TGS: Three Reasons Why Dead Rising 3 Won Me Over

#1zerooo0Posted 9/21/2013 11:05:06 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/21/tgs-three-reasons-why-dead-rising-3-won-me-over

I'm glad to see they got the FPS fixed at a solid 30. If I wasn't getting Forza 5 this would be my 3rd game. Oh well, I will pick it up around Christmas when I get more cash.

Don't want to get all of the X1 games at release just in case we go through a drought like the Wii U. It's best to space out the games with the 3 big ones you want at release and pick the others up down the road if we have a drought or none of the other games interest ya.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/21/2013 11:08:19 AM
I just want to know - Is the combat interesting now?

I loved Dead Rising when it came out. But looking back, I think I forgave it for a lot of gameplay mechanics because the idea was so strong.
When Dead Rising 2 came out ... I find it mind numblingly boring that the combat consisted of nothing more than "press X". And even at that, it felt kind of sluggish for a lot of very little reasons.

Will Dead Rising 3 liven up the combat? Will it bring fluidity to the game?

Also - Does Dead Rising 3 even have survivors? I haven't seen them ever and the plot of the game doesn't even sound like it gives room for them ... but Survivors ARE Dead Rising.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3MetalZoicPosted 9/21/2013 11:09:49 AM
1. Monkeys

2. Flaming chainsaws

3. Naked chicks
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:21:51 AM
Foxx3k posted...
I just want to know - Is the combat interesting now?

I loved Dead Rising when it came out. But looking back, I think I forgave it for a lot of gameplay mechanics because the idea was so strong.
When Dead Rising 2 came out ... I find it mind numblingly boring that the combat consisted of nothing more than "press X". And even at that, it felt kind of sluggish for a lot of very little reasons.

Will Dead Rising 3 liven up the combat? Will it bring fluidity to the game?

Also - Does Dead Rising 3 even have survivors? I haven't seen them ever and the plot of the game doesn't even sound like it gives room for them ... but Survivors ARE Dead Rising.

DR3 has survivors as for your other questions you're just going to have to wait for reviews, or get people opinions on it at launch.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#5Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/21/2013 11:44:08 AM
Foxx3k posted...

What about all the combos, various weapon abilities (every weapon had at least 2 uses), and the balance between shooting/melee fighting? I always thought the combat was pretty solid for a game that had so many weapons.
#6Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/21/2013 11:45:52 AM
zerooo0 posted...

Oh and Battlefront will most likely be 3rd person, but I couldn't agree with you more. And I'm not even a huge FPS fan.
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:47:02 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Oh and Battlefront will most likely be 3rd person, but I couldn't agree with you more. And I'm not even a huge FPS fan.

DICE has confirmed both FPS/TPS views for Battlefront.
---
#8Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/21/2013 11:54:17 AM
zerooo0 posted...
DICE has confirmed both FPS/TPS views for Battlefront.

Nice, hadn't heard that.
#9MrImpatient35Posted 9/21/2013 12:36:07 PM
That game sold me on 3 things. The huge amount of zombies on screen, the motorcycle + steam roller combo vehicle, and the now locked 30fps. Not to mention a lot of other things.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#10chrisromans123Posted 9/21/2013 1:04:38 PM
Does this game still have mission times for everything? I really couldn't get into the second one
(never played the first one) because I felt like it was rushing me all the time.
---
XDAO Romans