Tgs poll: Xbone vs PS4

#21NeoMonkPosted 9/22/2013 12:38:14 AM(edited)
Womackd posted...
I wonder why more Japanese consumers arent upset that the "home town/home team" console, the ps4, is being released in America and Europe first.
For the same reason why alot of them answered "Neither" They haven't seen anything they've wanted yet on the PS4 & There's really nothing else to consider as an alternative.

Btw:

"Umm... What's an XBOX!"

OMG that was classic! hahahaha

That kid should be president of Japan, NAO!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#22HayoamPosted 9/22/2013 1:31:16 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
PS4: 21
XB1: 0
both: 1 ????????????
neither: 7
undecided: 1
Vita: 1
What's an Xbox?: 1

I'm really sure no one said is going to get both stop with the misinformation
#23MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 6:04:25 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Womackd posted...
I wonder why more Japanese consumers arent upset that the "home town/home team" console, the ps4, is being released in America and Europe first.
For the same reason why alot of them answered "Neither" They haven't seen anything they've wanted yet on the PS4 & There's really nothing else to consider as an alternative.

Btw:

"Umm... What's an XBOX!"

OMG that was classic! hahahaha

That kid should be president of Japan, NAO!

I agree, that kid had me cracking up.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pc2f7m0W1rzv84ho2_500.gif
#24Hans109Posted 9/22/2013 6:31:29 PM
Why are people saying the Japanese must hate xbox when half of the people they poll are clearly not Japanese? It just seems like xbox one is not popular worldwide right now.
#25patrick005Posted 9/22/2013 8:44:32 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Unless Microsoft changed their entire focus and banked on appealing to Japanese gamers, there is exactly no chance that they will be capable of competing in Japan.

They tried appealing to Japanese gamers in the early years of the Xbox 360 and that didn't really help, so it won't the Xbox One either. Just releasing the Xbox One in Japan seems like such a money losing strategy for Microsoft, but I guess they want to appease the small number of Xbox gamers there, and at least give Japanese developers a local port to their games.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#26DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/22/2013 9:53:41 PM
fretless58 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Japan is extremely xenophobic. Of course they'll pick the home team.

When the other team has nothing to appeal to them, called them a tier 2 country, caters almost entirely to another country, and will most likely release later than the competition, can you really blame them?

Isn't PS4 doing the same thing? This doesn't help your argument...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#27Lefty128kPosted 9/22/2013 10:19:45 PM
Oh look.
The bigoted stereotype of the Xenophobic Japanese person.

You guys gonna talk about how all Chinese are good at Math too?
#28FOXSOLIDPosted 9/23/2013 1:04:56 AM
lol @ people trying to damage control this by saying its because the Japanese buy natively.

****ing spare me your delusions for 5 MINUTES....PLEASE.

XB1 isn't even gonna outsell PS4 in the STATES. Not a single region of the WORLD will see MS in the lead.

Get the hell over it.
#29catzrul2002Posted 9/23/2013 2:20:58 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
lol @ people trying to damage control this by saying its because the Japanese buy natively.

XB1 isn't even gonna outsell PS4 in the STATES. Not a single region of the WORLD will see MS in the lead.

Get the hell over it.

A little excessive... but I agree.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#30CrimsonCorpPosted 9/23/2013 5:29:29 AM
FOXSOLID posted...

Get the hell over it.

Those are two separate arguments. The PS4, I strongly believe will outsell the X1 in every region. And they deserve to be successful because their message has been simple and crystal clear. They exude confidence, and that's gives the consumer confidence in investing in their hardware.

Now, on to the next topic: Japan is Xenophobic, sorry to break it to you buddy. And it's not just video games we're talking about. Just read the interview with Keiji Inafune a few months back. Even he doesn't deny it.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"