Why are PC gamers so mad?

#11DionysusPosted 9/21/2013 8:43:52 AM
It's not so much that we are mad at you. We're just disappointed. It's like how a parent feels toward a child that does something foolish.
#12JusticeSwordPosted 9/21/2013 8:51:26 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
pc sales =/= pc game sales. prebuilt pc's are falling in favor of tablets and smartphones for normal usage. people who want to game on pc's generally build their own or play stuff that will work on their tablets, laptops ect. PC game sales last year hit 20billion with no sign of stopping and steam continues to grow by about 500k-1million average users each year (6 million online right now).

as for what pc also has available outside of visual enhancements? Well...
mods
higher performance
more dedicated servers with longer lasting communities
large choice of peripherals
more frequent and better sales with better preorder incentives
cheaper games (most of the time)
full BC
more exclusives
faster patches and developer support
higher chances of free dlc
emulating
general multitasking...cause its also a pc.

its also starting to get to the point where you have more and more genres and types of games starting to show up on pc that never or rarely have before such as fighting games(SF4, KoF13, SFxTekken), action-adventures (DMC, LoS, MG: Rising) and jrpg's (Ys, Trails in the sky, Last Remnant, Argarest and potentially other xSeed games. also with sega acquiring Atlus it can potentially lead to more jrpg's coming to pc since sega has been killing it with their sonic and rts support). Plus with console architecture being more similar to pc this can also make pc porting more easier. The future is looking quite bright for pc.

PC is obviously the holder of many advantages, which begs the question;

Why do PC elitists constantly feel the need to say its better?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 9/21/2013 8:55:26 AM
JusticeSword posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
pc sales =/= pc game sales. prebuilt pc's are falling in favor of tablets and smartphones for normal usage. people who want to game on pc's generally build their own or play stuff that will work on their tablets, laptops ect. PC game sales last year hit 20billion with no sign of stopping and steam continues to grow by about 500k-1million average users each year (6 million online right now).

as for what pc also has available outside of visual enhancements? Well...
mods
higher performance
more dedicated servers with longer lasting communities
large choice of peripherals
more frequent and better sales with better preorder incentives
cheaper games (most of the time)
full BC
more exclusives
faster patches and developer support
higher chances of free dlc
emulating
general multitasking...cause its also a pc.

its also starting to get to the point where you have more and more genres and types of games starting to show up on pc that never or rarely have before such as fighting games(SF4, KoF13, SFxTekken), action-adventures (DMC, LoS, MG: Rising) and jrpg's (Ys, Trails in the sky, Last Remnant, Argarest and potentially other xSeed games. also with sega acquiring Atlus it can potentially lead to more jrpg's coming to pc since sega has been killing it with their sonic and rts support). Plus with console architecture being more similar to pc this can also make pc porting more easier. The future is looking quite bright for pc.

the same reason xbots want to argue real Facts and Statistics with opinion

but
pc is better.........they have the best platform
mods make it untouchable.......and steam
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#14NeoAndurilPosted 9/21/2013 8:57:37 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
the same reason xbots want to argue real Facts and Statistics with opinion

No the xb1 trolls just want to use lies and misdirection to troll constantly. I don't believe that they are drinking their own kool aid.

But then I don't have a high opinion for their intelligence levels anyway...so yeah
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#15RedEnsignPosted 9/21/2013 8:57:40 AM
chrish909 posted...
With the way gaming is going. Its quite likely pc versions of games will probably cease soon.

Do people even bother to read a thread before making a foolish assumption that's already been debunked further up in the thread?

Orange_Apples posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/why-pc-gaming-has-exploded

mine is newer

---
GameFAQS. The world wide leader in intellectual gaming conversation................SAID NO ONE EVER!!!!
#16EpeenWeabooPosted 9/21/2013 8:57:49 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
The_Darkwalker posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
PC gaming isn't dead, it just isn't tracked the same way as console games. We have no idea how many PC titles are sold because digital distribution sites aren't counted.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/pc-sales-suffering-longest-decline-in-history

I guess you can point and laugh and say, "LOL, IGN!" But the data is from a decently respected research firm. A quick Google search will turn up many more studies and articles like this. I suppose one could then say, "LOL, Internet! Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?" But then it just starts smelling like denial.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/why-pc-gaming-has-exploded

mine is newer

ok I will be the one to say....LOL IGN! seriously, two people manage to find to completely conflicting articles from the same site that are just a few months apart. honestly, does anyone REALLY think that the the pc industry died out....and then COMPLETELY recovered in just months.

No. IGN really is a joke and grow people should know not to ever trust anything they write. as far as what the internet says, anyone can find any article to support whatever they want because the internet is full of misinformation. sites just want you to click their link for ad revenue, and they will write anything to get it. "PC is in decline!" "No wait, it's exploding!"

guys, c'mon. don't get played.
---
Come at me, bro!
#17NeoAndurilPosted 9/21/2013 9:00:40 AM
RedEnsign posted...

Do people even bother to read a thread before making a foolish assumption that's already been debunked further up in the thread?

chrish is a bitter xb1 troll. His only goal is to s*** on anyone not kissing the ass of ms. So if that means making ridiculous statements and showing incredible ignorance, then no he won't be bothering to read anything before he makes his foolish comments.
---
#18BkzIzuPosted 9/21/2013 9:02:40 AM
They have the worst exclusives, LOL
#19AvirosbPosted 9/21/2013 9:03:01 AM
JusticeSword posted...

Prolly for the same reasons people feel the need to call the Wii U inferior.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#20NeoAndurilPosted 9/21/2013 9:03:38 AM
You people are using the word "need" wrong.
---