This console seems over-hated.

#1TheBPB11Posted 9/22/2013 7:59:50 PM(edited)
It doesn't look bad at all anymore. Sure, it was awful when it was first announced, but now it looks pretty decent. None of the next gen consoles look great and I'd prefer to stay with our current consoles, but there's nothing noticeably awful about this console at all.

Microsoft also seems to want to please the fans this time around, we've got Killer Instinct! I know tons of people who would've bought a Kinect for that rumored Killer Instinct Kinect game, and a new Dragoon game?!? Also, no I'm not a "dudebro" frat guy in the slightest.

I own a Wii U and 6 games and I've thoroughly enjoyed 2 of those games. 2 out of 6 and they were also on 360 and PS3, they were Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed & Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper.

The PS4 looks kinda boring, nothing really stands out that isn't on Xbone. Mirror's Edge 2? Also on XB1. Star Wars Battlefront 3? Also on XB1. I'm sure PS4 will get some better exclusives down the line, but right now I'm just not impressed at all. Doom 4 might even be exclusive on XB1! That'd be awesome, I love all 3 Dooms.

I will admit that the PS4 looks physically cooler than the XB1, though. I'll most likely have both before the next gen's over, I'm just waiting for Sony to release some actual good games. I really don't want Kinect, that I will admit. I also hate the name Xbox One, but I can deal with it.
---
Xbox Live & PSN: TheBPB11
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 9/22/2013 7:59:31 PM
I think it's getting the right amount of hate that it deserves.
#3Foxx3kPosted 9/22/2013 8:03:44 PM
Gamers aren't good at thinking for themselves. They just like to jump on bandwagons. Right now, one of the major bandwagons is "hate Xbox One."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 9/22/2013 8:06:51 PM(edited)
It wouldn't be getting as much hate as it is if Microsoft hadn't waged the worst PR campaign in the history of business. The "deal with it" message they were putting out between the reveal and E3 was positively stupid, and actively antagonized gamers not just against the console, but the company itself. Even if the X-Box One isn't a terrible console on its own merits, a lot of people simply don't want to support Microsoft anymore.

Yeah, nobody's dumb enough to think Sony's a corporation full of charitable saints or anything, but at least they try to buy our favor with gifts and praise instead of telling us to shut up because we're going to buy it anyway. And if we can't buy it because we don't have high-speed internet, are in the military, or live in the wrong country? Good riddance, they don't need us.
#5RollnThunder213Posted 9/22/2013 8:08:51 PM
I can definitely understand why some people have legitimate grievances against the system and don't want to buy it, but the cool thing to do right now among gamers is to hate this system. Once it has been out for a year and people realize it's a great system the flurry of insults will settle quite a bit and people will be happy owning what they own.

I should say MOST, lol. There will always be fanboys on both sides who just want to watch the world burn and troll others.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#6LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/22/2013 8:09:49 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...

---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#7XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/22/2013 8:16:27 PM
It deserves it with the arrogance that MS has brought to the table during the whole fiasco, honestly they have come off as complete toolbags
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#8NeoMonkPosted 9/22/2013 8:17:17 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...

---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#9zepfyaPosted 9/22/2013 8:23:03 PM
These forums are a joke, I come here maybe once a week and still see the no life loser trolls like in this thread. I don't understand how people can be so pathetic.
#10tadmfpolePosted 9/22/2013 8:26:35 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Gamers aren't good at thinking for themselves. They just like to jump on bandwagons. Right now, one of the major bandwagons is "hate Xbox One."

I see, it is a trend to dislike the Xbox One not because there is any legit reason to do so, but because it is the cool thing to do. That must be it. No one has ever given any good reason to not like the system. People are just jumping on the bandwagon.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned