XBox One clearly has the better exclusives...

#71Chao_YunPosted 9/24/2013 5:48:40 AM(edited)
I have yet to see an exclusive better than current gen at launch. These are called growing pains. Both are bad.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#72singhellotakuPosted 9/24/2013 5:57:43 AM
the thing is we all bought 360's and ps3's however for a number of reasons, most of us used the 360 as a primary and the ps3 as a secondary, mostly for things that weren't on the 360, like exclusives and pretty much all japanese games, the needle has swung the other way, I think most of us are buying a ps4 first which means it will be the primary.

I own just shy of 140 games for the 360, I own a little less than 20 ps3 games, and its almost all exclusives of one nature or another (mostly atlus and naughty dog releases) I'm betting I'll have Dr3, forza and halo on my eventual xb1, and everything else on my ps4, and really...to hell with the wii u.
#73Special-EddPosted 9/24/2013 6:02:44 AM
Wrynnax posted...
Not gonna start a fight here, you have your opinion, i stated mine without resorting to insults. But i will mention this:
-X1 games announced/in development:63
-ps4 gamed announced/in development:128

The fact that a lot of the games PS4 has shown have been indie titles is a bit worrisome. I'm sure the AAA titles are coming but I know I'm not the only one who wants to actually see them or at least hear about them. It just makes me feel like that number is padded by a lot of indie projects. I enjoy plenty of indie games but I want some next gen on my next gen system.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#74boundedcribPosted 9/24/2013 6:18:30 AM
not to mention that Xbox One exclusive got over 100 E3 awards. for those of you that don't know that's twice as many as Playstation exclusives..... this fact is weirdly overlooked regularly.
#75hrjPosted 9/24/2013 6:20:18 AM
TakeItInTheFace posted...
... so what are your opinions as to why the PS4 is winning the race so far? Don't we all buy systems for the games that are available?

Im certainly buying a ps4 for the games so yeah.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#76DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/24/2013 6:41:34 AM
NotCeo posted...
Maybe, just maybe people are smart enough to look past the announced lineup.

Does anyone really think that Microsoft's strategy of paying major studios and publishers like EA (Titanfall, PvZ), Capcom (Dead Rising 3), Crytek (Rise) to make their major releases exclusive?

Did people just forget that for the past few years Microsoft's exclusives have mostly fallen into five categories: Kinect, Gears, Halo, Forza, and indie? And they aren't likely to be the lead console for indies this time around.

oh, and $100.

Are you kidding? Sony is desperately trying to match MS's spending on exclusives. Exclusives is where its at. Talking about the recent few years is pretty silly. The Xbox has only had 2 slow years out of 8. It completely destroyed Sony at the beginning.

Seems like the same issue considering how much MS has at launch and how much it has spent on exclusives. Your argument is pretty much "XB1 now, PS4 later".
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#77DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/24/2013 6:47:08 AM(edited)
singhellotaku posted...
the thing is we all bought 360's and ps3's however for a number of reasons, most of us used the 360 as a primary and the ps3 as a secondary, mostly for things that weren't on the 360, like exclusives and pretty much all japanese games, the needle has swung the other way, I think most of us are buying a ps4 first which means it will be the primary.

I own just shy of 140 games for the 360, I own a little less than 20 ps3 games, and its almost all exclusives of one nature or another (mostly atlus and naughty dog releases) I'm betting I'll have Dr3, forza and halo on my eventual xb1, and everything else on my ps4, and really...to hell with the wii u.

I highly doubt this. On the 360 vs PS3 issue, they bothed performed roughly the same with unnoticeable differences at best. It was the online that was different as well as the system itself.

This time around the differences in graphics will be noticeable but then the gameplay and interface advantages are also wider. Kinect will definitely make everything easier, from switching between games and apps to snapping in FAQs to using Twitch to adding someone to your game or party with voice commands and whatever gameplay functions it may do.

More importantly, we are going to be seeing a lot more dedicated servers for multiplat games which will turn the 99% crappy P2P environment around on its head.

I'm not going to play a game like CoD for slightly better graphics when it runs on P2P vs dedicated.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#78CapwnDPosted 9/24/2013 10:48:00 AM(edited)
Wrynnax posted...
Not gonna start a fight here, you have your opinion, i stated mine without resorting to insults. But i will mention this:
-X1 games announced/in development:63
-ps4 gamed announced/in development:128

Not insults. Just saying that it takes a special person to post wrong information like that.

You can ignore the truth about both systems having about the same number of games with dedicated servers last gen if that's what you want to do. That isn't opinion, as you put it.

And you can spin numbers all day to try to make Sonys lineup look better, but the fact is, just like the PS3 the PS4 first few years is looking bleak.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#79MetroidFan9999Posted 9/24/2013 10:46:24 AM
Better exclusives?

It may have more higher budget exclusives.....

But better? That is debatable, I would disagree wholeheartedly after seeing KI and Ryse.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#80Chao_YunPosted 9/24/2013 10:52:55 AM
I would disagree with DesperateMonkey even if he said the world was round. He is THAT annoying.
---
Forest trees are greener.