XBox One clearly has the better exclusives...

#51fretless58Posted 9/23/2013 8:46:58 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
fretless58 posted...
TakeItInTheFace posted...
... so what are your opinions as to why the PS4 is winning the race so far? Don't we all buy systems for the games that are available?

Hm, well let's see.
1. Sony didn't try to screw everyone over with anti-consumer policies.
2. The PS4 is cheaper by a whole $100.
3. Sony isn't forcing everyone to buy their casual-marketed camera.
4. The PS4 is more developer and indie friendly.
5. Sony didn't market the thing as being a TV and sports device.
6. Microsoft has Ryse.
So there's a few reasons.

1. They charged us $200 on the PS3 for a piece of hardware that made games slower just so they could win the MOVIE format. Then they forced the more expensive and inefficient Cell on developers costing dev teams a lot of time and money in order to push their own CPU. They also completely denied that failure rates on the PS2 until they were sued and still didn't pay up after losing in court...
2. Xbox 360 was cheaper by $200 and that didn't stop it.
3. No they forced something much worse on gamers in the past that costed more.
4. Sure.
5. So having less marketing of features is a console advantage?????
6. Yes. And PS4 has Killzone. Not much difference between those two really. Both are made for bone headed dudebros who like pretty graphics and bad gameplay.

1. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the PS4 and the Xbone here. Not the PS3 vs. the 360.
2. Again, not relevant to the current consoles.
3. Not. Relevant.
4. Glad you can see that.
5. Well, when you want to win over gamers with a brand that has previously been a video game console, you don't start off by showing that you can watch The Price is Right on the thing.
6. I'm pretty sure Killzone has more sophisticated gameplay than just button mashing folowed by QTE's.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#52Shik_stickPosted 9/23/2013 9:06:15 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Shik_stick posted...
So basically what you are saying is my list of advantages based on comparing the two systems and what they offer as well as what a great majority of the industry is saying doesn't count because...money? Oh and dedicatd servers.

I didn't say they didn't count. I said you could pad both lists.

Learn.2.Read.

Yet another half insult from the leader of the defense force because he has no legitimate points to debate. And here i thought we were all adults.

You opened with a completely perversion of the argument and try to blame people for not entertaining your stupid fallacy and call me the leader of the defense force? Oh jesus, irony...

And you completely ignored the point. All you said was that Xbox has nothing without Kinect except dedicated servers. Despite the fact that thats already a huge advantage to online gamers... its not even remotely true as I have demonstrated.

My list gave tangible advantages. What you said was nothing more than a series of could bes and conjecture. No real argument to spport anything else.

Also you need to learn what irony is.

The dedicatded server thing again...moot point. As i already stated. Keep trying though.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#53_Sovereign_Posted 9/23/2013 9:14:04 PM
Clearly your opinions do not match my own
---
Consoles I've owned : NES SNES GEN N64 PS DC GC PS2 Wii PS3 X360 Wii U GB GBC VB DS 3DS
I do not return to topics, I say my peace and move on
#54DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/23/2013 9:15:20 PM
1. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the PS4 and the Xbone here. Not the PS3 vs. the 360.
No, we were talking about companies and how much we can trust them.
2. Again, not relevant to the current consoles.
Its relevant in determining whether price = victory
3. Not. Relevant.
Its not relevant that people buy consoles despite what peripherals are forced with them? The Wii sold like mad cakes while most of the best games used standard controls. If anything is irrelevant, its your original argument
4. Glad you can see that.
5. Well, when you want to win over gamers with a brand that has previously been a video game console, you don't start off by showing that you can watch The Price is Right on the thing.
No, you do that by making a bunch of triple A titles for launch. They did that. Saying they advertised other features is irrelevant to the quality of the console.
6. I'm pretty sure Killzone has more sophisticated gameplay than just button mashing folowed by QTE's.
So now you've played both Killzone SF and Ryse? Pass the crystal ball when you're done with it. So far they both look like dudebro super graphics/gory game that brings nothing new to the industry.

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#55DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/23/2013 9:34:18 PM(edited)
My list gave tangible advantages.

LOL the possibility of Sony being able to keep pace with MS is a TANGIBLE advantage? That Gaikai isn't replicable by MS's far more extensive network is TANGIBLE? These are illogical and ultra optimistic speculations at best.

This is as tangible as people saying Cloud = infinite power so PS4 hardware is useless. Hey its in the realm of possibilities isn't it? Its at least just as likely as it is for Sony to spend billions to completely build up an equal infrastructure to MS even though they aren't a software company, have no such capital and does not have anywhere close to the same amount of expertise or experience.

Lets not even forget the ultimate idiocy of this argument. Its not even actually an advantage... its the POSSIBILITY of the Xbox NOT having an advantage. This is like listing "maybe PS4 won't have any devs that take advantage of the hardware!" as an Xbox advantage lol...
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#56ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/23/2013 9:45:19 PM
I'm sorry, I'm missing the part where I said Money is subjective and Kinect benefits are not. Instead of admitting you lied, you are just digging yourself in a further hole.

"The only actual major console advantage is hardware. Price is just how much money you have to spend."

So, I'm guessing that isn't you implying that the price doesn't matter to those who have money, essentially making it only a personal benefit to some? I'm guessing I'm also just seeing things when after you stated that PS4 has no benefits outside hardware, then made your typical BS list of the "benefits" that the XB1 has to offer over the PS4.

If I'm digging a hole, then you've probably already made your way to the center of the Earth, buddy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7CULOL8hXo
#57zinsindettaPosted 9/23/2013 9:55:08 PM
Ignore Shik_stick. He is a Xbox One hater that trolls just about every topic.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#58DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/23/2013 10:22:34 PM(edited)
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I'm sorry, I'm missing the part where I said Money is subjective and Kinect benefits are not. Instead of admitting you lied, you are just digging yourself in a further hole.

"The only actual major console advantage is hardware. Price is just how much money you have to spend."

So, I'm guessing that isn't you implying that the price doesn't matter to those who have money, essentially making it only a personal benefit to some?

Its not what it means at all. Thanks for playing the "make up what people said" game.

Funny how there isn't even a single mention of what is or isn't subjective in the least.
---
#59Jedi454Posted 9/23/2013 10:37:18 PM
Lol the PS4 is just a more powerful PS3 and the controller has barely changed since the PS1 dualshock. My hands have grown since I was 7 years old lol.
#60DelRowePosted 9/23/2013 10:58:26 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Lol the PS4 is just a more powerful PS3 and the controller has barely changed since the PS1 dualshock. My hands have grown since I was 7 years old lol.

The PS4 controller is bigger than the Xbone controller, and the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbone.
---
You are not in control.