Anyone still on the fence between the XOne and PS4 purchase?

#1Pure InvasionPosted 9/22/2013 11:02:11 AM
I still can't decide which to get and seeing as I just moved into my first house (paying a mortgage) and have limited gaming cash, it'll be tough to make the decision on which console to settle with seeing as I'll only be purchasing one this time around
Each console has its pro's and neg's and I'm having a tough time picking between the two.

After getting behind MS fully this gen (even with Kinect despite how it flopped in terms of gameplay usage), I'm just not sure if I want to run down the mandatory Kinect path that MS is forcing on us with the purchase.

I really do like the 360/One controller though and have always felt awkward playing with Sony's layout on their controllers...

Anyone else on the fence still between the two? How are you deciding?
---
360: Pure1nvasion
3DS: 2552-1194-6151
#2GravyButtPosted 9/22/2013 11:16:17 AM
Ya im in the same boat. Have both preordered but only getting one. Having my first born in march so just one, if any for me. Hope the closer we get the more unbiased info we receive.
#3zerooo0Posted 9/22/2013 11:28:26 AM
Nope.

Going to do what I did this gen and wait for the PS4 library to grow, so when I pick it up I can have great games from both systems. Getting the X1 first for Titanfall, Forza 5, Project Spark , & Quantum Break. Which will happily past the time to about 2015-2016. Maybe The Order could sell me the PS4 next year depending on how good it is.

PS4 & X1 is definitely the way to go if you can get the cash.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 9/22/2013 11:29:56 AM
No, I'm getting neither and I'm pretty decided on that.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#5DreamentalPosted 9/22/2013 11:38:48 AM(edited)
i was originally going for the ps4 but noticed a lot of games i was going to buy for it were on the 360 as well. even games i thought would be ps4 exclusive like kh3 and ff15 are going to be on the x1. the only ps4 exclusive game i was excited for was infamous but ever since i saw the titanfall gameplay trailers i have been even more excited for that game. i cancelled my ps4 preorder yesterday and walked into target and pre ordered a day one edition xbox one and i am more excited for it than i was for the ps4.
#6chrisromans123Posted 9/22/2013 11:52:36 AM
Not 100% sure yet either, but I think I am going to get the ps4 first and an x1 after they do a price drop.
---
XDAO Romans
#7METALINGUS5150Posted 9/22/2013 11:58:07 AM
Was going to get a PS4 when Metal Gear Solid V came out for it, but after seeing the recent gameplay, I'm waiting till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. Yeah I'm going to be waiting a while.
#8studepaberPosted 9/22/2013 1:31:14 PM
I was on the fence for the longest time, have friends that are getting both. For me tho the Xbox One has more launch and announced games that interest me so that's what I'm getting.
#9knightimexPosted 9/22/2013 1:44:08 PM(edited)
I have my heart set on ps4 this gen as my main console.

The only reason why I have a gaming rig as good as I have is because majority of 360 games have crappy frame rates and or less than desired fidelity.

Ps4 will remedy that.
PC can do the same, but I prefer online gaming on consoles over PC.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Star Ocean 2 (Ps1), Legend of Zelda OoT (N64).
#10ErevilePosted 9/22/2013 2:29:50 PM
GravyButt posted...
Ya im in the same boat. Have both preordered but only getting one. Having my first born in march so just one, if any for me. Hope the closer we get the more unbiased info we receive.

Get the X1. You won't need a free hand to use the TV.

Nothing worse than sitting through a terrible show because you're feeding your kid.
---
Tonight I will serenade you with the tortured screams of my lunatic soul.
PSN: Khoron