Would you be annoyed if Microsoft removed the Kinect to lower the price?

#1DrRockso87Posted 9/22/2013 9:53:27 PM
As the title asks. Hypothetical. Let's say March 2014, sales are sluggish. Microsoft misses their sales goal and decides to release a model without Kinect for $399. What would your reaction be?

Would you be annoyed that the Kinect is no longer in the box, afraid that now developers won't innovate enough with it? Or that you're annoyed the system is now cheaper than it was by $100 and wish you waited?

Or, would you be happy that now the Kinect is optional and since you have no interest, you can save $100 purchasing the console?
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 9/22/2013 10:07:43 PM
I would be glad.
Would make buying the Xbone a later on in the generation a very possible thing to happen.
Plus it would be fun to see all the people who said, "I hope they don't remove Kinect" get mad.
lol
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/22/2013 10:09:35 PM
Nope. Far from it. The kinect is useless to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7CULOL8hXo
#4RollnThunder213Posted 9/22/2013 10:20:08 PM
DrRockso87 posted...
Would you be annoyed that the Kinect is no longer in the box, afraid that now developers won't innovate enough with it?

Definitely this. Though I would say more disappointed than annoyed. I'd like for developers to involve little creative Kinect things into their games that improve the experience overall, but I don't have a vested interest in it to where I'd be annoyed.

If it was optional at launch I still would have gotten one for Skype, streaming, voice commands, etc., but having everyone have one creates a viable ecosystem for creative motion gaming beyond what we've had in the past.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#5KID VIDPosted 9/22/2013 10:32:08 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
DrRockso87 posted...
Would you be annoyed that the Kinect is no longer in the box, afraid that now developers won't innovate enough with it?

Definitely this. Though I would say more disappointed than annoyed. I'd like for developers to involve little creative Kinect things into their games that improve the experience overall, but I don't have a vested interest in it to where I'd be annoyed.

If it was optional at launch I still would have gotten one for Skype, streaming, voice commands, etc., but having everyone have one creates a viable ecosystem for creative motion gaming beyond what we've had in the past.

This is how I pretty much will feel about it.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#6CaIiber345Posted 9/22/2013 11:25:08 PM
I own and love Xbox 360. I did not own PS3 this gen. I bought a Kinect and after giving it a chance, I hated it. I had no plans to go with Sony until the Xbox One reveal. MS had me until mandatory Kinect.

I won't even consider buying Xbox One until they remove Kinect from the equation.
---
http://minus.com/ll6Wx5NemvtlV
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#7FinzFan4lifePosted 9/23/2013 12:00:26 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
I own and love Xbox 360. I did not own PS3 this gen. I bought a Kinect and after giving it a chance, I hated it. I had no plans to go with Sony until the Xbox One reveal. MS had me until mandatory Kinect.

I won't even consider buying Xbox One until they remove Kinect from the equation.

We won't miss you.

Be annoyed cause it would be something else taylored to the entitled gamer. Who thinks devs need to bow to gamers.

They would pretty much have to redo the whole navigation to make it easier for people who just can't except change.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#8ZheakkPosted 9/23/2013 12:47:16 AM
I would be annoyed as a gamer is the Kinect was removed; I would be even more annoyed as a developer if it was removed.

I am interested in the possibilities the Kinect will add to playing games, and how it will work with the console interface. I have already read about some cool features developers are already throwing into games, a few of which I think will be pretty fun.

The Kinect itself looks to perform much better than the original, although I would like to see a little bit more of it in use.

From a developer standpoint though, MS already promised them that all XB1 owners would have one to create incentive to develop for it. Would most likely cause a lot of trouble for some developers who already put Kinect functionality into their games to have to go back and create work-arounds for individuals who would buy w/o Kinect. However, I don't really know the degree the Kinect is being utilized for different games, so perhaps it wouldn't be incredibly difficult.
#9CaIiber345Posted 9/23/2013 3:05:39 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

We won't miss you.

Be annoyed cause it would be something else taylored to the entitled gamer. Who thinks devs need to bow to gamers.

They would pretty much have to redo the whole navigation to make it easier for people who just can't except change.

Funny how nothing in my post had anything to do with anyone else. I didn't reference anyone else at all, let alone in particular. So I don't who "we" is, and why they would, would not, should, or should not miss me.

I don't understand the next sentence. At first I thought it might be my failure at reading comprehension. Then I realized that it was the fault of the author for being ambiguous. Not sure who said anything about devs bowing to gamers.

But this is how it is on this board. It's ashame, really.
---
http://minus.com/ll6Wx5NemvtlV
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#10SoulTrapperPosted 9/23/2013 3:14:49 AM
FinzFan4life posted...

We won't miss you.

Yeah, how dare he think for himself and not buy a product that has a mandatory peripheral for which not a single game has been announced yet?!

How entitled of him to consider his options!

Perhaps it's more entitlement by the Microsoft to expect people to pay of the R&D costs of the kinect by forcing people to buy it instead of giving the people who want it the option of buying it?

Or maybe it's entitled of them to think that people should/would be okay with whatever they decide to add to the console and expect consumers to buy it regardless?
---
PSN: El_Coon