Its quite likely pc versions of games will probably cease soon.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.