Microsoft suggests you DON'T hook up your ps4 to the XB1

#11Foxx3kPosted 9/23/2013 8:28:08 PM
That's pretty funny.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12VoidBeyondPosted 9/23/2013 8:31:59 PM
Raycon posted...
"Due to HDMI latency issues, Penello reasoned, using the Xbox One's HDMI pass-through feature for any kind of "interactive" entertainment would result in lag during gameplay, which suggests that Microsoft wouldn't recommend playing an Xbox 360 through the One either. "

Well, what the hell CAN you use it for?

"The HDMI port was designed with passive video viewing in mind, Penella said, where latency issues wouldn't disrupt the experience as dramatically as it would if you were playing a game on a connected device"

That's what it is meant for. But they're saying you CAN hook other things up to it, it just won't be as up to par as it's designed for video only.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#13CasualGamersPosted 9/23/2013 8:32:25 PM
Rakesus posted...
Raycon posted...
"Due to HDMI latency issues, Penello reasoned, using the Xbox One's HDMI pass-through feature for any kind of "interactive" entertainment would result in lag during gameplay, which suggests that Microsoft wouldn't recommend playing an Xbox 360 through the One either. "

popcorn. The system is sure to run hot enough ^_^

Teehee
#14RayconPosted 9/23/2013 8:33:48 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Raycon posted...

"The HDMI port was designed with passive video viewing in mind, Penella said, where latency issues wouldn't disrupt the experience as dramatically as it would if you were playing a game on a connected device"

That's what it is meant for. But they're saying you CAN hook other things up to it, it just won't be as up to par as it's designed for video only.

But the X1 already plays DVDs and Blu-Ray... right?
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#15LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/23/2013 8:36:53 PM
Raycon posted...

Lol! God this console is useless.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#16SilentS89Posted 9/23/2013 8:55:41 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Raycon posted...

Lol! God this console is useless.

If it had proper backwards compatibility we wouldn't need these hoops.
#17VoidBeyondPosted 9/23/2013 8:57:16 PM
Raycon posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Raycon posted...

Cable box.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#18RayconPosted 9/23/2013 9:00:06 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Raycon posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Raycon posted...

Cable box.

Oh. I guess there is that. Admittedly I've never used one before, so I have no honest clue how it works.

<_<
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#19NewMoonShadowPosted 9/23/2013 9:15:16 PM(edited)
With this revelation, yeah, a cable box is basically the only thing you can plug into the X-Box One's HDMI port. Of course, with cable on the way out because of streaming instant video services, the long-term appeal of such a feature is highly questionable. I already know people who don't even have TV services outside of Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix.
#20DivineMagusPosted 9/24/2013 5:14:59 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Does Penello ever stop talking

This guy its pissing me off.