Do you think this console will be a financial success in the long run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think this console will be a financial success in the long run?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 years ago#11
I have no doubt that this console will be a success in the long run. When the price goes down you'll see.

User Info: Private_Noob

Private_Noob
3 years ago#12
Bump.
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!

User Info: BigBizShill

BigBizShill
3 years ago#13
Of course it will be. If you voted no you are a clown.
MasterChief14: "Oh look. Somebody incapable of reason so they resort to petty taunts."

User Info: LICKWIDPAlN

LICKWIDPAlN
3 years ago#14
It just needs to sell 10 million to surpass the profits of the 360 due to focused ads with Kinect. Yes, it will be a financial success.
The real question is will it be a gaming success? Doubt it.
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!

User Info: Bikes-

Bikes-
3 years ago#15
Nice_Robby posted...
Considering the x1 is sold at a slight profit(or will break even) at launch then yes.

So you figured a person will a buy a game. Therefore even if the console itself is sold at no profit margin they will make money of the game sale and also in Xbox live subscription.

Last I heard, correct me if I'm wrong, the ps4 will have to be sold with a game AND psn to break even. Not sure where I read this tho.

This topic is not about the ps4, but i did want to compare them in this aspect.

Selling at a small profit doesn't really help that much, the R&D costs and sever costs still need to be covered.
FC: 2921-9087-2265
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think this console will be a financial success in the long run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived