For all you nay Sayers, XBO will do mightly fine and even sell more than PS4

#21SirLemontPosted 9/23/2013 2:41:06 PM
Everyone knows the X1 will do fine. The question is, will it do fine enough to keep Microsoft from axing it.
#22ManInGorillaSutPosted 9/23/2013 3:21:01 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Raven-Z posted...
Titanfall is coming to the 360 and PC and eventually PS4. You're completely deluded if you think its the One's killer app.

Yet I hear so many people call it such.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

I mean, the default assumption is that the majority isn't deluded.

"so many people" called the first Killzone the Halo Killer.

Just sayin...
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#23Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 5:21:41 AM
Anyone who thinks timed exclusives are not supper effective is kidding themselves. It matters not that Titanfall will be on 360 and pc, what matters is for a long time it won't be on ps4. And it is super effective that the game will be at its bet on the XBO. This is a war between Sony and ms and ms knows it.

Titanfall is their killer app and it will push way more untapped than ps4.

I see it as ps4 having a slight lead out of the gate until the spring. Than XBO will crush Sony on the back of Titanfall.

It is the first truest new and exciting fps game to come out in a generation. People will flock to it.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 9/24/2013 5:23:48 AM
ITT: butthurt weeaboos who live in America pretend markets other than America are super important because their console of choice is in dead last place in America.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#25boundedcribPosted 9/24/2013 5:36:35 AM
Voelger posted...
For hardcore enthusiasts, XBO is hurting from all the flip flopping, mandatory kinect, higher price, and just bad communication.

But alas, the majority of gamers in America don't care about that. They love Xbox live, their friends play Xbox, and Titanfall being the next hotness will get them to buy. Microsoft will be fine.

And for all those that will claim Titanfall is a timed exclusive, I say- that's all it needs to be in-order to push sales and make the public think it's only on Xbox when everyone wants it. People hate waiting 6 months.

I wish and am still hopeful. but I think that the first year will go to Sony, but like the PS3 the Xbox One will gain popularity and eventually will be even with Sony
#26Shadowalker1191Posted 9/24/2013 5:43:08 AM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Raven-Z posted...
Titanfall is coming to the 360 and PC and eventually PS4. You're completely deluded if you think its the One's killer app.

Yet I hear so many people call it such.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

I mean, the default assumption is that the majority isn't deluded.

"so many people" called the first Killzone the Halo Killer.

Just sayin...

Dont forget haze!
#27MilesTeg420Posted 9/24/2013 6:18:44 AM
This gen will be similar to gen 5 in sales. Wii U = Saturn, Xbox One = N64, PS4 = PS1. The numbers for Wii U slightly higher than Saturn, Xbone slightly higher than N64, PS4 about equal to PS1.
#28DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/24/2013 6:30:24 AM
Well its true that most of the complaints about the Xbox come from the small hardcore crowd. Sales cannot be reliably predicted at all at this point.

The vast majority have no idea what the Xbox or PS4 even offers and what the differences are, let alone brood all day on policy changes that they've never even heard of.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#29MilesTeg420Posted 9/24/2013 6:56:41 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Well its true that most of the complaints about the Xbox come from the small hardcore crowd. Sales cannot be reliably predicted at all at this point.

The vast majority have no idea what the Xbox or PS4 even offers and what the differences are, let alone brood all day on policy changes that they've never even heard of.

We have pre-order numbers and $100 price difference. It's fair to make predictions based off of that.
#30MetroidFan9999Posted 9/24/2013 7:06:35 AM
There is extrapolation one can do to determine relative success a console may have after launch.

For example, going by data that we know about each console, there are obviously more total available preorders all around for PS4 than Xbox one.

Going by this data:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/dont-panic-there-are-still-places-to-pre-order-the-xbox-one-and-ps4/

It is also safe to assume that the demand for Xbox One was hard pressed to even quickly meet the total available X1 preorders fully. Hence, it's logical to assume that the demand for Xbox One is quite below that of the PS4.

Given the demand and the price factors, one would find it hard pressed to say that the X1 will sell more than the PS4, at least in short term.

People can say this is a marathon.......but if the userbase is drastically in PS4's favor the first year and they always keep ahead of MS in the price game, there is literally no chance for the X1.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif