Tgs poll: Xbone vs PS4

#11YumeOMiruPosted 9/21/2013 4:12:11 PM
So glad no one is getting the Xbone. Quite understandable since the Xbone is 100% made for MURICA!
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#12kyncaniPosted 9/21/2013 4:17:24 PM
slyman19 posted...
Japan is extremely xenophobic. Of course they'll pick the home team.

Gamefaqs is US centric, very much pro Xbox One, as far as such things go anyway.

Europe will be something in between.
#13MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/21/2013 5:25:02 PM
fretless58 posted...
slyman19 posted...

When the other team has nothing to appeal to them, called them a tier 2 country, caters almost entirely to another country, and will most likely release later than the competition, can you really blame them?

Uh, no. They called them a tier 2 country because they know that they won't secure a respectable market share in Japan because Japan buys from native companies like Nintendo and Sony.

- From a Japanese source that was disseminated to muripo:

"In software market share (PS:Nintendo:Xbox) it was 35:61:1 last year, and now 34:65:1 a very minor change."

Let's be honest here. Unless Microsoft changed their entire focus and banked on appealing to Japanese gamers, there is exactly no chance that they will be capable of competing in Japan. It has nothing to do with their lack of focus in Japan, although that certainly isn't helping. It has everything to do with Japanese gamers choosing companies based in Japan. Period.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#14supermoc10Posted 9/21/2013 5:34:09 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Microsoft deemed Japan a "tier 2 country".

I wouldn't give Microsoft the time of day either.

Actually, Japan is technically Tier 3 for both Sony (NA/EU, Asia and then Japan) and Microsoft (US/Part of EU, rest of EU and then Japan).
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#15Dannyson97Posted 9/21/2013 6:40:20 PM
God do bless America, we need it. The Xbox 1 is going to get decimated outside the States and have a hell of a fight in them. Lot of people plan to go PS4 primary and Wii U secondary.
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.
#16Dannyson97Posted 9/21/2013 6:46:22 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
God do bless America, we need it. The Xbox 1 is going to get decimated outside the States and have a hell of a fight in them. Lot of people plan to go PS4 primary and Wii U secondary.

Oops wrong topic. Sorry everyone ignore this DX
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.
#17Cowboy082288Posted 9/21/2013 6:46:25 PM
YumeOMiru posted...
So glad no one is getting the Xbone. Quite understandable since the Xbone is 100% made for MURICA!

CBS Interactive (formerly CBS Digital Media Group) is an American company

Lets see who knows why this is kinda funny :)
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#18zmd22Posted 9/21/2013 6:51:23 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
fretless58 posted...
slyman19 posted...

When the other team has nothing to appeal to them, called them a tier 2 country, caters almost entirely to another country, and will most likely release later than the competition, can you really blame them?

Uh, no. They called them a tier 2 country because they know that they won't secure a respectable market share in Japan because Japan buys from native companies like Nintendo and Sony.

- From a Japanese source that was disseminated to muripo:

"In software market share (PS:Nintendo:Xbox) it was 35:61:1 last year, and now 34:65:1 a very minor change."

Let's be honest here. Unless Microsoft changed their entire focus and banked on appealing to Japanese gamers, there is exactly no chance that they will be capable of competing in Japan. It has nothing to do with their lack of focus in Japan, although that certainly isn't helping. It has everything to do with Japanese gamers choosing companies based in Japan. Period.

I agree!
#19MashYouGoodPosted 9/21/2013 9:52:55 PM
What's this meant to prove- that the xenophobic Japanese support their own companies? Shock and / or horror.

With how lacklustre the Ps3 has been and yet still dominating in the East, what chance does a M$ console even Westerners don't like have over there?

Stupid poll = stupid.
#20WomackdPosted 9/22/2013 1:05:13 AM
I wonder why more Japanese consumers arent upset that the "home town/home team" console, the ps4, is being released in America and Europe first, the rest af Asia in december and not to them until february. That seems to take your countrymen for granted and also shows just how disliked microsoft is for sony to make that move.