Microsoft suggests you DON'T hook up your ps4 to the XB1

#31SparkItUpPosted 9/30/2013 3:39:58 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Raycon posted...
"Due to HDMI latency issues, Penello reasoned, using the Xbox One's HDMI pass-through feature for any kind of "interactive" entertainment would result in lag during gameplay, which suggests that Microsoft wouldn't recommend playing an Xbox 360 through the One either. "

Well, what the hell CAN you use it for?

"The HDMI port was designed with passive video viewing in mind, Penella said, where latency issues wouldn't disrupt the experience as dramatically as it would if you were playing a game on a connected device"

That's what it is meant for. But they're saying you CAN hook other things up to it, it just won't be as up to par as it's designed for video only.

Thing is, when they were advertising this as a major feature, they made a point to say that you could use your 360....basically now they are saying that you cannot use it efficiently. It's a bit of backpedaling from what they previously said...Not a big deal in my book because you can just switch to your 360 if you want to use it , but for those who may have wanted to do so, I can see this being a bit of a bummer and yet another negative about the console. It was a bit misleading of them to say what the did previously about hooking your 360 up to it, but again, in my book not a big deal...just something they shouldn't have bothered to really use to impress.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#32NerdimusPrimePosted 9/30/2013 3:51:07 AM
HDMI passthrough was designed for TV input ( satellite or cable box). It was marketed as a consumer feature but by design it is primarily a revenue stream. By routing your TV programming through the Xbox One, they can effectively monitor your TV watching habits and give more effective targeted ads. MS wants Xbox One to be your all-in-one media hub, but not because it's convenient to you, because it gives them more information about you.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#33AlexanaxelaPosted 9/30/2013 7:52:23 AM
tv?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#34Prince ShondronaiPosted 9/30/2013 8:22:05 AM
"...In fact, you probably shouldn't have a PS4 anywhere near the XB1, just to be safe. Because of the wi-fi's and voltage combobulators. You understand."
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#35maheo30Posted 9/30/2013 8:24:40 AM
Since there is no chance of me buying a PS4 then this won't be a problem.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)