Why are PC gamers so mad?

#101mjc0961Posted 9/21/2013 6:49:13 PM
_DevilBob_ posted...
Kinda like saying, "I love my gold plated toilet seat. It is prettier than yours even though they have the same functionality."

Except not really because PCs have plenty of functionality that consoles don't. Much quicker official patches and free mods, for example.

What I find really sad is console fanboys like you coming up with garbage like this to try and counter the PC fanboys. At least they have a point, you have nothing but a complete misunderstanding of the differences between platforms.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#102TheZeldaFanPosted 9/21/2013 7:32:26 PM
Basically TC, PC gamers are conceited humans who do nothing but complain about things they hate without reason. On the other hand, console gamers are children who laugh at PC gamers over stuff (platform exclusives, hardware rigs, control style, etc.) that's actually really petty.

So really, it's a long, unnecessary Skub war without end.
---
I made this name when I was a loser with no life. I wish I could change my name. ~gamecubeplayer
#103macmahon187Posted 9/21/2013 7:54:36 PM
TheZeldaFan posted...
Basically TC, PC gamers are conceited humans who do nothing but complain about things they hate without reason. On the other hand, console gamers are children who laugh at PC gamers over stuff (platform exclusives, hardware rigs, control style, etc.) that's actually really petty.

So really, it's a long, unnecessary Skub war without end.

This is mostly true in regards to how each group acts. Myself for instance am a die hard fan of video games for 28 years now. I've owned every system at some point minus an OG Xbox. As of now I favor my PC above all else.

I started PC back in 2000 and only played a hand full of my PS2 and GameCube (good exclusives) games back then. Although back then PC had games that were new and incredible to me at the time compared to what consoles could do. Then came the x360 and being defensive like most gamers can be I trashed it at first. But being a huge halo PC fan I got a 360 in April of 07'.
Didn't really touch my PC for 3 years. But the gap began to widen by a pretty large margin as well as the changes to Microsoft's marketing strategies. I loved and will always love the original blade GUI of the 360. Then it started looking like a da*m windows tablet with buttons everywhere. It became more about sports and motion gaming and everything else that I didn't want shoved down my throat. Yeah I could of ignored it but I missed how the 360 used to make me feel like the most important thing was games. So I was pretty big fanboy always making fun of my buddies ps3 but now I realize I have no brand loyalty only want the best experience I can get. And that is with my PC.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#104Jerba1232Posted 9/21/2013 8:05:00 PM
Developers simply lost interest in releasing on PC. Rockstar can come out with a record breaking media release without the PC being a factor.
---
I'm bringing the smackdown - Jack Nicholson
#105SirerdrickPosted 9/21/2013 8:08:09 PM
What do PC gamers even have to be mad about?
You can generally always get the same game that is on consoles for PC at a markedly cheaper price.
Add in that resolutions and frame rates on PCs are only limited by the hardwarYe you own, and it gets pretty clear why people prefer to game on them.
120hz 1440p on a 27" running at 60+ FPS looks pretty dang amazing.
It is not possible to duplicate that, even on the new PS4 or XBone.

Me though?
I'll keep my Wii U, PS4, and PC and enjoy gaming on all three.
Heck, I even play games on my iPad (gasp!)
#106ArthasRebornPosted 9/21/2013 8:09:14 PM
Do people seriously think mods for games are "completely stupid"?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#107Reginleif20Posted 9/21/2013 8:15:14 PM
_DevilBob_ posted...
I see a lot of topics where they talk about how much better their games do or will look on PC, and it's like yeah ok sure, no one is disputing that for the most part the graphics on a good PC can beat even next gen systems in some cases, but I mean....PC gaming is dead. I mean it is just dead in the water. So maybe Battlefield 4 and Ghost will look great on PC, congrats. But they aren't going to be able to play any of the next gen exclusives if they cleave to PC only. Besides better graphics on multiplatform games....what else do PC gamers have to be proud about? It's like, don't bash consoles when every other article I read these days is about how PC gaming is in steep decline.

Kinda like saying, "I love my gold plated toilet seat. It is prettier than yours even though they have the same functionality." I dunno, it's just sad to see them being so bitter about next gen even as their lifeblood drains away. I feel like I am just nodding and smiling like someone would do to a kindly old person in a nursing home babbling inanely while the entropy of time claims their sad, tired souls. You just kind of sit there and take it because arguing with them would probably kill them, so instead you just let them drift away into death all by themselves while you hold their hand and talk on your phone making funeral arrangements and telling friends and family to prepare themselves for the worst.

lol master race
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#108BaneCapitalPosted 9/21/2013 8:19:31 PM
Sirerdrick posted...
You can generally always get the same game that is on consoles for PC at a markedly cheaper price.
Add in that resolutions and frame rates on PCs are only limited by the hardwarYe you own, and it gets pretty clear why people prefer to game on them.

Me though?

I game through PC and i'm happy.

a month ago I built my first PC. What I love is that I have complete and absolute control over everything I want to do or play, hence PCs being superior.
---
ASUS M5A78L-M | AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz | 8GB Ripjaws X | XFX R7850 1GB GDDR5 | 1TB WD HDD | Win 7 Home Pre. Get a PC
#109Reginleif20Posted 9/21/2013 8:52:49 PM
BaneCapital posted...
Sirerdrick posted...

Me though?

I game through PC and i'm happy.

a month ago I built my first PC. What I love is that I have complete and absolute control over everything I want to do or play, hence PCs being superior.

Can you play console exclusives?
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#110Thewinner14Posted 9/21/2013 9:14:56 PM
The more i think aboit it the more this topc is like the android vs iPhone debate.

Do you want a phone that takes no thought to use, works out of the box, but traps you in a walled garden? Or a phone that is infinitely customizable, at the cost of requiring some thought, and encountering possible bugs/glitches. Likewise is it for console vs pc.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956