A question for the dudebros here...

#21whitelytningPosted 9/22/2013 7:39:23 PM
elchris79 posted...

You've pretty much encapsulated why people dislike you right there. Girls don't talk to dudebros, dudebros shout at girls and think because they don't run away that they are all the way in. That's why dudebros don't generally exist after they graduate, because dudebros just become dudes, who play games with their friends. And people don't care what games you play. They just care that people who are 'dudebros' buy the same game year in year out. If people didn't buy it the companies would be forced to change the game in a positive way to cater to people who like the game.

Ignoring the part about the girls not talking to me...

How does the last sentence make sense? Us dudebros do like COD. There is no reason to fix or change them in a "positive" way because there are already so many people buying and playing it. If "positive" to you means "negative" to the majority of people that continue to break sales records than the company would be hurting itself by changing a game in the way you like.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#22elchris79Posted 9/22/2013 7:50:13 PM
whitelytning posted...
elchris79 posted...

You've pretty much encapsulated why people dislike you right there. Girls don't talk to dudebros, dudebros shout at girls and think because they don't run away that they are all the way in. That's why dudebros don't generally exist after they graduate, because dudebros just become dudes, who play games with their friends. And people don't care what games you play. They just care that people who are 'dudebros' buy the same game year in year out. If people didn't buy it the companies would be forced to change the game in a positive way to cater to people who like the game.

Ignoring the part about the girls not talking to me...

How does the last sentence make sense? Us dudebros do like COD. There is no reason to fix or change them in a "positive" way because there are already so many people buying and playing it. If "positive" to you means "negative" to the majority of people that continue to break sales records than the company would be hurting itself by changing a game in the way you like.

I don't know if you like football/soccer games... But Pro Evoution was the king for a lot of years. They didn't change much, FIFA did, and it's now the best by a mile. And in American terms the 2k franchise was immensely superior to the EA version. But it's presentation was snappier and the gameplay was more immediate. So it won a little bit of market share majority, which allowed EA to buy the rights, which meant that NFL has stagnated on consoles.

The point of that is that simple people like what is familiar and easy to play. Anything that requires more than a few hours to master is unappealing. Therefore people who like the simplicity actually stagnate the development process, because it's such a big business publishers are too scared to make a large change.
#23LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:08:21 PM
whitelytning posted...
Dudebro here.

What interests me is that my friends will be playing it, I am used to the MS console, and some of the non game play Kinect feature actually seem pretty cool.

The dudebro hate is funny. O no...I like to play COD that makes my opinion about the system less important? Other than being jealous that girls actually talk to me or that I have a job and a social life whats the problem with me liking a group of games you don't like? Get over it. I'm not going to tell you to stop playing pokemon or whatever you angsty "hardcore" gamers play. Play what you enjoy, it doesn't make your opinion about gaming more accurate or official because you play one group of games as opposed to another.

Dude, no one is hating dudebros in here. My post did not even imply any offence to dudebros. Chill with the guilty conscience. You are just giving reasons to hate dudebros even more despite their relative lack of taste.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#24raddicussPosted 9/22/2013 9:58:17 PM
Bros.... All this reading.... It's getting in the way of my Cawd time.
---
Stop talking, I'm the village idiot.
#25ManInGorillaSutPosted 9/22/2013 10:02:17 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Dudebros don't use Gamefaqs.

---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#26ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/22/2013 10:07:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Dudebro originated from the Football watching COD crowd but I see ur point.

Yes, but it is so overused now. I can't believe it is attached to people who play a very strictly sci-fi series like Halo.

It can definitely apply to any mainstream FPS game. Halo, CoD, and Madden are some serious Dudebro game franchises. It doesn't help that the ESPN integration seems to suspiciously be targeting that exact playerbase.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7CULOL8hXo