Forza vs Driveclub: Reader Feature

#1embrandedonePosted 9/22/2013 10:04:17 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/21/next-gen-hands-on-forza-5-vs-driveclub-readers-feature-4061389/

Cool piece and he mentions a few notes of interest:

- He enjoyed Drivelcub more
- While Forza has the better lightning, Driveclub has the wow factor and varied tracks (static vs dynamic backgrounds)
- D-pad vibrations? (Must investigate this)

I'll let this stew for a while. For now, I need to go check this Project Cars the comments seem to be yapping about
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#2Mega WolfPosted 9/22/2013 10:12:29 AM
People will still say Forza is better because of its track record.
Most Forza games rival if not beat the GT series in quality (besides Horizon).
Honestly I dont play racing games, so this is a moot point for me, I'll probably get neither.
Even with Drive Club being one of the free PS+ games.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#3Foxx3kPosted 9/22/2013 10:13:39 AM
I didn't know DriveClub was an arcade racer.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4mrshowtime333Posted 9/22/2013 10:23:24 AM
This is just a ridiculous argument for anyone who has seen both games. They arent even competing with each other. Not in the same ballpark.
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/22/2013 10:36:21 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
This is just a ridiculous argument for anyone who has seen both games. They arent even competing with each other. Not in the same ballpark.

How do you support that argument?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6ItIsOkBroPosted 9/22/2013 10:38:06 AM
Forza objectively doesn't have better lighting, this guy can't be trusted.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#7PowerOfTheCloudPosted 9/22/2013 10:43:24 AM
If you're playing Forza without a wheel you're doing it wrong.
---
300,000 servers, one for every player
#8RollnThunder213Posted 9/22/2013 10:45:30 AM(edited)
embrandedone posted...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/21/next-gen-hands-on-forza-5-vs-driveclub-readers-feature-4061389/

Cool piece and he mentions a few notes of interest:

- He enjoyed Drivelcub more
- While Forza has the better lightning, Driveclub has the wow factor and varied tracks (static vs dynamic backgrounds)
- D-pad vibrations? (Must investigate this)

I'll let this stew for a while. For now, I need to go check this Project Cars the comments seem to be yapping about

He enjoyed Driveclub more because he doesn't like sim racers which he stated which obviously is absent from your point. Says nothing about how fun or not fun each game is to anyone else.

Also, he said pad as in the controller, not dpad. People in the UK call controllers, pads. So he was just referring to the rumble triggers.

mrshowtime333 is saying that one is a heavy sim racer and the other is much more an arcade racer. While they may both have cars and big paved circles in them they appeal to wildly different audiences.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#9Shacky_101Posted 9/22/2013 11:10:06 AM
Driveclub looks more realistic to me. Dont get me wrong, Forza is a great looking game (Probably better looking out of the two?) but Forza has a little of that cartoony look to it.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#10Pale HorsemanPosted 9/22/2013 11:21:20 AM
The writer of this article does make a good point: Forza is not the best game to demo the XB1 due it being more of a sim racer than an arcade. You cannot just pick up and play a sim racer and be good at it.
This is an unfair comparison between the two games.
MS will be smart to use a different game if it has to be compete against Drive Club simply for the fact that DC is an arcade like racer and easier for casuals to play.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!