Show of hands. Who thinks the XB1 is objectively better than the PS4?

#31RussellGorallPosted 9/23/2013 9:35:27 PM
The launch lineup and money backing is better.

The console is really lacking and likely to get set on fire.
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#32TheCyborgNinjaPosted 9/23/2013 9:43:59 PM
You can't objectively review anything until it's available. I think the software it offers appeals more to what I want, so I'm getting it.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#33ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:01:04 PM
Foxx3k posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Incorrect.

Facts aren't open to popular opinion as you describe it.

Example: it was popular opinion at one time that the sun revolved around the Earth.

The fact that there was once consensus on that matter never made it fact or objectively true.

blah blah blah what is truth blah blah blah based on observation blah blah blah inductive reasoning blah blah blah

Surprisingly, Foxx3k's satire managed to summarized my following point. True fact is limited by perspective, so in truth, nothing is fact unless common agreed upon by the group. What makes the information about the Earth's orbit to be true is that we believe it is true. But in reality, we could be living in the matrix for all we know. Majority consensus is all we have. Logical inferences are just conditions by which we use to reach a majority consensus.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7CULOL8hXo
#34supermoc10Posted 9/23/2013 11:00:25 PM
Well, the only way to objectively compare the consoles themselves would be the specs so no, the X1 isn't better.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#35Alienware4LifePosted 9/23/2013 11:01:57 PM
Graphics will be slightly less, but overall it will do a lot more than a ps4 as well as be faster, and better, plus the online isnt even close.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#36Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/23/2013 11:11:10 PM
supermoc10 posted...
Well, the only way to objectively compare the consoles themselves would be the specs so no, the X1 isn't better.

Well, the only way to objectively compare the consoles themselves would be the variety of capabilities out of the box so no, the PS4 isn't better.

Oops. So much for that. Both of those metrics are still subjective, as to which makes one better.
#37EvilScythePosted 9/24/2013 12:34:12 AM(edited)
I do. Nothing about the PS4 interests me. I like the games and the community of friends I have with XBOX so i'm sticking with it.
#38xnoelzPosted 9/24/2013 1:44:22 AM
I don't, because it's not.
---
"Sleep is for the weak."
#39pigman2003Posted 9/24/2013 1:47:48 AM
You can't say a console is better than another when they offer different things, if you do then your an idiot.

The PS4 has slightly more powerful hardware and is cheaper, if those things are more important than you may think that the PS4 is better.

The Xbox One has a better quality online service and more next gen games, if those things are more important then you may think the Xbox One is better.

They're a ton of things you can compare but the fact is that if someone says that one console is better than the other stating it as a fact, then they're either a child or an idiot.
#40Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/24/2013 3:41:42 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Foxx3k posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Incorrect.

Facts aren't open to popular opinion as you describe it.

Example: it was popular opinion at one time that the sun revolved around the Earth.

The fact that there was once consensus on that matter never made it fact or objectively true.

blah blah blah what is truth blah blah blah based on observation blah blah blah inductive reasoning blah blah blah

Surprisingly, Foxx3k's satire managed to summarized my following point. True fact is limited by perspective, so in truth, nothing is fact unless common agreed upon by the group. What makes the information about the Earth's orbit to be true is that we believe it is true. But in reality, we could be living in the matrix for all we know. Majority consensus is all we have. Logical inferences are just conditions by which we use to reach a majority consensus.

This has gotten pathetic now.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.