Searched but didn't find it posted: Escapist reviews RYSE.

#21RayconPosted 9/22/2013 9:33:03 AM
elchris79 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Raycon posted...
DarkHiei posted...
Quote:Curious... Because everything I've seen from the game has looked laughably poor.

I dare say, this "review" should taken with a silo of salt.

@MashYouGood
Lol wouldn't taking something with a silo of salt technically be negating the phrase?? I get what you're doing but it doesn't "technically" work. Idk I have nothing else to post. Yay Ryse...

Maybe he's trying to imply that it takes a "silo" of salt to balance it out?

A grain of salt, implies that this information is so insignificant that it only requires one grain. A silo of salt, implies that this is gigantic news. Take your pick.

I'm pretty sure the origin of that saying is based around the fact that salt makes a lot of food more palatable. And it's a 'pinch' of salt. But either way a silo of salt doesn't make sense.

You don't like a mountain of salt with your french fries?

= O
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#22KidIcarootsPosted 9/22/2013 9:38:14 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
It may just be one of the Xbox One's "killer apps"

LOL. Stopped reading there, sorry.
#23elchris79Posted 9/22/2013 10:24:20 AM
Raycon posted...
elchris79 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Raycon posted...
DarkHiei posted...
Quote:Curious... Because everything I've seen from the game has looked laughably poor.

I dare say, this "review" should taken with a silo of salt.

@MashYouGood
Lol wouldn't taking something with a silo of salt technically be negating the phrase?? I get what you're doing but it doesn't "technically" work. Idk I have nothing else to post. Yay Ryse...

Maybe he's trying to imply that it takes a "silo" of salt to balance it out?

A grain of salt, implies that this information is so insignificant that it only requires one grain. A silo of salt, implies that this is gigantic news. Take your pick.

I'm pretty sure the origin of that saying is based around the fact that salt makes a lot of food more palatable. And it's a 'pinch' of salt. But either way a silo of salt doesn't make sense.

You don't like a mountain of salt with your french fries?

= O

Nope. I'm always accused of being too salty anyway.
#24SoulTrapperPosted 9/22/2013 10:30:40 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Escapist didn't review it, this is a blog post about a demo running on a pc by a random guy:

http://stevesgameblog.blogspot.be/

Steven is an avid gamer who lives in Japan as an English teacher. Alas, he has the heart of a writer and kids himself into thinking he's a games journalist in his free time.

I agree with the bolded part.

You would because you're a troll. Here is the rest of the post, it's obviously a light-hearted joke that he wrote so as to show he doesn't take himself too seriously. Sounds like a great video game writer.

Steven is an avid gamer who lives in Japan as an English teacher. Alas, he has the heart of a writer and kids himself into thinking he's a games journalist in his free time. He enjoys whiskey on the rocks, long walks on the beach, and talking about himself in the third person.

I'm not "trolling", I'm simply pointing out that this isn't an escapist review (why would they review a demo of a game in the first place?) but a blog post or a preview at best (as it even says in the title of the article).

He's not a video game writer, he's a blogger.
What he writes has the same value as what you or I post here.

You'd know all of this if you checked his profile.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Steven+Bogos
---
PSN: El_Coon
#25FusionCPosted 9/22/2013 10:55:51 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Escapist didn't review it, this is a blog post about a demo running on a pc by a random guy:

http://stevesgameblog.blogspot.be/

Steven is an avid gamer who lives in Japan as an English teacher. Alas, he has the heart of a writer and kids himself into thinking he's a games journalist in his free time.

I agree with the bolded part.

You would because you're a troll. Here is the rest of the post, it's obviously a light-hearted joke that he wrote so as to show he doesn't take himself too seriously. Sounds like a great video game writer.

Steven is an avid gamer who lives in Japan as an English teacher. Alas, he has the heart of a writer and kids himself into thinking he's a games journalist in his free time. He enjoys whiskey on the rocks, long walks on the beach, and talking about himself in the third person.

I'm not "trolling", I'm simply pointing out that this isn't an escapist review (why would they review a demo of a game in the first place?) but a blog post or a preview at best (as it even says in the title of the article).

He's not a video game writer, he's a blogger.
What he writes has the same value as what you or I post here.

You'd know all of this if you checked his profile.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Steven+Bogos

If your assertion is true could you please provide your link to the escapist? Im interested in reading it!
---
For the Horde!!!!
#26GamespohtPosted 9/22/2013 12:33:44 PM
Can't wait to see Yahtzee review the X1 and PS4 when they release
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#27SoulTrapperPosted 9/22/2013 12:40:37 PM
FusionC posted...

If your assertion is true could you please provide your link to the escapist? Im interested in reading it!

???
The link to the article is in the first post.

If you're asking for MY escapist, I don't have one.

But you can make your own articles there if you want.

Simply register on the site and send your article here and they'll post it on their site:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/contact

It's pretty much the same as writing a review on this site.
---
PSN: El_Coon