Do you think the Xbox1 is a better console becuase it's more expensive ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 9/21/2013 6:41:28 PM
I've heard a few people say this because the XB1 costs more money, it's the better console.
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/21/2013 6:52:23 PM(edited)
Nope..

Alienware sells laptops for 5k, but if you go Sager you spend half the cost for the same thing..

Just cause you spend more, doesn't mean you get more.

Edit: Also, the Kinect is driving up the cost $100-$150
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#3BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 7:01:01 PM
So basically inside the Xbox1 and PS4 they got the same parts hey, except for maybe PS4 using DDR5 ram and XB1 using DDR3 ?

So if MS made a version without the kinect they could compete with the PS4 then and sell it cheaper.
#4chrisromans123Posted 9/21/2013 7:07:13 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
So basically inside the Xbox1 and PS4 they got the same parts hey, except for maybe PS4 using DDR5 ram and XB1 using DDR3 ?

So if MS made a version without the kinect they could compete with the PS4 then and sell it cheaper.

If they took out kinect they could for sure compete with price. They can compete with price with kinect included also if they wanted. If i'm not mistaken MS isn't taking a loss with each x1 sold granted it's probably not but a $20 - $30 profit, but still they could charge $450 and take a little hit. The only thing is there is no reason for them to do so. A lot of people will pay $500 and not think twice about it. So it's best they charge as much as they can and get that money.
---
XDAO Romans
#5BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 7:10:02 PM
chrisromans123 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

If they took out kinect they could for sure compete with price. They can compete with price with kinect included also if they wanted. If i'm not mistaken MS isn't taking a loss with each x1 sold granted it's probably not but a $20 - $30 profit, but still they could charge $450 and take a little hit. The only thing is there is no reason for them to do so. A lot of people will pay $500 and not think twice about it. So it's best they charge as much as they can and get that money.

That's not what preorders are saying mostly, but I guess it's still way to early to tell.
#6chrisromans123Posted 9/21/2013 7:12:06 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
chrisromans123 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

That's not what preorders are saying mostly, but I guess it's still way to early to tell.

I'm not saying they are selling more than Sony, but lets be honest both of these systems will probably sell out this year.
---
XDAO Romans
#7Crazy_tank51Posted 9/21/2013 7:12:51 PM
Money =/= quality. The Saturn cost $400 back when it released. How well did it do?
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD