Have my Xbox pre ordered and paid off and now I'm torn...

#1DIVINExFABLEPosted 9/21/2013 2:11:24 PM
Any amount of searching leads me to see that ps4 might be getting a lot more fun RPGs and the like. RPGs like borderlands where you can play with friends are my favorite game genre. Next in line is multiplayer shooters. Can someone help me here? Also being a college student the $100 cheaper price tag makes it sound more appealing, but I'm not a fan of ps controllers. :/ some insight would be appreciated.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 2:15:15 PM
don't get either console, wait it out about 6-9 months, find out which console your friends are getting, which has better performing games and other stuff that interest you and get that one.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 9/21/2013 2:22:28 PM
DIVINExFABLE posted...
Any amount of searching leads me to see that ps4 might be getting a lot more fun RPGs and the like. RPGs like borderlands where you can play with friends are my favorite game genre. Next in line is multiplayer shooters. Can someone help me here? Also being a college student the $100 cheaper price tag makes it sound more appealing, but I'm not a fan of ps controllers. :/ some insight would be appreciated.

I've seen and heard great things about the new PS4 controller. But other than maybe Killzone and Driveclub I have to admit I'm wondering if I need to keep my PS4 pre-order. Still no Wipeout announced (if ever thanks to closing another dev studio). No Naughty Dog game on the horizon. It really all depends on the preview coverage of Driveclub for me. I like their new additions to the Motorstorm studio. Otherwise I might cancel until I hear more about Infamous (looks ****ing great but I need to see more).
#4slyman19Posted 9/21/2013 2:24:57 PM
The PS4 will get more JRPGs, but Xbox is the king of WRPGs (Borderlands, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls). I wouldn't worry too much about missing games if you choose Xbox. The two systems are so close in power, I'm sure most third-party devs won't skip XBO.
#5DIVINExFABLE(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 2:29:12 PM
slyman19 posted...
The PS4 will get more JRPGs, but Xbox is the king of WRPGs (Borderlands, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls). I wouldn't worry too much about missing games if you choose Xbox. The two systems are so close in power, I'm sure most third-party devs won't skip XBO.

I enjoyed Dragons Dogma A LOT though. And I'm assuming that that is a JRPG being from capcom and such. I like both WRPGs & JRPGs, but I prefer WRPGs.
---
#6DIVINExFABLE(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 3:10:23 PM
Bump
---
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 9/21/2013 3:31:58 PM
bump? you pretty much got every answer these types of topics get.

If you want to know which console will be getting RPGs E3 2014 will be the best place to get that answer.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.