Timed Exclusives

#1Bryant187Posted 9/21/2013 9:44:47 AM
Why is it that Sony Fans argue that Dead Rising 3 is a timed exclusive because its capcom but refuse that Deep Down could come to Xbox even though its capcom.
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.
#2bessy67Posted 9/21/2013 9:45:10 AM
Because fanboy logic.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3pigman2003Posted 9/21/2013 9:48:22 AM
Every game's a timed exclusive because nothing is stopping you from buying the other console, except maybe your parents.

Everyone like to believe games are timed exclusives because they think it somehow diminishes the console it's originally on, but the fact is that unless the developer states it, nobody know if it is a timed exclusive or not, unless it's first party.
#4Bryant187(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 9:51:22 AM
pigman2003 posted...
Every game's a timed exclusive because nothing is stopping you from buying the other console, except maybe your parents.

Everyone like to believe games are timed exclusives because they think it somehow diminishes the console it's originally on, but the fact is that unless the developer states it, nobody know if it is a timed exclusive or not, unless it's first party.

True, I have xbox one preordered andill get a ps4 next year so regardless Ill be able to play what I want. It just annoys me with their logic.
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.
#5SoulTrapperPosted 9/21/2013 10:04:17 AM
I haven't seen anyone arguing that in quite some time.

I think everyone is aware that with Capcom involved, it's more than likely both are going to be released on both systems eventually.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#6shotgunheadshotPosted 9/21/2013 10:13:23 AM(edited)
Every game should be exclusive. I think it's stupid tht companies share the same games. The only difference is the controller in your hand. Nintendo is the only company that had a fair share of its own exclusive games. Sony Microsoft should stop copying each other IMO. I dont give a crap ifgame companies want to maximize profits. It just look stupid sharing the same games.
#7DelRowePosted 9/21/2013 10:41:22 AM
shotgunheadshot posted...
Every game should be exclusive. I think it's stupid tht companies share the same games. The only difference is the controller in your hand. Nintendo is the only company that had a fair share of its own exclusive games. Sony Microsoft should stop copying each other IMO. I dont give a crap ifgame companies want to maximize profits. It just look stupid sharing the same games.

It's the 3rd party's decision to put their games on both systems. What are Sony and MS supposed to do? Decline because it's on the other system? LMAO.
---
You are not in control.
#8Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 11:00:32 AM
It's because or the Panta Rhei engine which is designed specifically for PS4. As of now we have no idea how Panta Rhei runs on anything else.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#9crazyman32Posted 9/22/2013 1:21:31 AM
Bryant187 posted...
Why is it that Sony Fans argue that Dead Rising 3 is a timed exclusive because its capcom but refuse that Deep Down could come to Xbox even though its capcom.

Sony is helping with the making of Deep Down so,it's very unlikely it will come to the XB1.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#10ScaryLlamaPosted 9/22/2013 1:25:22 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
It's because or the Panta Rhei engine which is designed specifically for PS4. As of now we have no idea how Panta Rhei runs on anything else.

Well, this, and Capcom has outright said Deep Down is NOT coming to the X1, but has not done the same for DR3. And with their financial situation, DR3 being exclusive is quite surprising, but MS is probably throwing money at them, probably just like Sony is for DD, albeit less because of what DD is. Expect DR3 to come to the PS4 in 6-12 months, assuming they are still in business.
---
PSN: ScaryLlama
Steam: ScaryLlama