Tech question: because Xbox One and PS4 uses x86 architecture like PC's do

#1NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 6:04:12 AM
Does it mean they are prone to getting viruses online like PC's? I was wondering because most viruses are designed to interact with x86 styled systems ( main reason why Apple products have the "virus-free' reputation). Responses from anyone who is knowledgeable on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#2Thewinner14Posted 9/22/2013 6:15:52 AM(edited)
Actually most viruses are designed for windows. Viruses take advantage of the file system and binary/executable files which differ from windows to apple and *nix. The xb1, in theory, could catch a bug since it does run windows

Apple has been using x86 architecture in their desktop and notebooks for a few years now
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#3NerdimusPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 6:18:50 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
Actually most viruses are designed for windows. Viruses take advantage of the file system and binary/executable files which differ from windows to apple and *nix. The xb1, in theory, could catch a bug since it does run windows

Apple has been using x86 architecture in their desktop and notebooks for a few years now

this is why I asked for an educated opinion as I am lacking in this area of knowledge. Ty for your response!
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!