Why the Xbox One is failing

#111zinsindettaPosted 9/23/2013 9:58:02 PM
Shik_stick posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Shik_stick posted...
xninjagrrl posted...
If MS can get away with selling faulty products (rrod) for years, then they will certainly be able to con us into paying for this stupid Kinect.

Which is wh wil not get one and refuse to support Microsoft

Damn shik get off these boards. I have seen a ridiculous amount of your replies hating of the Xbox One on these forums. We get it pony, you hate Xbox One. We do not need to see you say it and just word it differently in every topic.

Get a life.

Also funny how Xbox defenders always seem to get so worked up over others stating their opinion. Instead why dont you try to counter any one of my points with one of your own yeah? I mean, it's a lot better than throwing a hissy fit and screaming "PONY!!!"

Now that i think about it, of all the posts i put on here there has not been a single rebuttal made to my points other than the typical defense strategy...

People might respect your opinion if you didn't act like a stupid troll hating on Xbox One on every topic on the Xbox One boards. Your life sucks so much you got nothing better to do then flood the Xbox One boards with hate? Pathetic.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#112AceVanquishPosted 9/24/2013 7:45:18 AM
Decimator11 posted...
This again? Really? Do you really think a bait-and-switch like that would fly after all the backlash they've gotten over the policies in the first place? Do you think that everyone with spotty or no Internet for themselves who bought the console would just go "Oh well"? This is basic common sense here.

Microsoft already lost our trust by forcing you to plug in a camera in the first place. I never heard that you were allowed to unplug it, just that you were allowed to "turn it off". But of course, if something is plugged in and connected to a power source, you have no idea if it's really off. Why Microsoft took so long to let you do something as basic as unplug a camera is beyond me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/imGAY.png
http://lostfacts.net
#113SirLemontPosted 9/24/2013 9:07:12 AM
Decimator11 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Decimator11 posted...
AceVanquish posted...
It's the creepy factor. No one likes the idea of an always-on camera in the living room, and the timing of the Snowden leaks help M$ one bit. I've never seen anything like this, where no matter where you go the majority of gamers are anti-xbone, and the fanboys are more likely to be trolls than genuine fans.

Except the camera doesn't need to be plugged in anymore, rendering that point moot.

That can be reversed down the road and the anti consumer practices put in thus far point to more to come in the future once people buy the console.

This again? Really? Do you really think a bait-and-switch like that would fly after all the backlash they've gotten over the policies in the first place? Do you think that everyone with spotty or no Internet for themselves who bought the console would just go "Oh well"? This is basic common sense here.

If this was basic common sense, Microsoft would have never went through with those initial policies in the 1st place, especially since the outrage was BEFORE the system was formally announced.

And yes, this again. Microsoft themselves said their policies can change at anytime, which means it's a possibility that those rejected policies can be reinstated at Microsoft's choosing. Remember, they braved through weeks of constant criticism and insisted that the pre-reversal was their true vision.

Also, Microsoft is the king of vaguespeak. They really never fully explained the benefits of the pre-reversal policies. Combined with their arrogance, they put off a lot of gamers and were hammered during the initial preorders. Even now, they're being vague, and thus, many gamers distrustful of them. Microsoft now ha a crisis of trust, and it's totally their fault due to how they handled things.
#114Shik_stick(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:23:45 AM
zinsindetta posted...
Shik_stick posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Shik_stick posted...
xninjagrrl posted...
If MS can get away with selling faulty products (rrod) for years, then they will certainly be able to con us into paying for this stupid Kinect.

Which is wh wil not get one and refuse to support Microsoft

Damn shik get off these boards. I have seen a ridiculous amount of your replies hating of the Xbox One on these forums. We get it pony, you hate Xbox One. We do not need to see you say it and just word it differently in every topic.

Get a life.

Also funny how Xbox defenders always seem to get so worked up over others stating their opinion. Instead why dont you try to counter any one of my points with one of your own yeah? I mean, it's a lot better than throwing a hissy fit and screaming "PONY!!!"

Now that i think about it, of all the posts i put on here there has not been a single rebuttal made to my points other than the typical defense strategy...

People might respect your opinion if you didn't act like a stupid troll hating on Xbox One on every topic on the Xbox One boards. Your life sucks so much you got nothing better to do then flood the Xbox One boards with hate? Pathetic.

Lol and another desperate fanboy shows up
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#115DisgaeaNutPosted 9/24/2013 1:48:06 PM
Decimator11 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Decimator11 posted...
AceVanquish posted...
It's the creepy factor. No one likes the idea of an always-on camera in the living room, and the timing of the Snowden leaks help M$ one bit. I've never seen anything like this, where no matter where you go the majority of gamers are anti-xbone, and the fanboys are more likely to be trolls than genuine fans.

Except the camera doesn't need to be plugged in anymore, rendering that point moot.

That can be reversed down the road and the anti consumer practices put in thus far point to more to come in the future once people buy the console.

Common sense says a company that has pushed many anti consumer practices will eventually put some in place even if they are brand new ones.
#116SoulTrapperPosted 9/24/2013 2:03:04 PM
Decimator11 posted...

Microsoft showed us their vision of the future at E3 and as they're still saying in interviews themselves, that vision hasn't changed they're just waiting for the consumer to get ready for it.

We know what future Microsoft has planned, we don't know when they'll deem the consumer ready for that future.

What we do know, is that if you spend $500 on the xbox now, it might be a different product in a few months/years, depending on what Microsoft intends to do with their future vision.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#117ScymitePosted 9/24/2013 2:15:45 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Decimator11 posted...

Microsoft showed us their vision of the future at E3 and as they're still saying in interviews themselves, that vision hasn't changed they're just waiting for the consumer to get ready for it.

We know what future Microsoft has planned, we don't know when they'll deem the consumer ready for that future.

What we do know, is that if you spend $500 on the xbox now, it might be a different product in a few months/years, depending on what Microsoft intends to do with their future vision.

Just like the 360 is a pretty different product now than when it was released 8 years ago.

And MS cannot implement those online policies as they were, ever. They will have to offer a hybrid system, but people going digital-only will be rewarded with true-next-gen eventual online services, and the people going physical-only will have their basic-next-gen PS360.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#118SoulTrapperPosted 9/24/2013 2:41:52 PM
Scymite posted...

Just like the 360 is a pretty different product now than when it was released 8 years ago.

And MS cannot implement those online policies as they were, ever. They will have to offer a hybrid system, but people going digital-only will be rewarded with true-next-gen eventual online services, and the people going physical-only will have their basic-next-gen PS360.

How is it a different product exactly?

If you mean there are more options with it now, that's correct.

The problem here is that it would take away options.

And Microsoft can do what they want, they don't have to offer anything.

A hybrid system would be the best for both sides, but what they announced at E3 will be happening, as they've already confirmed multiple times.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127082-Microsoft-Believes-Xbox-One-And-Kinect-Are-One-And-The-Same?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news#pCiAvV1yvCQsFeDl.99

Spencer does believe in listening to customer feedback, which is why Microsoft now uses what he describes as "physical DRM" - the disc - as well as digital DRM. But Spencer's clear on one thing: Microsoft wants to create the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch, and which will be coming to all customers eventually.

So they clearly say that eventually everyone will be using the digital system.
---
PSN: El_Coon