Tech question: because Xbox One and PS4 uses x86 architecture like PC's do

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tech question: because Xbox One and PS4 uses x86 architecture like PC's do

User Info: NerdimusPrime

NerdimusPrime
3 years ago#1
Does it mean they are prone to getting viruses online like PC's? I was wondering because most viruses are designed to interact with x86 styled systems ( main reason why Apple products have the "virus-free' reputation). Responses from anyone who is knowledgeable on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!

User Info: Thewinner14

Thewinner14
3 years ago#2
Actually most viruses are designed for windows. Viruses take advantage of the file system and binary/executable files which differ from windows to apple and *nix. The xb1, in theory, could catch a bug since it does run windows

Apple has been using x86 architecture in their desktop and notebooks for a few years now
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956

User Info: NerdimusPrime

NerdimusPrime
3 years ago#3
Thewinner14 posted...
Actually most viruses are designed for windows. Viruses take advantage of the file system and binary/executable files which differ from windows to apple and *nix. The xb1, in theory, could catch a bug since it does run windows

Apple has been using x86 architecture in their desktop and notebooks for a few years now

this is why I asked for an educated opinion as I am lacking in this area of knowledge. Ty for your response!
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tech question: because Xbox One and PS4 uses x86 architecture like PC's do

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived