Do ya buy games from certain developers/publishers that people don't like?

#1zerooo0Posted 9/23/2013 9:54:26 PM
I buy games from DICE new, not for EA but for DICE. DICE are truly the people that deserve my money and I will support them as long as their quality shows. Sadly though it supports EA which lets say I disagree with a lot of what they do.(Like repackage FIFA 13 as FIFA 14 for the Wii, PSV, PS2 & 3DS>.>)

I wish DICE wasn't under EA control, but consequently we wouldn't be getting another Battlefront if EA didn't smell the potential money gains from it. So lets just say I have a mutual love/hate relationship with EA with it being mostly hate for all except DICE and arguable Bioware(At times for Bioware)
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/23/2013 10:26:28 PM
The undue hatred that gamers have for EA is hilarious. They're not the company they used to be.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3HellsControllerPosted 9/23/2013 10:34:30 PM
Nope. I buy used in that case. ME3 was the last EA and BW game I bought and will buy in the foreseeable future. The fact that EA is now the sole holder of the Starwars franchise and are going to ruin(I din't see it being good, hopefully I'm wrong) Battlefront makes me hate them more.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#4XenobowPosted 9/24/2013 3:25:52 AM
No, I don't buy capcom games.
#5ItIsOkBroPosted 9/24/2013 4:23:33 AM
I made it a whole thing to buy MvC3 used because of Jill/Shuma on the disc. Screw Capcom tbh.

And now they're almost bankrupt......D= feelsbadman
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#6xninjagrrlPosted 9/24/2013 4:34:42 AM
I support Quantic Dream. Saying this on the xbox boards makes it even more incendiary ;)
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#7shotgunheadshotPosted 9/24/2013 4:50:03 AM(edited)
I don't really care. None of them deserve my money. It's all brainwash if you think your helping a developer. I'd rather help walmart and used pawn shops and used stores like GameStop. They need more money then rich microsoft or Sony.
I dont want them controlling everything like Microsoft tried to do. Only getting games from them would be horrible.Things would be much worse. It's easy to find deals on games the way it is now when going to a store. Digital is alright though.
#8singhellotakuPosted 9/24/2013 6:02:09 AM
Foxx3k posted...
The undue hatred that gamers have for EA is hilarious. They're not the company they used to be.

Yep, the way I figure it is, sure they are evil, but they also like making money, that means they release games, usually not perfect but quality, they also know how to make a quality game in a reasonable amount of time,none of this 20 year blizzard nonsense, Diablo 3 sucked but ea could have at least gotten that suck developed in 2 or 3 years so we could move on with our lives. EA would have given us a proper RE ages ago because market research would say do what the fans want or shelve the franchise if survival horror wasn't marketable.
#9Bikes-Posted 9/24/2013 6:09:13 AM
singhellotaku posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Yep, the way I figure it is, sure they are evil, but they also like making money, that means they release games, usually not perfect but quality, they also know how to make a quality game in a reasonable amount of time,none of this 20 year blizzard nonsense, Diablo 3 sucked but ea could have at least gotten that suck developed in 2 or 3 years so we could move on with our lives. EA would have given us a proper RE ages ago because market research would say do what the fans want or shelve the franchise if survival horror wasn't marketable.

Even their games have been going downhill as of late, dead space 3 (which was stupid fun, but not a real dead space game), Dragon age 2 (lazy sequel the game), Simcity, and I guess medal of honor (Never played that series though) I also have fairly minimal hope for Da3 (looks like they refuse to go back to what made it appealing to old school rpg players and instead make it more action based) and sims 4 from what I saw of it looked like a sim 3 expansion instead of a new game.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#10BadLuckIncPosted 9/24/2013 6:19:04 AM
To be honest, a lot of people give EA crap because of their polocies, but in my opinion they publish some great games, and this new batch of ones coming for the next generation looks awesome.

You may not like their policies and think "they are the worst company in gaming lol, their games are trash infested, micro transaction junk", but look at some of the great franchises they have.

I've always been interested in EA published games. BF4 is going to be amazing no doubt, and their Gamescom presentation was very well done I think. Also picking up Battlefront and publishing Titanfall is just win/win for gamers.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk