Show of hands. Who thinks the XB1 is objectively better than the PS4?

#61Chao_YunPosted 9/24/2013 7:01:11 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

Ok you are good at this. Call out Chrish909's list now.

Oh wait you don't have anything to gain by doing so, right?

Ah, I see. I'm a shill now for pointing out the differences in objectivity and subjectivity. It should go without saying that everything I'm saying fully applies to other subjective posts that are passed off as objective. This post was before the one you're referring to and while I was first responding to it the post you're referring to was posted(I'm at work so it takes me some time to post). I have only responded to those who responded to me since then. Why do I have to respond to that post to just reiterate what I've been saying?

Only you can prevent forest fires.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#62Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/24/2013 7:02:47 AM
Raven-Z posted...
Are you really going to argue the definition of objective truths? Notice how I said 'truths' and not necessarily 'advantages'. Apparently its you who needs to go back to school.

And calling a stranger 'kid' makes you look like the saddest breed of Internet Tough Guy, undermining any points you were trying to make.

So now, on top of not understanding the difference between subjective and objective, you're also choosing to be disingenuous and trying to pass off your misunderstanding and ignorance on to me? For shame... Where in this post did you suggest these are objective facts?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67317753/758866057

You posted a list of perceived advantages in a topic ignorantly asking for an objective winner in the PS4 v XBO debate and now you're going to act as if these are still objective but from a differenct perspective? Jeez... Can't you do any better than this? I'm getting bored at work and this discussion is hardly engaging. Maybe I'll head over to 261 for a bit...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#63Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/24/2013 7:04:16 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

Ah, I see. I'm a shill now for pointing out the differences in objectivity and subjectivity. It should go without saying that everything I'm saying fully applies to other subjective posts that are passed off as objective. This post was before the one you're referring to and while I was first responding to it the post you're referring to was posted(I'm at work so it takes me some time to post). I have only responded to those who responded to me since then. Why do I have to respond to that post to just reiterate what I've been saying?

It's difficult when you have a bunch of yokel's shooting bottle rockets into dry brush and you're only holding a cup of water. Plus the cup is half empty! Or is it half full? O_o
---
#64Chao_YunPosted 9/24/2013 7:07:58 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

It's difficult when you have a bunch of yokel's shooting bottle rockets into dry brush and you're only holding a cup of water. Plus the cup is half empty! Or is it half full? O_o

Normally, I would think half full, but with Microsoft, you probably need a day one download to fill your tank. :p
---
#65MetroidFan9999Posted 9/24/2013 7:09:00 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

In a topic that looks for objective advantages, a list of objective truths is far more worthwhile than a list of subjective drivel.

Why?

If an objective truth is the same on both sides, then it can be ultimately eliminated from both lists, to ultimately arrive at the entire point of this topic...finding which console is objectively better.

You calling out said list is counterproductive to the entire point of this topic, along with ignoring probably the most subjective list one could possibly make.

Seriously, what exactly is your intention in this topic?
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#66Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/24/2013 7:32:40 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

In a topic that looks for objective advantages, a list of objective truths is far more worthwhile than a list of subjective drivel.

Why?

If an objective truth is the same on both sides, then it can be ultimately eliminated from both lists, to ultimately arrive at the entire point of this topic...finding which console is objectively better.

You calling out said list is counterproductive to the entire point of this topic, along with ignoring probably the most subjective list one could possibly make.

Seriously, what exactly is your intention in this topic?

Those "objective truths" you speak of are nothing more than subjective drivel and I've shown so already in this topic. My intention in this topic? To pass the time and illustrate my first post in this topic, namely the last sentence: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67317753/758834639

The problem with this topic is it is looking for an objective answer when only subjective answers can be provided. It's like asking what color is, objectively, the best. It can't be done. My "calling out" of people on this fact is absolutely not counter productive, although that is your subjective viewpoint and I respect that.
---
#67goombatommyPosted 9/24/2013 7:35:15 AM
chrish909 posted...
Raven-Z posted...
Objective:
The PS4 has a more powerful GPU.
The PS4 has faster RAM.
The PS4 doesn't force a mandatory camera.
The PS4 is $100 cheaper.
The PS4 is physically smaller.
The PS4 doesn't have an external power brick.
The PS4 doesn't hold Netflix behind a paywall.
Sony own more first-party studios worldwide.
Sony own a dedicated streaming service (Gaikai)
Sony allow cross-platform play with MMO's.
Sony allow PS4 games streamed to PS Vita.

I await your subjective arguments.

Xbox has halo
Xbox has kinect and clearly ms is confident about it by including with system
xbox can hook up a cable box
Atm xbox lineup kills ps4s
Xbl is better than psn
Ms isnt going out of business like sony is
xbox has netflix hidden behind a paywall to prevent hackers, I want that
xbox has power brick to prevent system failure, I want that
xbox is bigger to prevent system failure, I want that
Ms can fail, sony cant

www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/17/andrew-house-sony-computer-entertainment-isnt-allowed-to-fail-anymore-with-ps4/

Alot of sonys fans will be very upset this gen. This is sonys gen to cash out and stay afloat by any means possible. They are in a do or die state. Their fanbase is notoriously cheap and they are about to release tons of f2p games. Its bound to be a disatser. Ps3 lost 8 billion and vita lost 2 billion. How their predocessors plan to be successful is beyond me.

Ps3 had lots of expensive exclusives and they lost alot of money, dont expect to see that this gen as they are in a recovery state. Thats why they havent been announcing games. Nd is probably working on a ios game.

ps4 has remote play but you have to be close to the console. Basically you can play ps4 while using the bathroom or if your tv is broken.

sony will be selling the ps brand by the time gaikai is releasing.

Bro, you are desperate. REALLY holding on to and hoping for Sony's financial failure. You know the PS4 is better. You're desperate. You're grasping for straws. Anything to throw at the Sony/PS4 fans.

-Halo was good up until 3. After that it was caca. (Completely subjective).

-Who cares about a cable box. I've got my own DVR I'm quite happy with.

-Hmm, button mashing Ryse, F5 and DR3? What else? Crimson Dragon looks mediocre at best (again subjective). Killzone: SF graphically alone - looks to blow any Xbox One launch title out of the water. Knack is a throwback to platform gaming. Forza may have the upper hand on Driveclub but I'm personally not a fan of racing arcade/sim games. Not only that, but PS4 is launching with a healthy dose of third party titles, just like Xbox One is. Also - PS4 will have a plethora of Indie titles and Free-to-play titles. Planetside 2 alone is freaking amazing (played on PC) and am looking forward to playing it on the PS4.

-Despite the issue that happened with PSN being hacked, the service on its own is great. I've enjoyed many hours of online gaming with the PSN and the PS store is great! Instant Game Collection. /nuff said.

-Sony may be having some financial issues, but they are not going out of business. Such an ignorant statement.

-So you'd rather pay for something such as Netflix twice to "prevent hackers?" What, you're afraid they're going to "hi-jack" your Netflix library or something? lol Such logic..

-I'm going to sum up your next two points here by simply saying - these are possibly the two most stupidest statements I've ever read, so it's quite obvious you're just trolling.

-Maybe...but if I'm not mistaken, weren't there certain shareholders wanting to eliminate The Xbox division as well? (Looking for link, will update if I find).
---
PSN ID - Frdranger
#68goombatommyPosted 9/24/2013 7:40:07 AM
Additionally, I'm not upset at all. I praise the F2P games at the PS4 launch.

I highly, highly doubt ND is working on an iOS game and if they are, they probably have a seperate, smaller team doing so. They've already confirmed they are working on a next-gen title.

Hey, at least we have Remote Play. ;) What does the Xbox One have? Oh, thats right.

No, they won't. And once Gaikai expands and grows not only its media content but to other devices, it will put whatever MS has to shame. If MS even has anything. At least Sony is trying. :)
---
PSN ID - Frdranger
#69Chao_YunPosted 9/24/2013 7:45:18 AM
goombatommy posted...
Additionally, I'm not upset at all. I praise the F2P games at the PS4 launch.

I highly, highly doubt ND is working on an iOS game and if they are, they probably have a seperate, smaller team doing so. They've already confirmed they are working on a next-gen title.

Hey, at least we have Remote Play. ;) What does the Xbox One have? Oh, thats right.

No, they won't. And once Gaikai expands and grows not only its media content but to other devices, it will put whatever MS has to shame. If MS even has anything. At least Sony is trying. :)

I think F2P is a fool's gambit, and anyone willing to roll those dice deserves their fate.
---
#70Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/24/2013 7:47:36 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
Objectively, which one would you want responsible for your survival if you were launched towards the moon?

Xbox. It's so big it might ground me to the earth thus saving me from my fate.

Yes, this is sarcasm people.
---